Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 12:04 PM

17,412 posts, read 12,040,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
How's this:

Simply calculate the government-imposed redistribution from renters to owners, and compensate renters justly.
just like people that confuse income and capital gains with regard to taxes, you are confusing homeowners and business owners.

I own my home, and have NEVER had something given to me by the government, let alone something that has been taken from a renter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 12:08 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,432,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
1100 posts later, and one thing is abundantly clear - there's two kinds of people in the world.
  1. People who need/make excuses
  2. People who work/succeed.
It really is that simple. Nothing I say, no facts present, none of it will penetrate the brick wall of "it's not my fault, you owe me" thinking. And not one thing these excuse making, blame-gamers posts will ever convince me that someone being paid minimum wage (or less) even is being paid less than they are worth and agreed to be paid. Nor will anyone ever convince me that regardless of input labor/effort/value, everyone is owed some minimum standard of living.
Looking at this thread in its entirety, everyone falls into one of the two groups.
Maybe not in your little world, but in a country that fancies itself the greatest in the world, every working individual is owed a minimum standard of living. People who work deserve to eat. People who work deserve some sort of dignity. What they do for a living is irrelevant, so long as it is legal.

There are two types of people in this world:

1. Those who want to make the world a better place for future generations
2. Those who are more concerned with protecting the status quo

Which side are you on?

Old 09-15-2014, 12:10 PM

32,913 posts, read 19,607,701 times
Quote:
How's this:

Simply calculate the government-imposed redistribution from renters to owners, and compensate renters justly.
how's this

my tiny HOUSE (1400sf 3 bedroom) of a tiny property of 60x100...has a property tax of 11,450....

that's 1000 a month

if I rent it to you at 800 a month its a LOSS...end up in back taxes...government repossess it for lack of paying taxes

if I rent it to you for 1000 a month, it just covers the taxes...NO UPKEEP

if I rent it to you for 1400 a month, I can pay the taxes..and fix/repair any issues within reason

meanwhile not much profit at all

RENTERS are the ones stealing., in rent controlled housing due to the taxes being more than the rent

so is you issue with the liberal government and their outrageous taxes>>>>.... or is it just your ignorance of life

Old 09-15-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Maybe not in your little world, but in a country that fancies itself the greatest in the world, every working individual is owed a minimum standard of living. People who work deserve to eat. People who work deserve some sort of dignity. What they do for a living is irrelevant, so long as it is legal.

Which side are you on?
people who WANT to work, should show IMPROVEMENT and not STAGNATION

you think you deserve to eat well....then EDUCATE your self, EARN/LEARN a skill. and self improve

don't EXPECT someone else to take care of you...you are STILL an individual..(the liberals haven't stolen that from you yet)

take the ball...run with it... score a touchdown...or fumble....YOUR CHOICE

Old 09-15-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
people who WANT to work, should show IMPROVEMENT and not STAGNATION

you think you deserve to eat well....then EDUCATE your self, EARN/LEARN a skill. and self improve

don't EXPECT someone else to take care of you...you are STILL an individual..(the liberals haven't stolen that from you yet)

take the ball...run with it... score a touchdown...or fumble....YOUR CHOICE
So, you think someone working 40 hours a week doesn't deserve to eat?

Old 09-15-2014, 12:22 PM

38,926 posts, read 24,045,934 times
Quote:
I don't have Obamaphone, i have a prepaid phone that costs about $10-$15 a month.
I know that, but it is 10-15 that you don't have. 10-15 can be a make or break if that is the 10 that puts them in the good.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
So, you think someone working 40 hours a week doesn't deserve to eat?
I think if you want to eat at Red Lobster, then you should get a job that shows off your given/learned skill

when I was making low wage, ramian and cheese was fine

oh is hamburgerhelper BENEATH YOU???

my dad had a saying...don't try to have champagne on a beer budget

Old 09-15-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I think if you want to eat at Red Lobster, then you should get a job that shows off your given/learned skill

when I was making low wage, ramian and cheese was fine

oh is hamburgerhelper BENEATH YOU???

my dad had a saying...don't try to have champagne on a beer budget
Are you ever going to answer my questions or just deflect with strawman arguments?

Do you think a full-time worker should be paid enough to feed their children? Yes or no?

Old 09-15-2014, 12:29 PM

26,692 posts, read 14,643,283 times
Quote:

Which side are you on?
Whose money do they plan to use to make the world a better place for future generations? Yours or "the society's?"

Old 09-15-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Are you ever going to answer my questions or just deflect with strawman arguments?

Do you think a full-time worker should be paid enough to feed their children? Yes or no?

I did answer...you refuse to admit it...you don like the answer , so you deflect

you stand there , waving your hands like somme child who wants attention... and people are giving you answers...but the answers aren't good enough for your fascist agenda

YOU CAN FEED YOUR KIDS AND YOU ON MIN WAGE...

did they teach you budgeting and balancing a check book in 5th grade...since I don't think you made it past 6th grade
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies