Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 09:50 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,784,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Didn't you see her earlier responses? She would have ran back to the car, locked herself in, and called for backup. She thinks the cop had loads and loads of time to do so.
Gotta love monday morning quarterbacks without orbital blowout fracture to the eye.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

And, He had one good eye left. When I close my one eye, I can see just as well out
of the other one. I am not aware Wilson wore contacts.
Ok you want an re-enactment? Is there a 6'4" 280 lb volunteer out there that will punch pollyrobin in the eye shattering the eye socket and try to get a gun from her then lets see what pollyrobin does.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,595,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Thanks. Still seems to me you would be better able to control the rowdy protestors if they were all in one place rather than roaming the city especially if they put them in an open air space where theres nothing to loot rather than a commercial district.
The cops barricaded the streets and kept them within xx number of blocks.
All they could do was walk circles between those 2 barricades and they had to stay on the sidewalk.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:55 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,031,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Didn't you see her earlier responses? She would have ran back to the car, locked herself in, and called for backup. She thinks the cop had loads and loads of time to do so.
Is there something peculiar that you find about a police officer calling for backup when they can not
handle or lost control of a situation.

If it is believed to be true, Wilson lost control of the situation when the assailant tried to take
his gun. With all your argument about a charging bull, should not the size of the aggressor
and his demeanor, been enough for this officer to call backup and remain in his vehicle until
they arrived?

Or was his immaturity and attitude enough to think he could play Rambo?

I know you do not want Police officers to be betrayed as sissies, but there are times when
restraint is a sign of maturity, experience and competence. Not to mention, public safety.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:57 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,031,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What would you do..shoot him in the foot and hope he sits down ?
What if after the first shot to the arm he kept coming at you ?
What if after the second shot to the arm he kept coming at you ?
What if......

We're all speculating and we have to keep that in mind.
You can't say "I'm right and your'e wrong" when it comes to speculation.
I'm not a cop. But if i was I would do as I was trained.
If situation required lethal force, I would shoot center mass until the assailant was DOWN.
Then I would stop shooting. Happy now Happy Texan

Old 08-20-2014, 09:57 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,146,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I will say it again, it must be lonely and sad to live with so much hate. Emotionally charged words such as "executed" are being used to whip up the people into a frenzy.
That's what witnesses are saying and your more credible than all of them how?

Old 08-20-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Is there something peculiar that you find about a police calling for backup when they can not

If it is believed to be true, Wilson lost control of the situation when the assailant tried to take
his gun. With all your argument about a charging bull, should not the size of the aggressor
and his demeanor, been enough for this officer to call backup and remain in his vehicle until
they arrived?

I know you do not want Police officers to be betrayed as sissies, but there are times when
restraint is a sign of maturity, experience and competence. Not to mention, public safety.
Since we are playing monday morning quarterback ...

Wouldn't it have been better if Brown wouldn't have robbed the shop and when the police told him to get to the sidewalk (like other people do) he would be alive today. That makes Brown wrong but of course he is black so you won't even consider it.

The problem here is lack of respect for other people's property and lack of respect for the law.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,595,619 times
Quote:
Is there something peculiar that you find about a police officer calling for backup when they can not

they arrived?

You talk as if you personally knew this officer.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:59 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,146,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
When the officer attempted to exit his car Brown shoved him back in the car, First felony, strong armed robbery ,second, shoving/assaulting a police officer, third, fighting and punching the officer. As far as I'm concerned, the world is better off without Mike Brown and people like him.
And you know all of this how??

That's your opinion.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:59 AM

46,323 posts, read 27,181,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
That's what witnesses are saying and your more credible than all of them how?

They also said he was shot in the back....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies