Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 09:43 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,764,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Yes I do That is why if the officer was going to use LETHAL FORCE (no excessive in there)
why to the head, and not the chest? Seems to me, as big and tall as this guy was, it would not be
hard to miss Center Mass.

And being the layman I am, I use the word excessive lethal force as to ask
why a cop shoots to kill someone multiple times, if you know what I mean.
It is possible the head shot was made while he was going down, it was probably the last shot. It hit the top of the head, so he would of had to have his head down facing the officer. Or maybe Brown put his head down to charge the officer.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:44 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,810,200 times
Quote:
Yes I do That is why if the officer was going to use LETHAL FORCE (no excessive in there)
why to the head, and not the chest? Seems to me, as big and tall as this guy was, it would not be

Brown blasted the Officer Darren Wilson and he suffered an “orbital blowout fracture to the eye.

Lets see how well you can see and how balanced you are when you know a 6'4" guy is coming at you.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:45 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,528,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
If you can show me something I ran with as fact, rather than reasoning through the evidence and accounts, I'll gladly admit where I was wrong.
Though for the most part, you're not wrong, by relying exclusively on the media witnesses, you're showing a naivete, a bias, an itchy trigger finger to go the execution route.

Until Ferguson and the FBI release interview transcripts ['transparency'], there is nothing but 'sources' to counter what the media witnesses say.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,659,987 times
Quote:

What would you do..shoot him in the foot and hope he sits down ?
What if after the first shot to the arm he kept coming at you ?
What if after the second shot to the arm he kept coming at you ?
What if......

We're all speculating and we have to keep that in mind.
You can't say "I'm right and your'e wrong" when it comes to speculation.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:47 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,470,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because the looting and shooting happened when they were allowed to congregate and grow.
Mob mentality set in.
Thanks. Still seems to me you would be better able to control the rowdy protestors if they were all in one place rather than roaming the city especially if they put them in an open air space where theres nothing to loot rather than a commercial district.

41,109 posts, read 25,810,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Though for the most part, you're not wrong, by relying exclusively on the media witnesses, you're showing a naivete, a bias, an itchy trigger finger to go the execution route.

Until Ferguson and the FBI release interview transcripts ['transparency'], there is nothing but 'sources' to counter what the media witnesses say.
transparency? You mean the family and the liberal media was telling us how Brown was such a nice young boy and got mad when the video came out to show how they were so ready "to jump the gun" and calling for his execution.

86,052 posts, read 84,659,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

Nothing will be released until after the Grand Jury makes their decision.
And that is the way it should be.
It's still an active investigation.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:48 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,055,093 times
Quote:
What would you do..shoot him in the foot and hope he sits down ?
What if after the first shot to the arm he kept coming at you ?
What if after the second shot to the arm he kept coming at you ?
What if......

We're all speculating and we have to keep that in mind.
You can't say "I'm right and your'e wrong" when it comes to speculation.
Didn't you see her earlier responses? She would have ran back to the car, locked herself in, and called for backup. She thinks the cop had loads and loads of time to do so.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:49 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,037,842 times
Quote:
Because there's also been reports that he was punched in the eye and it could have thrown off his aim.
You keep ignoring that point.
If Wilson was punched in the eye it would have had to have been at close contact.
Brown was lying in the street 35 feet away once shot.

So if the officer was hurt and could not see as you are implying, maybe he should
have not shot at all as would not there have been a concern for possibly hitting bystanders?
Remember, it was during the day on a busy street.

And, Wilson had one good eye left. When I close my one eye, I can see just as well out
of the other one. I am not aware Wilson wore contacts.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:50 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,055,093 times
Quote:
If Wilson was punched in the eye it would have had to have been at close contact.
Brown was lying in the street 35 feet away once shot.

So if the officer was hurt and could not see as you are implying, maybe he should
have not shot at all as would not there have been a concern for possibly hitting bystanders?
Remember, it was during the day on a busy street.

And, He had one good eye left. When I close my one eye, I can see just as well out
of the other one. I am not aware Wilson wore contacts.
You've never shot a gun, have you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies