Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 08:20 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times

Advertisements

About the pictures of blacks/whites killed/apprehended: Were they resisting arrest? Were they threatening the officer? It's dumb to just post their picture and whether they were arrested or killed. MB would have been arrested, not shot, if he had cooperated with the officer instead of going for his gun and charging him.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:20 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
Definitely not betting against you on that. Protesters would not be swayed by facts. How many of the outsiders there now really care about facts or the actual kid who was killed??
I don't even think his friend Dorian Johnson gives a crap that he was killed.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:23 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
About the pictures of blacks/whites killed/apprehended: Were they resisting arrest? Were they threatening the officer? It's dumb to just post their picture and whether they were arrested or killed. MB would have been arrested, not shot, if he had cooperated with the officer instead of going for his gun and charging him.
Well, I don't think Dorian wanted to get involved with the officer knowing there was a warrant out for his arrest from a prior incident.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:26 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Well, I don't think Dorian wanted to get involved with the officer knowing there was a warrant out for his arrest from a prior incident.
My post wasn't in reference to Dorian Johnson. It was in reference to a post where someone posted pictures of black and white people who had been either arrested or killed, implying the police always kill black suspects and arrest white ones.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:35 AM

671 posts, read 690,672 times
Default witness testimony often unreliable

Quote:

Again, these "low information" people cannot seem to fathom complete data, nor include a balanced view...it's all "LOL" and snippets of inciting, incomplete posts.

Here's an interesting link about the "memory of a witness", posted by a lawyer and counselor.

Again, medically and physiologically speaking, this is a process that goes on in the body and mind...especially when one experiences or witnesses a trauma. It can play tricks on the mind and body. (Again, this was, in part, what I was trying to explain about the Officer's state of mind and his body's reaction to trauma...).

So, so-called "eyewitness testimony" alone is VERY unreliable!!!

eyewitness testimony | Michael Brown| autopsy

I won't respond to comments by people who don't read the link.

Dandiday

Old 08-21-2014, 08:56 AM

251 posts, read 274,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
There have been multiple posts with data about Black cop/murdering white suspects in this and the other thread about the Ferguson warzone.

It's 2-sided, but of course, the inciters and crazies just post snippets to further their misinformed, knee-jerk reactions.

Pathetic.

Dandiday
Pot meet kettle

Old 08-21-2014, 09:00 AM

671 posts, read 690,672 times
Default another low information poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashiara4life View Post
Pot meet kettle

Your point is??? Obviously, you haven't read my or other's posts with LINKS and DATA on BOTH SIDES.

Educate yourself.

Dandiday

Old 08-21-2014, 09:48 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashiara4life View Post
^^^ LOL^^^

Anyone want to explain this one?
I get your point, however statistically speaking the biggest threat to a young black male today is another young black male.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:53 AM

13,742 posts, read 8,004,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkydapimp View Post
...I think Obama has been fairly open with regards to discussing race. But obviously he needs to tread carefully.

Years back Jesse Jackson said something along the lines of when he's walking down a street at night in Chicago and turns to see it's a White man coming up from behind him he feels relieved

You've got an AA subculture which is all but out of control in many major urban cities. I grew up in San Francisco and I doubt there is any other city in the US which has done more for education/programs to improve opportunities within the local AA community and after 40 years it's still pretty much a mess.

Above are the issues a frank discussion on race Obama could have brought to the table at some point during his administration.

Unfortunately, he never did.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:02 AM

13,742 posts, read 8,004,726 times
Quote:
White racist media? You're joking, right? The media bends over backwards to portray people like MB as poor innocent black kids mistreated by the police. They show one side of the story. I think that is why so many people who feel the officer has been ignored are happy to see there is a place that he is being supported.
It certainly does seem like Yahoo, CNN and MSNBC are doing all they can to portray MB in a sympathetic/positive light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies