Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 08:27 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
I assume most of you wouldn't let a petulant child get away with bad behavior, so I'm sincerely asking, what is your solution to Obama's gross misconduct while occupying the office of the Presidency?
I have no idea what "gross misconduct" you are talking about. Has he lied in order to start a couple of wars costing trillions and killing thousands? That is what I would consider gross misconduct.

This is not school and you are not the principal. Why don't you ask a question based in reality instead of stating your own opinion and asserting it as fact. You know what they say about opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 08:34 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
I assume most of you wouldn't let a petulant child get away with bad behavior, so I'm sincerely asking, what is your solution to Obama's gross misconduct while occupying the office of the Presidency?
What about the petulant children in charge in the House right now? What is your solution to dealing with them and their bad behavior?

If there is truly "gross misconduct" by the president, there is one, and only one, remedy provided by the Constitution. The fact that Conservatives continues to drop the "I" word but won't actually go there tells you that even they know they have no grounds. All this talk is simply more bread and circuses to keep the empty-headed masses on the right properly satiated.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:58 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Well since the Cons do not have any evidence that would warrant impeachment and since they do not and will not get the votes in Congress to remove him from office I would say there is not much you can do about Obama one way or the other so the entire basis of this thread is a bit assumptive. How about the Congress do their jobs for a change and start addressing the issues instead of the constant whining about the President?
When the President uses the IRS to target his political enemies, makes recess appointments when there is no recess, blames a video maker for a terrorist attack that had nothing to do with that video, trades 4 terrorist generals for a deserter, unilaterally changes the ACA after it has been passed by congress, attacks Libya without the advice or consent of congress, and uses executive orders to enact parts of the Dream Act when congress did not vote it in then "whining" about him is the job of Congress. If you weren't such a partisan hack you'd agree. If Obama was a Republican and had done the exact same things that he has done, you'd be screaming bloody murder. I know that because you all were screaming bloody murder about Bush's drone strikes and then said nothing when Obama conducted even more drone strikes. You all screamed bloody murder about Bush's deficits and then said nothing when Obama ran even larger deficits. Your rank unprincipled partisanship is so blatantly obvious that it's disgusting.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:09 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
When the President uses the IRS to target his political enemies, makes recess appointments when there is no recess, blames a video maker for a terrorist attack that had nothing to do with that video, trades 4 terrorist generals for a deserter, unilaterally changes the ACA after it has been passed by congress, attacks Libya without the advice or consent of congress, and uses executive orders to enact parts of the Dream Act when congress did not vote it in then "whining" about him is the job of Congress. If you weren't such a partisan hack you'd agree. If Obama was a Republican and had done the exact same things that he has done, you'd be screaming bloody murder. I know that because you all were screaming bloody murder about Bush's drone strikes and then said nothing when Obama conducted even more drone strikes. You all screamed bloody murder about Bush's deficits and then said nothing when Obama ran even larger deficits. Your rank unprincipled partisan ship is so blatantly obvious that it's disgusting.
If Conservatives all believe these things to be impeachable offences, why are they not bringing articles of impeachment against the president? And don't give me the excuse that the Democrats in the Senate will not vote to convict. What has that got to do with anything? Should prosecutors decline to indict criminals because they are not assured a conviction?

If Conservatives truly believe this president has behaved in a way that rises to "high crimes and misdemeanors" it is their obligation to follow the law. Yet Conservatives refuse to do their duty because the big, bad Democrats won't support them. Seems to me that given their beliefs, it's actually the House Conservatives who are acting outside the law here.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:16 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,946 times
Quote:
Let's see, you've got internet forums largely filled with people whining and complaining about Obama when it comes to everything because their emotions tell him that he's bad and they want to blame everything in the world on him while ignoring the absolute mess he inherited and that he's done largely the same as his conservative opponents would have done. Who's are the petulant children again?

Old 08-13-2014, 09:38 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
When the President uses the IRS to target his political enemies, makes recess appointments when there is no recess, blames a video maker for a terrorist attack that had nothing to do with that video, trades 4 terrorist generals for a deserter, unilaterally changes the ACA after it has been passed by congress, attacks Libya without the advice or consent of congress, and uses executive orders to enact parts of the Dream Act when congress did not vote it in then "whining" about him is the job of Congress. If you weren't such a partisan hack you'd agree. If Obama was a Republican and had done the exact same things that he has done, you'd be screaming bloody murder. I know that because you all were screaming bloody murder about Bush's drone strikes and then said nothing when Obama conducted even more drone strikes. You all screamed bloody murder about Bush's deficits and then said nothing when Obama ran even larger deficits. Your rank unprincipled partisanship is so blatantly obvious that it's disgusting.
You reply is incorrect on so many levels it is difficult to even know where to begin, so lets begin at the beginning.
You make a lot of accusations, in bold, yet have yet to bring one of them up for formal charges, meaning tada; you do not actually have any other than your own opinion, which looks as if it was taught to you instead of formulated by using your own reasoning.
Partisan Hack? LOL, it is not me that belongs to a Political Party, that would be YOU, kid. Psst, usually when someone makes that common claim it only reflects ones own role in politics and their inability to actually think outside the box they live in
Silly kid, I voted for Bush and have zero problem with droning the heck out the enemies of this Nation, it is you right-handed children that whine when one or two of them happened to be US Citizens that have joined the enemy. I am against running deficits, no matter who is doing it, Bush said they were no problem, did you agree with him on that, or where you the good pawn and kept your yap shut while Bush and the Repubs did exactly the same sorts of things that you whine about Obama doing? You simply cannot stand the idea that someone would be willing to go after both Repubs and Dems, since I know good little pawns are only allowed to go after those that are standing on the opposite end of the playing field, questioning the actions of their own handlers is forbidden. That is why it is you that is playing the role of Pawn, an expendable playing piece on every chessboard, enjoy your role.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:54 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Since he hasn't done anything impeachable, I would like to know what the OP is talking about. Oh and by the way OP, thanks for showing that it is indeed Republicans who are always talking about impeachment.
"Since he hasn't done anything impeachable," only goes to show you don't anything about impeachment.

Nixon was being impeached for lying to the public.

Can you honestly say that Obama has NOT lied to the public?

Impeachment is whatever Congress says it is.

"Alexander Hamilton explained in The Federalist Papers (No. 65) that impeachment of the president should take place for "offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated political, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to society itself." And, in The Federalist Papers (No. 70), Hamilton further explained: "Men in public trust will much oftener act in such a manner as to render them unworthy of being any longer trusted, than in such a manner as to make them obnoxious (subject) to legal punishment."
In short, one of the aims of the constitution was to ensure that virtuous men would become the nation's leaders, and impeachment was merely the remedy for those public servants whose misconduct resulted in betrayal of the public trust:"

http://www.jpands.org/hacienda/edcor4.html

Old 08-13-2014, 10:04 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Pretty much how I dealt the idiocy that is Bush, wait for the next election. At least Obama hasn't falsely invaded any countries, there is that.
"At least Obama hasn't falsely invaded any countries, there is that" WITH the SUPPORT of the Dem controlled Senate, the then Senate Majority leader CO-SPONSORED the bill. And the dem House leader co-sponsored the House bill.

WITHOUT the dem support Bush would NOT have had the authority to act.

I know, a little detail those with BDS ignore when it suites them.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:13 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosopis View Post
Republicans will compromise if they can keep the retributive faction in line, which should be easier if they can send bills to the Senate and actually see them come up for a vote. Even after the ACA was rammed through on a wholly Dem vote, Boehner was willing to negotiate over the debt. It was only after those negotiations came to nothing that he said there was no point in working with this inflexible President. It takes two to compromise, and at the present time, neither side is willing to do so.

I suspect that Mr. Obama cares a great deal about his image, lame duck or not. Most politicos do. I could be wrong about that and he's willing to burn the whole place down to make his point - then he owns his gridlock that up to this point he has been able to blame on his enemies alone.

Yes, that is entirely the point I keep making about impeachment - only a few hot heads are dumb enough to want it. The rest of the House GOP is never going to get on board.
Republicans have shown very little at compromising. Basically from the start they set all sorts of records at filibustering in the Senate. As far as Reid not binging things up for a vote. There is a difference between not bringing something up for a vote that doesn't have enough votes to pass and blocking a vote from happening that has enough votes to pass. The ones that Reid is stopping from coming up for a vote doesn't have enough votes to pass period, same thing that Bill Frist did, and Tom Daschile before him and so on. What has changed is the amount of items that have enough votes to pass that are constantly being blocked from having a final vote. Also other than a couple exceptions, Boehner is holding hard to the Hastert rule. Has enough votes to pass but if the majority of the majority don't support it, no vote. The whole debt ceiling thing is another issue. When actual bills come up for a vote, have a debate, argument, etc, but doing that process when it comes down to paying PAST spending is abolutely absurd.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:15 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"At least Obama hasn't falsely invaded any countries, there is that" WITH the SUPPORT of the Dem controlled Senate, the then Senate Majority leader CO-SPONSORED the bill. And the dem House leader co-sponsored the House bill.

WITHOUT the dem support Bush would NOT have had the authority to act.

I know, a little detail those with BDS ignore when it suites them.

Of course if you look at the wording of the Authorization is what quite a bit different from how it was actually used...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies