Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2014, 09:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Looks like this has turned into a race issue from all the comments I see after articles and on twitter feeds.

Here's one I saw:

Ferguson is the "plantation".
The "darkies" acted up and had to be tamed and put back in their place.

Looks to me like the only way to appease some of these people is to publicly hang the white cop and let them cheer in the streets for "justice served".

Old 08-17-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Police Chief said he didn't know about the robbery when he stopped Brown.

It's not just about MB. It never was. It was about the issue of Police corruption/excessive force/brutality in this country. That's what its been about.

The people have been at odds with the Police in that community and many other communities for a long time now.
And yet none are on the police force.
These people have the right to vote..do they ?

Old 08-17-2014, 09:49 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
If it was open season on white people don't you think they would have started with some of the white protesters and looters?

Old 08-17-2014, 09:50 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:

And no I wouldn't have been scared of an 18 year old teen. Even if he was 6'4"

when does an unarmed encounter become deadly force? Most states and jurisdictions define deadly force as: force that is likely to cause death or great bodily injury.

“When does a fight (without a weapon) become deadly force?” Most of the time, the answer involves the officer losing, being exhausted, or having no other option. Although this would justify the use of deadly force, it may be too late.

By the time we are losing or exhausted it may be too late. We need to understand that when a suspect attacks, we need to be fighting not controlling. Most of what is taught in defensive tactics is control techniques or counter techniques to the suspect’s resistance. A suspect that is trying to hurt us is not resisting, he is attacking.

When do unarmed encounters become deadly force?

Old 08-17-2014, 09:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
And now we have this:

1 critically wounded in shooting; 7 arrested after Ferguson curfew goes into effect : News

The news article calls them protestors. I call them thugs, hood rats and above all, idiots.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I def get what your saying.

I honestly don't want to derail this thread with that discussion but I'd love to have it with anyone. It's a serious issue.

For example, I'm a black male, ex college fullback, wear a beard. I'm the nicest guy in the world, worked to live where I did, and still had people afraid of me in my own neighborhood. I dress either casual or sporty.

My father who drives a nice car gets pulled over because he has a nice car. No way a black man could be driving that car!

It doesn't matter how you act or what precautions you take. People will profile you anyways just like they're lumping all black people together in this thread.

But hey, its only blacks who are responsible for their entire race. Not any other race.
Do you think the rioting, destruction and looting of other people's property is helping?

Old 08-17-2014, 09:52 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Quote:

It's not just about MB. It never was. It was about the issue of Police corruption/excessive force/brutality in this country. That's what its been about.

The people have been at odds with the Police in that community and many other communities for a long time now.
As I understand what happened. The cop knew from his radio a robbery occurred, but did not stop Brown because of that. Cop saw the cigar box, and bingo, he Then connected Brown to the robbery.

I didn't save the St. Louis Dispatch link with that info. There have been so many accounts, not sure what to consider reliable.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
If it was open season on white people don't you think they would have started with some of the white protesters and looters?
I watched some of the Vice news feed.

The crowd during the day was not the same crowd roaming the streets once it got dark.
Was a much younger crowd, no kids, mostly young males walking with their faces covered up.

Some group with "Peacekeepers" on their shirts telling the crowds to go home.
Talked with the Vice team and said they were worried because it was a young crowd with many hyped up on booze and drugs.

Go watch the feeds.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:54 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Do you think the rioting, destruction and looting of other people's property is helping?
Yes. Not the destruction and looting but the protesting.

People all over the world are tuning in. Palestenians are currently Tweeting advice to protesters.

Never seen anything like it.

Is it right? No. Is it effective? Yes.

If you want my personal opinion on what people should do I'd be glad to share it.

I've been shouting about this issue for a few years now and you posters acted like it was a joke.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:

Did Brown know that the cop didn't know? Or was Brown thinking that the shop owner called the police and he was busted with robbery and going to jail?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies