Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 05:27 PM

311 posts, read 56,858 times

Advertisements

I thought police have tasers. Why cant the police officer just use a taser on him to immobilize the teenager? The kids is unarmed, i dont understand why he had to use his gun on him, and shot him, not once, but several times.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:45 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,865,219 times
It looks like the officer had been punched in the face so hard that it broke the bones around his eye socket, After an assault like that I would have emptied the mag and reloaded if a 6 foot 300 lbs thug was coming to finish the job he had started. Those people in Ferguson should be happy that a POS thieving thug is dead, so he won't be around to cave in there skull for the $4 in there pocket next week or month or year. Instead they will get what they want anarchy, good luck getting the cops to show up when your grandma is beaten to a pulp for her SocSec money.

bill

Old 08-19-2014, 05:52 PM

He was punched in the face because he was choking the kid. I would do the same if i was pulled into a car and was being choked. He punched him so he can pull out of the police car.... and as he was running away, unarmed, they shot at him.. why?

Old 08-19-2014, 06:14 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,285,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1smalldot View Post
He was punched in the face because he was choking the kid. I would do the same if i was pulled into a car and was being choked. He punched him so he can pull out of the police car.... and as he was running away, unarmed, they shot at him.. why?
The officer pulled a 292 lb "kid" into his car window and choked him? Yeah, I don't think so.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:18 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,865,219 times
Quote:
You had better head to the bathroom, all that liberal cool aid you've been drinking is about to come out.

bill

Old 08-19-2014, 06:44 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,664,671 times
Too early to tell...usually anything involving Rev.Al (Tawanna Brawley) and Michael Baedan (OJ) are suspicious because they are two fame whores...but I will put those two aside and reserve judgement...

Old 08-19-2014, 06:45 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,763,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
That's the problem...everybody is an expert because they saw a lot of movies.
Yea this is true, in another thread someone suggested that the officer could have winged him in the leg...you know like how they do it on TV

Old 08-19-2014, 06:50 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,995,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I have no problem with an officer doing his job and I have no problem with an officer using force to do his job however, I wonder if it was really necessary to shoot the guy 6 times.
That is what is very concerning regarding this incident.
Agree....he went beyond the "double tap" but also heard reports that the young man kept charging towards him. Messy situation.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
You had better head to the bathroom, all that liberal cool aid you've been drinking is about to come out.

bill

Why did you quickly assume i drink kool-aid?

Anyways, I'm only asking those questions from what i saw and read on the news. I am like all the others that doesnt really know what happened that day but would like to know that is why I asked those questions. But then again, my fault for asking it in a forum where most of the users didnt know too.
Ill just watch the news and see what comes out of all this mess.

Very glad I dont live in the U.S. I am also glad I am not black, nore am I white.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:02 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,089,698 times
Quote:
I thought police have tasers. Why cant the police officer just use a taser on him to immobilize the teenager? The kids is unarmed, i dont understand why he had to use his gun on him, and shot him, not once, but several times.
Look up how a taser is used.

If it's the firing kind, you have one shot, reloading a taser takes time so there's not backup. So if the cop misses or the offender pulls out the prods, what happens then?

If it's the contact kind, would you want to close in with an aggressive person with an incredible size/strength advantage over you?

The bottom line is that you fight to your strengths.

I've seen war and we fight to our advantages such as using night vision, surveillance, technology, etc. Are the good guys supposed to give up their advantages to fight "fair"?

One of my Drill Sergeants once told us: don't be a target and you won't get shot at.

He meant that literally and as a life lesson: if you expose yourself to trouble, it just might find you and you probably won't like it.

If this "kid" wasn't walking in the street, there wouldn't have been any contact with the police.

The biggest thug in this whole fiasco is the media, instead of reporting facts (the little facts released), they're reporting an agenda with headlines such as "black unarmed teen killed by white cop." It sounds like the media has already crucified the cop while using 3+ year old pictures when the "kid" really was a kid and not someone who towers over the average American male.

I'm a big believer that it's the media that has turned this into a race issue.

Instead of reporting facts and letting viewers/readers come to our own conclusions, they're trying to cram their conclusion down our throats. And having members of the "press" trespassing and filming them being arrested as the cops trying to silence the press isn't just awful "reporting", it's just being a richard head about all of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies