Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 02:59 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,291,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yeah, those are all the things that make a parade a parade. Watching floats with a bunch of cross-dressers and gay men in g-strings performing sex acts and promoting their deviant lifestyle is not. Keep it in the bedroom.
They should be banned from the parade so you aren't sad.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:04 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,276,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
I'm surprised it took this long actually. You'd think with all that great progressive liberalism in NY that this would have been done years ago.

All parades are lame. Does this mean I cannot call someone "Gay as a parade" anymore?
I do agree, parades are lame and pretty much of a waste of time. I rarely go to parades unless I have to.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:08 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,059,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Yeah, but if St. Pattys day is supposed to be about being Irish, then why the need to go out of your way to let everybody know you're gay?
Exactly.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:12 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,597,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Exactly! If you're a proud Irish what does it matter who you prefer to sleep with at night? That's your business. No need to announce it to a bunch of people who really dont care! Its about Irish pride and heritage. Not about what your sexual preference is.
If you really don't care then....you really don't care. So why all the whining about it?

Old 09-03-2014, 03:12 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,542,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I do agree, parades are lame and pretty much of a waste of time. I rarely go to parades unless I have to.
Parades and Zoo's, just a couple of things I don't "get". I do enjoy certain museums though, but I would not say I'm a connoisseur of the arts. Watching drunk Irishmen and gay people walk down the street is not my idea of a good time. But I hope they all have fun. Still weird that this upsets people. Especially people who do not or would not go to the NYC St Patricks Day parade.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:15 PM

32,036 posts, read 27,240,141 times
Quote:
I'm surprised it took this long actually. You'd think with all that great progressive liberalism in NY that this would have been done years ago.

All parades are lame. Does this mean I cannot call someone "Gay as a parade" anymore?
Progressive liberalism you speak of is of a recent vintage and mostly confined to areas of Manhattan and the western areas of Brooklyn such as Park Slope. For wide swaths of Staten Island, Queens, and the Bronx you'll hear a different, much different story.

Ban on gay marchers in city's St. Patrick's Day Parade lifted | SILive.com

Old 09-03-2014, 03:16 PM

87 posts, read 90,741 times
Quote:

Of course not, there is nothing gayer than a parade. Which is why its ironic that gays are not allowed to participate

Old 09-03-2014, 03:17 PM

87 posts, read 90,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Progressive liberalism you speak of is of a recent vintage and mostly confined to areas of Manhattan and the western areas of Brooklyn such as Park Slope. For wide swaths of Staten Island, Queens, and the Bronx you'll hear a different, much different story.

Ban on gay marchers in city's St. Patrick's Day Parade lifted | SILive.com
What are you talking about? All of NYC, except for parts of the Bronx and SI, is pretty liberal. I would not call any of Queens or Brooklyn conservative at all.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:25 PM

32,036 posts, read 27,240,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padajo View Post
What are you talking about? All of NYC, except for parts of the Bronx and SI, is pretty liberal. I would not call any of Queens or Brooklyn conservative at all.
You are joking aren't you? Off the bat the Hasidic areas of Williamsburg and Crown Heights for a start are hardly social liberal bastions. Nor are or historically was much of South Brooklyn (Gravesend, Bensonhurst, Bayridge, etc...). Astoria and Jackson Heights have changed as many former Manhattan residents have moved there after being priced out. Then there is the large and growing LGBT community.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:30 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,695,117 times
Quote:
Parades and Zoo's, just a couple of things I don't "get". I do enjoy certain museums though, but I would not say I'm a connoisseur of the arts. Watching drunk Irishmen and gay people walk down the street is not my idea of a good time. But I hope they all have fun. Still weird that this upsets people. Especially people who do not or would not go to the NYC St Patricks Day parade.
Their are three reasons to attend a parade:
1. A show of support if it is for a person being honored who you feel deserves it.
2. A place to take the kids when they still don't realize it's boring (until point 3).
3. Lot's of good bars along the parade route with people having fun and partying.

The only reason to visit the zoo is to slip the maintenance guy $50 to allow you to kidney punch a lama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies