Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 06:11 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually One of the Bush family is being encouraged to run.....
Away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 09:42 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Man, the Bush Doctrine is an utter failure on every level.

Guess we get to see this happen all over again in Afghanistan next. At least a lot of people got rich.
still trying to blame bush? when obama took over in 2009 he also took over the iraq war. and that means that since his people were not able to negotiate a deal with would keep american troops in country, and since he promised to get the troops out anyway, its his deal, not bushs.

and dont forget that the iraqis are the ones that have to maintain their freedoms now, and they are not doing that. they are the ones letting ISIS take over their country. the US can do only so much without just taking over a country, and that is not what we do, we are not russia.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:57 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
still trying to blame bush? when obama took over in 2009 he also took over the iraq war. and that means that since his people were not able to negotiate a deal with would keep american troops in country, and since he promised to get the troops out anyway, its his deal, not bushs.

and dont forget that the iraqis are the ones that have to maintain their freedoms now, and they are not doing that. they are the ones letting ISIS take over their country. the US can do only so much without just taking over a country, and that is not what we do, we are not russia.
When Maliki refused to agree to a SOFA, what were we supposed to do? Send the troops in anyway? As you just stated, "the US can do only so much without just taking over a country and that is not what we do, we are not russia".
Maliki didn't want us there. With US troops embedded, he couldn't strip out all the Kurdish and Sunni leaders of the Iraqi army and replace them with Shiite loyalists.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
When Maliki refused to agree to a SOFA, what were we supposed to do? Send the troops in anyway? As you just stated, "the US can do only so much without just taking over a country and that is not what we do, we are not russia".
Maliki didn't want us there. With US troops embedded, he couldn't strip out all the Kurdish and Sunni leaders of the Iraqi army and replace them with Shiite loyalists.
i am not disagreeing with you on this, what you say is in fact true. my problem though isnt with obama not being able to negotiate a status of forces agreement, and i dont blame him for puling the troops out on bushs timeline either. my problem is with those that continually blame bush for everything despite the fact that bush had nothing to do with the issues at hand. obama could have caved on the SOFA and let crimes committed by US solders be tried on iraqi courts, but he stood firm on that. and when ISIS started up, obama could have sent boots on the ground to turn them back, and he didnt, and i actually applaud him for that also.

its the constant blame bush mentality that i cant abide by. its the constant we should have done something different or better or what ever mentality that fails. if the iraqis dont want their freedom, then they get the government they deserve. and bush had nothing to do with that. we got them their freedom, we trained their military to handle these very situations, and their military ran away. that tell me that the iraqis want someone else to give them their freedom, because they dont want to fight for it themselves. stop blaming bush.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:17 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
Quote:
i am not disagreeing with you on this, what you say is in fact true. my problem though isnt with obama not being able to negotiate a status of forces agreement, and i dont blame him for puling the troops out on bushs timeline either. my problem is with those that continually blame bush for everything despite the fact that bush had nothing to do with the issues at hand. obama could have caved on the SOFA and let crimes committed by US solders be tried on iraqi courts, but he stood firm on that. and when ISIS started up, obama could have sent boots on the ground to turn them back, and he didnt, and i actually applaud him for that also.

its the constant blame bush mentality that i cant abide by. its the constant we should have done something different or better or what ever mentality that fails. if the iraqis dont want their freedom, then they get the government they deserve. and bush had nothing to do with that. we got them their freedom, we trained their military to handle these very situations, and their military ran away. that tell me that the iraqis want someone else to give them their freedom, because they dont want to fight for it themselves. stop blaming bush.
Exactly! Blame the iraqis, you can also say we shouldnt have gone in at all but all that is past return. What do we do now? Let the islamic state become a world power? Because that is the trend if we dont stop them dead! Dont think they will stop with iraq. They want the world.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:20 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:

Very good post and I agree on all counts. there is too much passing the Bush Buck engaged by Democrats. Using the business principle that "if you blame outside forces and previous managers, you never take ownership of the problem or situation and you compound the challenges".
By now Democrats should know that whatever they inherited, they own and also that the republicans will not assist them in any way, shape or form. Politics is a dirty business. After almost 6 years, that should be obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies