Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?
Pro-Life 55 34.38%
Pro-Choice 105 65.63%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 03:01 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,826,625 times

Advertisements

I am pro-life because I believe everybody deserves a chance at life. Obviously there are special cases where abortion may be the only choice such as rape or when the mother's life is in danger, but I feel like its unfair to have one just because you may not be "ready" since there is always the option of adoption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 03:40 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,826,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Are you a woman?

If not perhaps you should not be dictating laws, that cause women to go through 9 months of "huge growth" inside their bodies. What right do men have to make laws governing women's bodies? (This should be an issue decided by women, not a bunch of republican men.)

And the majority of republican men who oppose abortion are phony. Look at it this way, 21,000 children die every day on this planet because of lack of food and easily preventable diseases.
Today, around 21,000 children died around the world

I often talk to republican men about the US government giving financial aid to save those children from dying. Do you know what republican men say about the US government saving those children? They say "those people should not be having kids, those children will overpopulate the planet, let those kids die." How could a bunch of republican men care about a fetus, when they don't care about 3-15 year old children starving to death?

The only purpose of the republican abortion talk, is to bring uninformed Christians into the corporate controlled republican party, and then get Christians to vote for corporate tax cuts like these.

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress
It doesn't matter if men are pro-life or not, we have straight people who are gay rights activists even though they aren't gay.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:49 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Are you a woman?

If not perhaps you should not be dictating laws, that cause women to go through 9 months of "huge growth" inside their bodies. What right do men have to make laws governing women's bodies? (This should be an issue decided by women, not a bunch of republican men.)

And the majority of republican men who oppose abortion are phony. Look at it this way, 21,000 children die every day on this planet because of lack of food and easily preventable diseases.

I often talk to republican men about the US government giving financial aid to save those children from dying. Do you know what republican men say about the US government saving those children? They say "those people should not be having kids, I'm not saving those kids." How could a bunch of republican men care about a fetus, when they don't care about 3-15 year old children starving to death?

The only purpose of the republican abortion talk, is to bring uninformed Christians into the corporate controlled republican party, and then get Christians to vote for corporate tax cuts like these.

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress
I see you are another that turns everything to his one issue the thread is not about tax cuts that never happened

Old 07-29-2014, 03:55 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
As Hillary would say " what difference does it make" Roe vs Wade will never ever be over turned. The {R} party and their obnoxious social conservatives could gain total control of all 3 branches of the gvt and for their lust to hold power they would not attempt to over turn Roe vs Wade. Do you know why? They at least have a speck of common sense and know if they tried or were successful the next election they would we be thrown out in droves.

The best the social conservatives are getting is what they have now and that is placing restrictions on the state level. I wish their was a {R} leader that when it comes to Roe vs Wade would tell the social conservatives to s t f u about it. Oh by the way I am pro life but I have this habit of looking at reality.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Are you a woman?

I often talk to republican men about the US government giving financial aid to save those children from dying. Do you know what republican men say about the US government saving those children? They say "those people should not be having kids, I'm not saving those kids." How could a bunch of republican men care about a fetus, when they don't care about 3-15 year old children starving to death?

I hope your not suggesting, that the majority of women are selfish, with the world revolving around them.....

Old 07-29-2014, 06:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
As Hillary would say " what difference does it make" Roe vs Wade will never ever be over turned. The {R} party and their obnoxious social conservatives could gain total control of all 3 branches of the gvt and for their lust to hold power they would not attempt to over turn Roe vs Wade. Do you know why? They at least have a speck of common sense and know if they tried or were successful the next election they would we be thrown out in droves.

The best the social conservatives are getting is what they have now and that is placing restrictions on the state level. I wish their was a {R} leader that when it comes to Roe vs Wade would tell the social conservatives to s t f u about it. Oh by the way I am pro life but I have this habit of looking at reality.

Roe v. Wade just said that there is no place in the US Constitution that gives the Federal government the power to rule one way or the other.

The power is then left to the individual States.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:37 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I hope your not suggesting, that the majority of women are selfish, with the world revolving around them.....
The gender gap on abortion issues is actually pretty narrow.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:43 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,599,516 times
Quote:
Are you a woman?

You do realize that Democrats believe the exact opposite, right?

I am pro-choice but your argument absolutely sucks. The logic on both sides is completely flawed. If you support abortion then it is illogical to support the welfare system. If you want to ban abortion, then you must support the welfare system. At what point in time do Democrats start caring about children and Republicans stop caring about children?

Old 07-29-2014, 06:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I am in favor of an individual's RIGHT TO DECIDE what to do with their OWN body. If a woman terminates a pregnancy that is HER decision. To FORCE a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy is to make her a SLAVE. INDIVIDUAL FEMALE CHOICE is the only consideration.

If you are the male that did the impregnating I assume you are ready to pay for the housing, medical care and feeding of the resultant child and its mother until the end of YOUR days. If you are not keep your sperm to yourself.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:52 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,599,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am in favor of an individual's RIGHT TO DECIDE what to do with their OWN body. If a woman terminates a pregnancy that is HER decision. To FORCE a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy is to make her a SLAVE. INDIVIDUAL FEMALE CHOICE is the only consideration.

If you are the male that did the impregnating I assume you are ready to pay for the housing, medical care and feeding of the resultant child and its mother until the end of YOUR days. If you are not keep your sperm to yourself.
In your opinion, should the rest of society also be forced to carry that burden?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies