Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 12:45 AM

572 posts, read 2,089,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
Instead of opening your mine, can we open your mind? Is there a "Readers Digest version of this?"
I love this.

When people don't have the knowledge to respond to a post that they disagree with, nearly 100% of the time they insult the poster for their typo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 06:15 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,634,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBreaux View Post
To the person who said "believe it or not the patriot act does work," all I can say is, "those who would sacrifice freedom for temporary security deserve neither." -Benjamin Franklin
Then I guess Ben Franklin would suggest doing away with the hassle of airport security at check in, right?

Old 08-20-2007, 10:13 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,008,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmc2007 View Post
In my personal opinion and having dealt with the first bomb at WTC-terrorists are simply bidding thier time. While everyone gets back into the daily groove and comfortable, turning on govt and dealing with theories..... it all gets forgotten and you all feel safe again, terrorists will hit. They have nothing but time on their hands to obtain maximum terror and death to prove thier point. And as long as it takes for you to get that secure feeling, thats when they will know. WTC was 1993 and they didnt hit again until 2001, they just waited....WHO the hell knew they would use planes..??? patience my friends they have endless patience.

And dont think that they will hit a large area again or even NY, they can hit in the mid USA where no one expects it. Currently where we see the most activity they think nothing of bombing schools, coffee houses, restaurants, places of worship, hospitals, malls weddings, funerals even. How many of you have bomb sniffing dogs at a wedding? or massive security at a funeral... go to the theater to see a movie on a Sat night with your kids? or go to a park for the day....is there bomb detection there? not ususally.

So while some of you sit here and dwell on you conspiracy theory that it was all done by the USA and the Bush admin.. next time you walk into a Starbucks, Mall or movie theatre .. remember the terrorists sleeper cells are all ready here and have been here long before the first bomb went off in 1993at the WTC--and they are just waiting for that call and the reality is none of you are prepared and will ask why were we not warned?! People wake up-- you have been warned.. you are being warned everyday in the news..... you just choose to live in denial and place blame.
well if they would attack in an everyday place(s), why wouldn't they have done it by now since it's arguably MUCH simpler to do it in ANY of those places that you mentioned. I believe that Pres Eisenhower was correct when he talked about the military industrial complex. It is so lucrative for the administration to produce contracts for its contributors centered around this "fear" industry. Everytime you go into an airport alone, they are always introducing another state of the art piece of equipment to "keep us safer" while civil liberties are kicked to the curb. The most hypocritical thing is that the southern border with mexico is WIDE OPEN. Why hasn't the gov't made a strong effort to seal off the border from all of the terrorists that would presumably cross the border to do us harm? Simply put, the fear industry is making people lots of $$$ and was helping a lackluster, underachieving president win elections for himself and his party.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:10 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,325,114 times
I don't think the average American will ever *really* know what happened on 9-11, but I do think there is ALOT we don't know.
Interesting article- note the source, the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation, no National Enquirer), that reports several of the hijakers are actually still alive. Click on link below:
BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Hijack 'suspects' alive and well

Old 08-20-2007, 07:19 PM

These were all cases of mistaken identity.

Its like saying Bob Jones killed somebody in Nebraska. Does that mean Bob Jones from North Carolina did it? Or Bob Jones from Indiana?

None of the hijackers had names that were very unusual, so it seems pretty easy to reason that at least a couple dozen people with the same name are alive and well in the Middle East or elsewhere.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:23 PM

320 posts, read 297,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Then I guess Ben Franklin would suggest doing away with the hassle of airport security at check in, right?
Airport security is not imposed on every American citizen, just those that choose to fly.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:37 PM

So anyone that chooses to fly should fly on an unsecure plane and have all their freedoms stripped then....

Old 08-20-2007, 07:42 PM

320 posts, read 297,193 times
Quote:
So anyone that chooses to fly should fly on an unsecure plane and have all their freedoms stripped then....
Who are you responding to?

Old 08-21-2007, 10:55 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,325,114 times
Quote:
These were all cases of mistaken identity.

Its like saying Bob Jones killed somebody in Nebraska. Does that mean Bob Jones from North Carolina did it? Or Bob Jones from Indiana?

None of the hijackers had names that were very unusual, so it seems pretty easy to reason that at least a couple dozen people with the same name are alive and well in the Middle East or elsewhere.
It was the pictures that I found interesting...it's the same ones that were released on 9-11. Just kind of interesting.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:08 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,470,125 times
The terrorist are very patient people and know full well we will retaliate (assuming we still have a Republican as president) so they will wait until they are sure they can do them maximum amount of damage before they strike again and they will strike again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies