Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 09:17 AM

19,854 posts, read 12,122,348 times

Advertisements

I will say it again, it must be lonely and sad to live with so much hate. Emotionally charged words such as "executed" are being used to whip up the people into a frenzy.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:18 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,034,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I haven't seen anyone say that all black people have group think. In fact, I said it is not about color, but people are making it that way. IMO, this is counterproductive and dividing the country.
Yes you did. I should have made that clear when I was quoting you because I was just choosing the quotes that were talking about this idea that all blacks think one way and whites another. You responded much as I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
But many would point out to you, that when the black males you know are walking down the
street, the police make no distinction between them and the MO of Brown (thug) that you
keep describing.
Not true. The black males I know wouldn't walk down the middle of the street blocking traffic for one. And second, they are law abiding, well-groomed, and well-dressed men who appear as what they are - successful men who respect the law and not men who flaunt their disrespect for it.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:20 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
How many times would have been Ok for you ? Maybe 1 time to the head and 2 body shots ?
According to that poster..0. Get back in your car, lock the door and call for backup.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:21 AM

19,854 posts, read 12,122,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Yes you did. I should have made that clear when I was quoting you because I was just choosing the quotes that were talking about this idea that all blacks think one way and whites another. You responded much as I did.

Please go find the quote you think I said ALL blacks think one way and whites another. Good luck with that.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:23 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,757,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Like the people who reported on the man being shot yesterday??

So your saying Brown just all of a sudden attacked the officer?

Why did the officer put his hands on Brown in the first place??

Please answer those questions.
When the officer attempted to exit his car Brown shoved him back in the car, First felony, strong armed robbery ,second, shoving/assaulting a police officer, third, fighting and punching the officer. As far as I'm concerned, the world is better off without Mike Brown and people like him.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:24 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
How many times would have been Ok for you ? Maybe 1 time to the head and 2 body shots ?
In this situation -0- Since I have been educated on this thread about shots to center mass
I am questioning any shots to the head of a male 6' 4" and 300 pounds.

Maybe you are misreading me. I think the officer used excessive lethal force based on all the info
I have to date.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:25 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,034,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Please go find the quote you think I said ALL blacks think one way and whites another. Good luck with that.
Again, I didn't. I was saying that your quote agreed with me. I was using your quote (and my own words) in that instance to argue against those other quotes. Again, I was in error in not making that clear.

13,388 posts, read 6,450,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
If NONE of the witnesses say Brown punched the officer and your only source is an unverified informant from the potential defendent's camp, there's reason to be skeptical.

I'm breaking down the case.
Apples and oranges........whether or not the officer was in shock has nothing to do necessarily with whether or not he was punched/injured. Most cops involved in a shooting are experiencing a physiological response of a body flooded by adrenal and the subsequent crash as well as taking in the fact they have killed someone. If he was injured(and I believe the police chief would not have said he was unless there is some evidence to back that up taken at a hospital), that would possibly add to his shock depending how severe.

As to whether or not he was punched or not, based on the witness statements, I think there is a great likelihood none of the witnesses can say for sure other than the friend standing by the car. Depends how far into the car Brown was. I doubt witnesses saw what went on in the car.

If the officer grabbed his person or shirt which I find a bit odd Brown may very well have punched him to get away and run. The shot fired in the car may well shed more light as to whether it was aimed or discharged in a struggle.

Its really useless to speculate until we know the nature of the officer's injury and whether its something caused by a punch or some other struggle they were engaged.

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times
Quote:
In this situation -0- Since I have been educated on this thread about shots to center mass

Maybe you are misreading me. I think the officer used excessive lethal force based on all the info
I have to date.
Did you take into account that he was possibly punched in the eye ?
If so that would throw off his aim.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:26 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,757,148 times
Quote:

I have to date.
Excessive lethal force? Dead is dead!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies