Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 09:15 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,786,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
But the violence didn't escalate. The night before people were running around looting and burnt down a gas station. If that hadn't of happened, the police wouldn't have had to beef up protection. Yeah there was still violence afterwards, but no where compared to that first night. And the situation only got better when the Missouri State Highway Patrol took over because the protesters were celebrating a victory. They thought the police had given in to their demands and that they were going to get "justice".
The police should have gotten out in front of this story instead of letting the media run with "white cop guns down unarmed black kid who was surrendering." when they knew more at that time. That may seem trite to you because white people don't have to live in fear of the police in most cases unlike a lot of inner city blacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I don't know... I've been on CD longer than you have, but even you, by now, should know better than this. I mean... every time... a race baited thread comes up for a thrashing we have this line of dialogue. You must not be so smart as you think you are and you must have cut all your Psychology classes if you don't know the real reason for black failure in America.

I have to say... I might have died and gone to Hell thinking it was really us... we were cursed and it was our own fault... as it happens, I moved to the West Coast. SYM, I've seen Rednecks up close and personal. LOTS of Rednecks because when you look like I do in a city where there are not even enough African Americans to half fill a farm team baseball stadium, and therefore no 'hood. You wind up living with the Rednecks. There are 1,000 Rednecks for every black person over here and Rednecks do everything A.A. people are supposed to do and more. They don't go to jail, they get probation, the felons do go to jail but they serve their sentences at night or on weekends and they find jobs for them. They get stopped for DWI and they assault officers and they survive because the troopers exercise massive restraint when dealing with Rednecks.

So... go ahead... spew your feel good talking points. A lot of people on here know nothing about Rednecks. I didn't. We don't have them in NYC. In their Universe an African American man is the only example that comes forward in their mind when "abject failure" is personified. The women are all hoochies... Oh... don't get me started on the Asian skanks that slink around town on Saturday night dressed like hookers but they are really just out for a night on the town. Lots of them have old white men as boyfriends which is a good thing because no one will employ them. Is this much truth at the end of a 55 page thread going to be too much for it? Can we cut the crap now and call a spade a spade? Let's see.

H
Great post. We both now know that this is a "win" for the people who get all tingly in the nethers when they see a paramilitary squad of troops waving automatics around at blacks. It reminds them of their favorite video game, because like zombies/aliens/mutants, the targets aren't real humans.

I love the stats that come out in every thread. What a surprise, a system designed to produce those very results - gets those results most of the time. Hallelujah, let's throw that in the face of every black man, woman or child that we can because it shows how responsible we are and how much we love this country an how we want it to succeed.

Oh, and as an aside to your redneck story, my wife and I regularly watch the ID channel. One of the stories was how a small town white guy - smart, attractive, HS QB hero ( not a redneck) concocted a plan to rob an armored car. His plan involved a small flashmob of people dressed like him and he used an inner tube to float down the river with his loot. In the process of the robbery he pepper sprayed one of the armored car drivers. Ok, here's where it gets good. What was his sentence? Six years. Of which I don't even think he served all six. He's back in his hometown, has his HS sweetheart back and even has a job I think as an assistant coach. All I could think of was if this guy had been black - none of that would've happened. He'd be "in the system" for life, he'd have gotten a much longer sentence, then once released he'd be in an endless cycle of dead end minimum wage jobs, no way to recover and no way to work his way back into a successful and productive member of society. These second chances, whether justifiable or not - are not extended to blacks who have the misfortune to not live in impoverished areas where there are no jobs. And if they turn to crime, they get the full weight of the legal system thrown at them. I know, cry me a river right? It those second chances, those extra lives that some other people get, that people don't want to talk about, that doesn't come up when these statistics get brought up that they never want to face.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:43 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,994,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
The police should have gotten out in front of this story instead of letting the media run with "white cop guns down unarmed black kid who was surrendering." when they knew more at that time. That may seem trite to you because white people don't have to live in fear of the police in most cases unlike a lot of inner city blacks.

Great post. We both now know that this is a "win" for the people who get all tingly in the nethers when they see a paramilitary squad of troops waving automatics around at blacks. It reminds them of their favorite video game, because like zombies/aliens/mutants, the targets aren't real humans.

I love the stats that come out in every thread. What a surprise, a system designed to produce those very results - gets those results most of the time. Hallelujah, let's throw that in the face of every black man, woman or child that we can because it shows how responsible we are and how much we love this country an how we want it to succeed.

Oh, and as an aside to your redneck story, my wife and I regularly watch the ID channel. One of the stories was how a small town white guy - smart, attractive, HS QB hero ( not a redneck) concocted a plan to rob an armored car. His plan involved a small flashmob of people dressed like him and he used an inner tube to float down the river with his loot. In the process of the robbery he pepper sprayed one of the armored car drivers. Ok, here's where it gets good. What was his sentence? Six years. Of which I don't even think he served all six. He's back in his hometown, has his HS sweetheart back and even has a job I think as an assistant coach. All I could think of was if this guy had been black - none of that would've happened. He'd be "in the system" for life, he'd have gotten a much longer sentence, then once released he'd be in an endless cycle of dead end minimum wage jobs, no way to recover and no way to work his way back into a successful and productive member of society. These second chances, whether justifiable or not - are not extended to blacks who have the misfortune to not live in impoverished areas where there are no jobs. And if they turn to crime, they get the full weight of the legal system thrown at them. I know, cry me a river right? It those second chances, those extra lives that some other people get, that people don't want to talk about, that doesn't come up when these statistics get brought up that they never want to face.
Facts are terrible little inconveniences.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:06 PM

863 posts, read 1,197,366 times
Stand by all you thug haters, Bill O'Reilly and the KKK are riding to the rescue: Bill O

KKK Vows to Help Ferguson Officer Who Shot Michael Brown [Video]

Old 08-16-2014, 12:12 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
If white men (and women) were arrested anywhere near in proportion to their actual degree of criminality, you would see less wildly disproportionate amounts of arrests for criminal wrongdoing.
There is no evidence of this whatsoever. None.

Most arrested African Americans live in heavily African American jurisdictions, where the police, courts, and authority structure is African American. If you personally believe that blacks are only disproportionately arrested because of racism, then logical reason dictates that blacks are racist against blacks, because the jurisdictions with the highest amount of black crime (Detroit, Gary, Flint, New Orleans, etc.) are black police forces, and have been for many decades.

But there will be no Al Sharpton in Detroit or Gary, even though police brutality complaints are like 10x those of other big cities, because the officers are black. Doesn't fit the "racist cop" angle.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
Stand by all you thug haters, Bill O'Reilly and the KKK are riding to the rescue: Bill O

KKK Vows to Help Ferguson Officer Who Shot Michael Brown [Video]
Just great. The KKK on one side and Al Sharpton on the other.

Can we just evacuate the good people of this community, drop a bomb on the racists on both sides, and be done with it?

Old 08-16-2014, 12:56 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,113,361 times
So, he was off to college, but he still thought it was ok to just walk in and bully a South Asian store clerk and walk away with some cigars for free with his seeming useless friend? How is he going to fare in college? Is he going to punch his professor or threaten him or her for failing his research paper? Is he going to pass his courses on the merit of his mind, or his fist?

And the parents still think their son is a sweet boy after the video?

Old 08-16-2014, 01:28 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,383,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
So, he was off to college, but he still thought it was ok to just walk in and bully a South Asian store clerk and walk away with some cigars for free with his seeming useless friend? How is he going to fare in college? Is he going to punch his professor or threaten him or her for failing his research paper? Is he going to pass his courses on the merit of his mind, or his fist?

And the parents still think their son is a sweet boy after the video?
Perhaps he conducted himself in a totally different manner when in the home or around his family members, than he did around his friend/peers. It's not unheard of.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:34 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,842,530 times
The "sweet" upper-middle-class White kids in my home suburb shoplifted a convenience store out of business, using stealth, clerk diversions and their gym/book bags. You know the type - "good" two-parent families, carefully guided into the college of their choice, on to advanced studies, eventually to grab executive titles or an "MD" or "DDS" or "JD" after their names. Boosting snacks was a universal rite of passage. So, in their undergrad days, was running to "f*ck sh*t up" under the slightest pretext (Halloween, homecoming, the Ultimate Frisbee team's 48th consecutive loss, a snowstorm, you name it.) "Flipping cars, setting fires, throwing rocks at the cops, let's do this!" How un-shocking it is that so many governing bodies are corrupt and so many businesses screw over their employees. What a non-surprise to read about falsified medical research, adulterated food, credit and mortgage usury, etc etc ad nauseum.

Can the hypocritical righteousness.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Perhaps he conducted himself in a totally different manner when in the home or around his family members, than he did around his friend/peers. It's not unheard of.
This is true.

But the parents were aware of his criminal record. He had a sealed juvenile record and an adult record. Even totally clueless parents would be aware if their kid kept getting arrested.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
The "sweet" upper-middle-class White kids in my home suburb shoplifted a convenience store out of business, using stealth, clerk diversions and their gym/book bags.
Cool story, I guess, but the deceased has no record for shoplifting. He does have a record of violent felonies, though, and is seen on video doing a robbery, not shoplifting.

Is your argument "I knew white people who have shoplifted therefore black felons should not be judged on their criminal records"? That seems like a pretty silly argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies