Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 12:12 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,967,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManassesMomma View Post
What is the point of impeachment, when there is such a power struggle going on in politics today.
Impeachment is pointless.

I would like to see a public lynching and hanging, but then that would make me racist all because Obama happens to be ½ black, raised by a white woman and never the son of a slave.
Wow, there is no low that is too low for some, is there, Manasses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 12:29 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,440,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
I assume most of you wouldn't let a petulant child get away with bad behavior, so I'm sincerely asking, what is your solution to Obama's gross misconduct while occupying the office of the Presidency?

Pretty much how I dealt the idiocy that is Bush, wait for the next election. At least Obama hasn't falsely invaded any countries, there is that.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:40 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,343,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
If there is such a mountain of evidence then your hero's in the House need to do their job, are you holding them accountable for not doing their job, are you calling for their impeachment? No, I thought not, just more selective outrage.
The fact of the matter is, as you well know, that the Senate would never convict; therefore, impeachment would be a waste of time, and nothing would be gained. back at ya!

I support John Boehner's lawsuit, which I think is a better approach. One constitutional attorney writing about it called it "brilliant."

Old 08-12-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The fact of the matter is, as you well know, that the Senate would never convict; therefore, impeachment would be a waste of time, and nothing would be gained. back at ya!

I support John Boehner's lawsuit, which I think is a better approach. One constitutional attorney writing about it called it "brilliant."
So since you do not believe it would pass, it wouldn't, you feel like it is a waste of time to try, I do not believe it is in the rules saying that if something needs to be done and it might be difficult then one should not attempt it.
Lawsuit, like that is going anywhere. More like show boating and waste of tax payer dollars.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:43 PM

1,152 posts, read 1,280,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I hope conservatives attempt to impeach President Obama over their insane conspiracy theories about his lawlessness.

It will show people once again how insane conservatives have become.
That they are not doing so should be all the evidence you need as to the sanity of conservatives.

I rather think that the Democrat position should be showing people how insane the liberals remain.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Impeachment is only something that should be done in serious situations. If it becomes political, then it's lost its purpose. You don't simply impeach somebody you don't like.
It's pretty serious when the President of the United States changes laws on his own, at will, and on a whim. With laws being so uncertain (as in the case of the ACA), how can anyone have any confidence or trust in the law, or the government.

It's pretty serious when the President of the United States chooses not to enforce certain laws simply because he doesn't agree with them (that is a violation of not only his Oath of Office, but also willful failure to up hold the Constitution — which he also took an oath to do). It is the Presidents duty to see that the laws passed by Congress are faithfully executed. If he doesn't uphold the law, he is not doing his job. And it is a very serious matter indeed.

I'm well aware that you don't "simply impeach somebody you don't like." And, by the way, this isn't just "political" either.

Obama is a man with no respect for the law, or our Constitution. He does as he pleases, in clear violation of law and of the Constitution. He had no authority to "invite" the thousands of illegal aliens into the country, promising them they would be allowed to stay once they got here.

Capisci?

Old 08-12-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
It's pretty serious when the President of the United States changes laws on his own, at will, and on a whim. With laws being so uncertain (as in the case of the ACA), how can anyone have any confidence or trust in the law, or the government.

It's pretty serious when the President of the United States chooses not to enforce certain laws simply because he doesn't agree with them (that is a violation of not only his Oath of Office, but also willful failure to up hold the Constitution — which he also took an oath to do).

I'm well aware that you don't "simply impeach somebody you don't like." And, by the way, this isn't just "political" either.

Obama is a man with no respect for the law, or our Constitution. He does as he pleases, in clear violation of law and of the Constitution. He had no authority to "invite" the thousands of illegal aliens into the country, promising them they would be allowed to stay once they got here.

Capisci?
Except for the fact that he never did any such thing

Old 08-12-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Except for the fact that he never did any such thing
He absolutely did! At various times and in various statements, he has welcomed these people. This fact has been discussed many times by pundits, articles have been written, etc. He has acted as though the "Dream Act" was passed into law. It was not. Why are these illegals called "Dreamers?" at you!

Old 08-12-2014, 01:01 PM

22,214 posts, read 19,507,211 times
Quote:
He absolutely did! At various times and in various statements, he has welcomed these people. This fact has been discussed many times by pundits, articles have been written, etc. He has acted as though the "Dream Act" was passed into law. It was not. Why are these illegals called "Dreamers?"

The Dreamers are those already here......

Old 08-12-2014, 01:04 PM

195 posts, read 154,145 times
Quote:
Wow, there is no low that is too low for some, is there, Manasses.

It was tongue & cheek. Raised by a white woman and never the son of a slave. Lynching brings on a whole new light, when it's a white boy getting lynched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies