Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 04:26 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
At some point in time we're going to start asking ourselves what is that has created this environment that leads to young blacks breaking laws, lacking in respect for anyone and challenging law enforcement to the extent the do when they might reasonably expect the outcome being negative.
I am not going to start asking.

If the black community condones bad behavior amongst its community, this will always happen. If minorities want an equal footing amongst civilized people, then they need to have change from within. The liberal standard of throwing money at a problem will not fix this. Only the black community can fix it.

If they don't, meh, idiots will continue to wreck their neighborhood and as a result they can live in the gutter.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:27 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post

I do think it's worth saying that police profiling is still a problem. It's certainly not as big as some would like you to believe, but to deny that it does happen is without reason. It does happen, even if it's in a more passive, administrative way.
Why is it a problem?

Are you sure you want granny tasered, cuffed and thrown to the ground, so that you make sure you treat her just like you do the 19 year old punk on steroids who is trying to beat up everyone around him?

Because if you can't "profile" then everyone must be treated as "worst case scenario".

Old 08-16-2014, 04:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Looks to me like it was more than a "handful" looting last night.
This is why the curfew is in place now.

Jay Nixon Declares State Of Emergency, Curfew In Ferguson

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-16-2014 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 08-16-2014, 04:37 PM

17,622 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Looks to me like it was more than a "handful" looting last night.
This is why the curfew is in place now.

Jay Nixon Declares State Of Emergency, Curfew In Ferguson
and if any of those "innocent youths" were shot by the police or business owners then they'd riot even more. Those looting and rioting only make themselves, their community, and Brown look even more guilty. I wouldn't be surprised if local businesses in that area shut their doors forever and move to another location so as to avoid the people in the community.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:41 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
At some point in time we're going to start asking ourselves what is that has created this environment that leads to young blacks breaking laws, lacking in respect for anyone and challenging law enforcement to the extent the do when they might reasonably expect the outcome being negative.
You've never heard that question asked ? Live in a cave, do you ?

Old 08-16-2014, 04:42 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
– Ferguson Police Excuses Destroyed As Anonymous Shares Dispatch Recordings (AUDIO) (police/dispatch audio)

Dispatch was not even aware of the shooting for several minutes after it happened. And when they contacted dispatch, it was not over the shooting, it was because they were worried about the people gathering. In reality, it took almost half an hour for the transmission of the shooting’s scope to be transmitted to the county dispatch. This is called a failure of priorities, and denotes a serious problem within the Ferguson PD.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:48 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
– Ferguson Police Excuses Destroyed As Anonymous Shares Dispatch Recordings (AUDIO) (police/dispatch audio)

Dispatch was not even aware of the shooting for several minutes after it happened. And when they contacted dispatch, it was not over the shooting, it was because they were worried about the people gathering. In reality, it took almost half an hour for the transmission of the shooting’s scope to be transmitted to the county dispatch. This is called a failure of priorities, and denotes a serious problem within the Ferguson PD.

did you see the article on the dailymail of the innocent black guy the white pd pounded? the idiots got him confused with someone else, locked him up, and charged him for bleeding on there clothes.

these are nazis in ferguson, yet you will see plenty of white conservatives defend them, just because they dont like black people.

Ferguson police 'mistakenly arrested an innocent man before viciously beating him and then charging him for bleeding on THEIR uniforms' | Mail Online

Old 08-16-2014, 04:59 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I am not going to start asking.

If the black community condones bad behavior amongst its community, this will always happen. If minorities want an equal footing amongst civilized people, then they need to have change from within. The liberal standard of throwing money at a problem will not fix this. Only the black community can fix it.

If they don't, meh, idiots will continue to wreck their neighborhood and as a result they can live in the gutter.
I believe you misunderstood me.

I'm not talking about this 'after the fact ' looting event; I'm talking about the general malaise within the black community that results in so many of them feeling disenfranchised at a very early age so as to go out and break laws and challenge cops.

I'm also not suggesting the throwing of money at any problem, nor am I burdening the discussion with the typical Liberal Verus Conservative crap.

You likening every negative problem within the U.S. to a "Liberal" causation is infantile to the extreme given the fact you're a democratic republic and every one of your reps got there through a voting of the "people", by the people, for the people.

Does it never occur to you that when you constantly denigrate one segment of your population with the term "Liberal" you are castigating your fellow citizens and, as it happens, they may have also been the majority? What condition would allow for the majority of your fellow citizens to fit some spurious category in your eyes?

Perhaps if you stop throwing stones, your neighbour might meet you half way and then you can both sit down and discuss how to fix what's so obviously broken, eh?

Old 08-16-2014, 05:06 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You've never heard that question asked ? Live in a cave, do you ?
Oh yeah, the question has been asked soooo many times with sincerity so as to convince anyone that there are those looking for a solution rather then just showing up for the debate with a cooler full of Coor's.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:07 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
A lot of these posters just want something to talk about.
Here are two things white posters or other posters love pointing out when discussing black people.
1.) crime stats
2.) al sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

It doesn't matter what the topic is, somehow they will manage to bring these two points across the board.
Then they wonder why they are painted as racist. Simply because most of blacks don't think about Jesse or Al so when they point those names out it's a clear sign that it's a racist ranting.
To me its just a clear sign they don't know what they're talking about. If they believe 2 pundits, not even respected by all of the race are the voice of ALL black people your insane.

If all the caucasion Democrats were tied to the offenses of George W. Bush they would be screaming and kicking. Yet all black people, regardless of belief, is supposed to be tied to the opinions of 2 political talking heads.

I guess that used to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies