Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 06:59 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine_565 View Post
I don't understand why the police often shoot to kill, and not simply to wound. If there is an altercation with a suspect, why not shoot them in the leg, if you must use your weapon? Why do they always shoot the person in the head or the chest?
Cops are taught to aim for center mass so they don't miss and send a bullet flying off god knows where. Aiming for a leg is likely to produce a miss and put bystanders at risk. These days some cops have tasers which can stop an assailant (in theory anyway) without causing serious injury. Seems like this case might have been a good time to use a taser if Brown was resisting arrest. Tasers don't always work but it could have been worth a try. But there's been so little information about the attempted arrest so who knows? My main question at this point is why is it taking so long to get the autopsy report? That will go a long way towards telling the tale of what actually happened during the confrontation between Brown and the cop. Exactly how many shots were fired? How many hit Brown? And exactly where on his body was he hit?

Last edited by r small; 08-16-2014 at 07:09 AM..

Old 08-16-2014, 07:00 AM

10,019 posts, read 8,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
If police refuse to protect citizens or their property, guns in private hands are necessary for personal protection. Lawless incidents like these in Missouri are living, breathing billboards for citizens to have a gun. I've read the guns are flying off the shelves in Missouri. If the police allow lawlessness, citizens will take up the slack.
Missouri would be one of the last states to ever give up their guns.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:03 AM

716 posts, read 1,237,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Missouri would be one of the last states to ever give up their guns.
I dont care for guns cus i live in a very safe area and dont put myself in situations where id need one but If you live in ferguson right now and havent bought a gun youre crazy....unless you decided to go on a long vacation as soon as u saw what was going on...but i dont even think you by yourself with that gun would be enough if the right people decided to eff with you

Old 08-16-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
I dont care for guns cus i live in a very safe area and dont put myself in situations where id need one but If you live in ferguson right now and havent bought a gun youre crazy....unless you decided to go on a long vacation as soon as u saw what was going on...but i dont even think you by yourself with that gun would be enough if the right people decided to eff with you
I live very close to Ferguson and I do own guns but the last time I shot them was 30 years ago at floating driftwood in the Missouri river.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:06 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
It is really sad that every time the black community stands behind someone that gets killed, they are not as the innocent victim they first portray on the news.

Then the thugs come out and do more stealing. The black community should be ashamed for standing up for the perpetrator and don't even notice that the thugs have taken over with stealing out in the opened.. they look down right disgusting as they try to paint a picture of police brutality when the officer is beaten with bruises on his face. The guy who was killed thought he could get away with crime , beating an officer , but he didn't.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:08 AM

716 posts, read 1,237,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
I live very close to Ferguson and I do own guns but the last time I shot them was 30 years ago at floating driftwood in the Missouri river.
How far are you from where it is taking place

Old 08-16-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
How far are you from where it is taking place
If I didn't obey the speed limit I can get there in 15 minutes.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:32 AM

1 posts, read 728 times
Folks in Ferguson will soon enough be free of whites and free to govern and produce the tax base necessary to thrive. Non blacks will leave quickly, new government will fundamentally change the face of police and government, businesses rebuilt, investor money will flow in, kids will suddenly do well in school and all will be well once those shackles are removed. 'Scuse me, I need to go ride my Unicorn

Old 08-16-2014, 07:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
With the grainy photos at the store, I have no idea if it was Brown. I just know it was a guy.

Hopefully, all evidence will be taken to Quantico for independent analysis by the FBI. Surely, they can zero in on all photos, videos, evidence of distance when shots were fired, etc, and determine what actions should follow.
Just to clarify and save some valuable time... Brown's cohort ADMITTED that they did the Strong Arm Robbery.
Case closed on that.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Did the rioters burn down the very store Brown robbed?

If so that owner was robbed, assaulted, and had his business destroyed in a matter of hours.
Why yes, yes they did, last night they looted the very store (how DARE a store owner deny a young black youth free stuff ) not to mention looting a hair care store stealing hair extensions etc. The owner of that store said "I've had enough, I'm leaving".
So, now we've got flea market sales material and some pimped out girlfriends of crooks and thugs but no more stores/jobs/taxes for that city.
If I was the QT corporation I'd put in some self service pumps with a bullet proof kiosk to pay and that's it.

Way to go! Way to make your city better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies