Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 03:42 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,310 times

Advertisements

Sanctions are a two-edged sword. We placed negligible sanctions against Russia and they may just come home to bite us.

Russia to retaliate with boots on the ground and new economic sanctions on U.S. - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 03:48 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Sanctions are a two-edged sword. We placed negligible sanctions against Russia and they may just come home to bite us.

Russia to retaliate with boots on the ground and new economic sanctions on U.S. - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com
by economic sanction against us....you mean "trading with iran"
And by "boots on the ground"... you mean "still massing military force on the ukraine border"

Both of which they've been doing before we put sanctions on them.

Am I missing something here?

Old 08-05-2014, 03:53 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
by economic sanction against us....you mean "trading with iran"
And by "boots on the ground"... you mean "still massing military force on the ukraine border"

Both of which they've been doing before we put sanctions on them.

Am I missing something here?
Apparently. Russia is going to throw a monkey wrench into our own oil deal with Iran. Now if ISIS captures and controls the Iraqi oil fields and the straits of Hermosa . . .

Old 08-05-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Apparently. Russia is going to throw a monkey wrench into our own oil deal with Iran. Now if ISIS captures and controls the Iraqi oil fields and the straits of Hermosa . . .
We will still be making plenty of our own oil. (thats been a pleasant change recently). Will it impact us? yup-but not too much. I suspect Mircea will drop by to explain that in detail, and refinerys, and types of oil (because that really does matter), So it may affect us price wise. I dont expect anything huge and horrible from it-theres a LOT of other places to get oil, and as its competitive unless they can cut us off from the market in some large way its pretty irrelevant.

If ISIS tries to control the straights of Hermosa and bar traffic they will learn that America's military WILL get involved then I suspect.

Overall Im not seeing anything that really worries me, but again you seem concerned about it, so please explain why it should be a concern.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:12 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
We will still be making plenty of our own oil. (thats been a pleasant change recently). Will it impact us? yup-but not too much. I suspect Mircea will drop by to explain that in detail, and refinerys, and types of oil (because that really does matter), So it may affect us price wise. I dont expect anything huge and horrible from it-theres a LOT of other places to get oil, and as its competitive unless they can cut us off from the market in some large way its pretty irrelevant.

If ISIS tries to control the straights of Hermosa and bar traffic they will learn that America's military WILL get involved then I suspect.

Overall Im not seeing anything that really worries me, but again you seem concerned about it, so please explain why it should be a concern.
Plus there's the Australian oil. I'm not sure if they have started drilling yet, but it's supposed to be larger than Saudi Arabia.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Plus there's the Australian oil. I'm not sure if they have started drilling yet, but it's supposed to be larger than Saudi Arabia.
Isnt it a shale deposit? If so its only profitable when oil hits a certain price point. It does provide a natural buffer to price rises.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:21 PM

546 posts, read 547,436 times
The biggest thing that the Russians are doing is to be involved in the BRICS plan to move the world's reserve currency from the US dollar to other countries. Once the BRICS have a system in place, which should happen in the next couple of years, the dollar will lose its worldly crown, and then it will collapse. Searching out info on the BRICS plan to overthrow the dollar is an interesting information hunt.

You will find that the real reason behind much of the military movements made by the western powers is to keep the present system in place, and that both Saddam and Khadafi were executed, not because they were such bad guys, but because they openly refused to use dollars in their sale of oil. It is a very interesting and complex situation, which the economic powers of the west have been camoflaging for many years, and a thorough search of this information will reveal the plans of the wars of this century, and last century.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:31 PM

546 posts, read 547,436 times
Quote:

The concern comes when the dollar devaluates. Few of the economists speak of these things, because they don't want to place any credibility on this possibility. But it is inevitable. Wars are fought as a power struggle, and big money follows the side that they think will win. With the fall of the dollar, the USA's struggling economy will take another big hit, and the ability to produce weaponry will decline. At the same time, the BRICS system will boost the economies of the eastern powers and eventually give them the upper hand. This is why the US is trying to surround Russia and China with military bases. It's all about control. The Ukraine is a spot that the US is going to use to place missile batteries, and it's right on Russia's back door. How would we feel if Russia placed missiles in Cuba? ....Oh, that already happened, didn't it! The US is playing with fire right now, and knows that its decline is coming.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
big deal, so russia is going to get iranian oil, that heavy sour type crude oil is tough to refine to begin with, so russia is going to spend a lot of money getting second rate oil products. the only country in the world that can properly refine irans oil is the US.

as for their threat to invade the ukraine, i am not sure that even putin wants to go that far yet. the ukraine has signed some treaties with the west that might require us to go to war with russia to defend them, and i really dont think putin wants that.

as for ISIS closing the straight of hormouz, iran has been threatening that very thing for decades, but they realize that the US navy would go in and keep that straight open to the rest of the world, and the navy wont be gentle about doing it, despite the chinese made silkworm missiles iran has procured. air strikes will take out those sites rendering them useless, and then our cruisers can mop up what is left of the iranian navy, including the kilo class submarines they bought from russia many years ago.

and the iranian air force will be no more effective against the US military than the iraqi air force was.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:39 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:

meh. whatever.

Their economy will suffer much, much more than ours. We can handle it, they probably can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies