Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 03:26 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
If people actually studied the reasons and benefits of legalization, we'd see a lot more support. A lot of cops are actually in favor of legalization, because then instead of wasting time going after Harold and Kumar, they can stop the real crimes. Of course, legalization would need regulation too, like no stoned driving or operating machinery. And it should be taxed like cigarettes.

bull shi^
I am a recovering alcoholic and addict I voted for the first time for George McGovern because he was for pot to be legal I was 18 that pot led to all sorts of heavier drugs
to act like it is harmless is bull
the one's who want it legal are the addicts
it is like a non alcoholic, alcohol could be out lawed tomorrow and it would not mean shi* to them but the drunks!! Oh my the screaming!!!
the last thing we need is another legal drug
a doper thinks just like a drunk
I can handle it
famous last words!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 03:51 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
bull shi^
I am a recovering alcoholic and addict I voted for the first time for George McGovern because he was for pot to be legal I was 18 that pot led to all sorts of heavier drugs
it is like a non alcoholic, alcohol could be out lawed tomorrow and it would not mean shi* to them but the drunks!! Oh my the screaming!!!
I can handle it
famous last words!!!

alcohol and pot no comparison!!!

my brother was a full fledge alcoholic when he was in his teens, in other words he was so bad he couldn't even function.. he finally quite when he was like 22, and was dry for 29 years and in all those 29 years he smoked pot he had no problems functioning.. and he is a workaholic granite counter top and kitchen installer who is one of the best here on island, and is recommended by word of mouth ..

Old 07-31-2014, 04:16 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
What's going on in Denver?

Colorado (including Denver) is doing MUCH better than the prohibitionists expected since legalization took effect. Lower crime rate and higher tax revenue.

Come November, recreational use will be legal in Oregon, and Florida will legalize medicinal use.

NY Times is absolutely correct. Most mainstream media outlets will follow their lead and hasten the end of cannabis prohibition.
Uh, not quite.

We need to start child-proofing pot - LA Times

Old 07-31-2014, 05:41 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
During a national emergency, or martial law, the federal government will be issuing pot to everyone.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:34 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
During a national emergency, or martial law, the federal government will be issuing pot to everyone.
probably be dropping it from helicopters

Old 07-31-2014, 07:14 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
bull shi^
I can handle it
famous last words!!!
Pot can't kill you. So don't know how they'd be your last words.

Marijuana has many therapeutic benefits as well as health benefits. You can overdo anything but we are all adults here right?

Old 07-31-2014, 07:21 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
probably be dropping it from helicopters
From all the local police agencies, then, after a two hour wait, in with the swat teams.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:27 AM

75 posts, read 123,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Maybe they should first take a look at what is going on in Denver.
What's going on in Denver?

I was just there, and it's a nice city. I don't see any ill effects from cannabis legalization at all.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:59 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
bull shi^
I can handle it
famous last words!!!

Yes... nothing is completely harmless. At any rate, while your cannabis use may have led you to harder substances, there is still no valid proof that cannabis is a gateway drug. The proof that I and many others have never "graduated" to other harder substances contradicts that "gateway drug" BS! Furthermore, there are many who support legalization that don't partake. Those who support legalization are simply sick of wasting valuable resources on prosecuting pot smokers when there are a plethora of other problems with more serious drugs.... legal or otherwise. And finally, the government has no business telling people what they can and cannot consume.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:09 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
I'm waiting for all of the smoking laws to apply and a law that says apartment complexes can ban it indoors. I don't need to be getting high from my intoxicated neighbors. Eating it, fine by me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies