Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 09:59 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
He already had his hands up in the air when he got shot the first time. The officer continued to empty his gun in his back, even while he was laying down on the ground.

What do YOU call that?

According to whom?

Old 08-16-2014, 10:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
You still didn't answer the question. What gang sign did he throw up and what proof do you have that he was in one? You sure are the expert on assumptions. Were you there when it happened?
I saw the pictures. It was Bloods and Vice Lords.
But you really can't put stock in that he was in the gang.

I've caught 11 year olds at recess practicing the gang hand signals.
It takes some practice to contort your fingers like that.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:01 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So the police chief said the shop lifting wasnt the reason for the initial stop that lead to the shooting........

Why did Ferguson release this video of brown then ?

Is this like the defense attorney for a rapist presenting an "im so wasted" Facebook post of the victim as a show of character as if it excuses the actions of others ????
I heard talk radio say that the Police Chief said they released the video because of "freedom of information" inquiries from the press and public.

I would think the police report would have been released before the video, especially when the FBI discouraged them.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:07 AM

716 posts, read 1,238,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
What I find amazing in this thread is those very folks who said we need to wait until the facts are presented have now made a decision based on a video of a theft. They have now filled in the blanks and accepted the police version of events. The video tape only does two things. It proves that Brown was not a saint and it adds to what may have been on Browns mind when the encountered the cop. It in no way proves the shooting was justified. We do not even know the cops version of events. The autopsy and forensic report will tell the actual story as to what really happened. Many of you are revealing yourselves and it is not a pretty sight. If it is proved that the cop was justified you will reveal your bias. If it is proved he was not justified you will go back in your hole and hide or say it is a conspiracy. Facts matter and we have not been given all of them at this time. I for one will wait until they are presented.

Reggie

Who cares if it was justified or not...just let the case die out the way you would any shooting that isnt one of the few white on black ones...the amount of attention this, trayvon, and jordan davis got is ridiculous...

Old 08-16-2014, 10:07 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
According to whom?
His friend wasn't the only one that said it, there were other people who saw his hands up too. This was not some "quiet" street. The cop was yelling and then firing his weapon. You don't think people turned around to see WTF was going on??

Again, the only way to know for SURE if the cop shot him 10 times in the back while laying down will be when an autopsy is completed.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:09 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Interview with eye witness to the shooting.

New witness emerges in the shooting death of Michael Brown | MSNBC

Old 08-16-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
What racism?? So people that dont agree with how the black community will smear any white they can get their hands on and ruin their life before the facts come are racist? or anyone who complains about how we need to focus on black on white violence AT LEAST A FRACTION AS MUCH AS we care about the occassional white on black situation? And people need to stop using the word racist cus to most white people being called a racist hurts as much as being called a nword does to blacks..not to me but to most of these white guilt people that yall have brainwashed.
Did you ever stop to think that the "white on black" crime you consider to be minor is not, when riots happen after an unarmed black kid is shot dead by a white cop?

The black on white street crime may be higher in percentage than in the opposite direction, but the "white on black" crime committed by cops is high and perceived to be predatory by the black community. This is the reason why there are riots.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:21 AM

Rioting is foolish. They're destroying businesses and the potential for economic growth. They have done more harm than good by looting. I absolutely disagree with the crime.

On the other hand, considering the population of that town, the numbers of cops in their police force and the type of weapons they had at their disposal is completely disproportionate to the size of the town. Unless they were amassing an arsenal for a day like last Saturday when the black residents got out of hand.

It never had to escalate to such a high degree so quickly with camouflaged officers and urban assault vehicles, tear gas and rubber bullets. Only after that happened did the residents believe they had nothing to lose.

I can tell you the world is watching the United States and how we handle this case, as they were watching the Trayvon Martin case last summer.

Cases like this expose the dust and cobwebs behind the perfectly polished furniture. It doesn't look good. All fancy on the outside and dirty where the sun doesn't shine.

So far, two strikes. Let's not get a third.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Interview with eye witness to the shooting.

New witness emerges in the shooting death of Michael Brown | MSNBC
I have to wonder what this does to any future court proceedings when all these witnesses are appearing in the MSM and probably getting paid to appear on TV shows.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:23 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I have to wonder what this does to any future court proceedings when all these witnesses are appearing in the MSM and probably getting paid to appear on TV shows.
She sounded sincere to me....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies