Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 10:24 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unconcerned View Post
Not ONE arrest last night in the bottle and rock throwing and looting of the convenience store and hair salon? The Highway Patrol are only standing by and watching all this lawlessness take place? Unbelievable. Whatever happened to law and order? I'd move my business out of there. That city will die like Detroit did.
The community leaders asked the state patrol not to stop the looters for fear of violence. The police literally stood down. The only thing preventing larger mayhem were a few guys trying to run interference.

They interviewed one Hispanic owner/manager he said it's the second time he's been hit. Not sure if he'll reopen.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:26 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
That'd be my guess. No factual evidence to support that though.
It's my 'guess' also - based on comments in the St Louis forum that the Quick Trip was "ground zero" because a box of cigars had been stolen from them. One thing is clear - when the 'protestors' found out they had the wrong store, the broke into the boarded up 'correct store' and destroyed it.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:28 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So the police chief said the shop lifting wasnt the reason for the initial stop that lead to the shooting........

Why did Ferguson release this video of brown then ?

Is this like the defense attorney for a rapist presenting an "im so wasted" Facebook post of the victim as a show of character as if it excuses the actions of others ????
I suspect to stick it to the DOJ. They are reporting that the DOJ advised against releasing the surveillance tape as to not inflame passions. The police chief agreed Thursday but changed their mind on Monday. I think the chief was getting back at the governor and those criticizing him.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:30 AM

716 posts, read 1,238,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Rioting is foolish. They're destroying businesses and the potential for economic growth. They have done more harm than good by looting. I absolutely disagree with the crime.

On the other hand, considering the population of that town, the numbers of cops in their police force and the type of weapons they had at their disposal is completely disproportionate to the size of the town. Unless they were amassing an arsenal for a day like last Saturday when the black residents got out of hand.

It never had to escalate to such a high degree so quickly with camouflaged officers and urban assault vehicles, tear gas and rubber bullets. Only after that happened did the residents believe they had nothing to lose.

I can tell you the world is watching the United States and how we handle this case, as they were watching the Trayvon Martin case last summer.

Cases like this expose the dust and cobwebs behind the perfectly polished furniture. It doesn't look good. All fancy on the outside and dirty where the sun doesn't shine.

So far, two strikes. Let's not get a third.
Well then the world will be even more brainwashed than Americans are. And they were also watching when the likes of Shawn Tyson kill one of their countrymen for being a white person. Its a shame the world and Americans cant be told whats really going on. I bet the world actually believes more whites kill blacks than the other way around which is obviously the dumbest thing you can think of.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
This is the reason you can't have a realistic discussion with some people

Reggie
What did I say in that post that was incorrect though...if it wasnt white on black it never would have been a news story to begin with...you never would have heard about it

Old 08-16-2014, 10:37 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So the police chief said the shop lifting wasnt the reason for the initial stop that lead to the shooting........

Why did Ferguson release this video of brown then ?
The police chief needs to just shut up and let the gorgeous black highway patrol cop do the "talking" from now on. He's an idiot. He lied and said the reason he released the tape was because the "media asked for it". No they didn't. They had no clue of its existence.

See? He's clearly from another era and needs to be replaced with someone more progressive. I know he didn't run the idea though the black highway patrol guy that's in CHARGE OF THE INVESTIGATION now, because he would have clearly told the old out of touch fart "Um, no. Smearing his name will just make it worse. No, don't release the video". He knew the guy would tell him this and he wasn't about to have no highway patrol cop tell HIM what to do, so here, let them see the kid wasn't no angel.

No one said he was. People aren't stupid. Of course, he did SOMETHING for the cop to stop him, but the cop didn't stop him for a ROBBERY, he stopped him because he was WALKING IN THE STREET!!! The freaking STREET!!!! The hell???

^^As you can see from the above, I am clearly NOT from Missouri, because I can't even imagine NYPD stopping people for walking in the darn street OF ALL THINGS. Kid is dead, because he was walking in the street!!

Old 08-16-2014, 10:38 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
We never would have saw much of that video if it was a white women tho. The racial angle pushes these to the forefront. White guy gets killed = no big deal no reason to even bring it up casually...black guy gets killed = end of the world even if hes a robber

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Yeah, bwe would have, because it was a 6 ft look to be about 200 pound bald-headed roided up cop beating the crap out of a woman with everything he had!!!

You don't think that video would have went viral if she was white? Seriously???
There are plenty of videos in which cops have have accosted a white woman.

Three come to my mind: There's one in which the cop is seen kicking the head of a white hand-cuffed woman who is sitting on the curb. And another in which a drunk young white woman is pushed into her jail cell so violently that her head slams into the concrete bench, with major injuries resulting. And one in which the cops actually remove the woman from the camera area, and then "later" she is returned to her cell showing signs of a major beating.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I don't know why it would get deleted. You and I are both asking the poster to post links to stories of black people defending criminals.

We KNOW they won't be able to do it, because it's NOT true.

These "people" that are posting have NO BLACK FRIENDS or people they can talk to. They get their information from movies and Fox News. They know it and WE know it.

Anyway, um, still waiting for the names of those black criminals black people are always defending?

Good thing it's a weekend as I know it will probably take that long or until I'm in a nursing home for this info to be posted. Lol
Did black people not support OJ, lil boosie, vick...and thats just off the top of my head...and any movie ive seen regarding race is decidedly pro-black so I dont know why youd bring that up...I watch black people(both analysts and athletes)give opinions on social issues in sports and issues like this every day, Ive listened to pretty much every rapper going especially new ones from the south, Ive got about 1000 friends on fb, more than half are black(some just regular folks i know from town, others are black power types from my town and a few are black power types I follow from all over), and see all types of black peoples posts every day...so i think Im not completely ignorant of how black people feel...and how many white friends do u have that dont completely fawn over black people? cus I can tell by the way u react to peoples posts in here that you dont know any white people that keep it real and probably havent even been exposted to many of them on tv even...you act like were saying hugely controvtial things even though its just plain common sense

Old 08-16-2014, 10:39 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,537,124 times
Quote:
Kid is dead, because he was walking in the street!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdL9...ature=youtu.be

@6:28/6:29 of video

#1 How’d he get from there to there?

#2 Because he ran, the police was still in the truck – cause he was like over the truck

{crosstalk}

#2 But him and the police was both in the truck, then he ran – the police got out and ran after him

{crosstalk}

#2 Then the next thing I know he doubled back toward him cus - the police had his gun drawn already on him –

#1. Oh, the police got his gun

#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police back toward him cus - the police had his gun drawn already on him –[/color][/b]
kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him

{crosstalk}

#2 Police fired shots – the next thing I know – the police was missing

#1 The Police?

#2 The Police shot him

#1 Police?

#2 The next thing I know … I’m thinking … the dude started running … (garbled something about “he took it from him”)

Additionally, this eye witness account clarifies other issues and disputes the “shot in back narrative”. The police vehicle was positioned “screen view left” – Mike Brown’s body is positioned head toward police vehicle. This would also corroborate both the Officer (as told to his friend) and this witness account of what transpired.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:42 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,477,620 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdIHFM27IhM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies