Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 09:06 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I watched the interview on FOX News with Brett Baier, same question where have they been for the last few years and why wait until after a book is published?

Sure sounds like the exclusive interview on 60 minutes last year with the person that was "at the compound" then it turned out he was not there at all. FOX ran with that also, 2 years and this is just coming to light, makes no sense.
Your bolded makes no sense.

"The Mỹ Lai Massacre (Vietnamese: thảm sát Mỹ Lai [tʰɐ̃ːm ʂɐ̌ːt mǐˀ lɐːj], [mǐˀlɐːj] ( listen); /ˌmiːˈlaɪ/, /ˌmiːˈleɪ/, or /ˌmaɪˈlaɪ/)[1] was the Vietnam War mass killing of between 347 and 504 unarmed civilians in South Vietnam on March 16, 1968

The incident prompted global outrage when it became public knowledge in November 1969. The My Lai massacre increased to some extent[11] domestic opposition to the U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War when the scope of killing and cover-up attempts were exposed. "

My Lai Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seymour (Sy) Myron Hersh is a regular contributor to The New Yorker magazine on military and security matters. He has also won two National Magazine Awards and is a "five-time Polk winner and recipient of the 2004 George Orwell Award."

He first gained worldwide recognition in 1969 for exposing the My Lai Massacre and its cover-up during the Vietnam War.

Seymore also waited almost two years to expose My Lai Massacre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 04:58 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Your bolded makes no sense.

"The Mỹ Lai Massacre (Vietnamese: thảm sát Mỹ Lai [tʰɐ̃ːm ʂɐ̌ːt mǐˀ lɐːj], [mǐˀlɐːj] ( listen); /ˌmiːˈlaɪ/, /ˌmiːˈleɪ/, or /ˌmaɪˈlaɪ/)[1] was the Vietnam War mass killing of between 347 and 504 unarmed civilians in South Vietnam on March 16, 1968

The incident prompted global outrage when it became public knowledge in November 1969. The My Lai massacre increased to some extent[11] domestic opposition to the U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War when the scope of killing and cover-up attempts were exposed. "

My Lai Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seymour (Sy) Myron Hersh is a regular contributor to The New Yorker magazine on military and security matters. He has also won two National Magazine Awards and is a "five-time Polk winner and recipient of the 2004 George Orwell Award."

He first gained worldwide recognition in 1969 for exposing the My Lai Massacre and its cover-up during the Vietnam War.

Benghazi story on 60 minutes link:

The disaster of the ’60 Minutes’ Benghazi story - The Washington Post

We did not have 2 years of congressional hearings on My Lai

Old 09-06-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
2 years and this is just coming to light, makes no sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Quote:

We did not have 2 years of congressional hearings on My Lai
Again, seymore also waited almost two years to expose My Lai Massacre. Does it really matter when and how did it come to light?

Old 09-06-2014, 12:08 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Angry New Book Claims CIA Guards Were Told to Stand Down During Benghazi Attack!

New Book Claims CIA Guards Were Told to Stand Down During Benghazi Attack

Old 09-06-2014, 12:14 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
The claim comes from the author who wasn't there, that has no named source, that came from an unknown person that even acknowledges that the supervisor did so themselves without orders from above.

Just to note as well: These are people who supposed fought, and some died, in the conflict that no news agency, investigation (of any stripe), and other investigator has been able to find save this one author.

$10 says conservatives will run with this as "absolute proof" Obama was to blame. My god some people will believe anything as long as it says what they want to hear. It's people looking for evidence to justify what they already believe to be true.

Last edited by EmeraldCityWanderer; 09-06-2014 at 12:27 PM..

Old 09-06-2014, 12:31 PM

According to this book

" five members of a private security team say an unidentified CIA station chief ordered them not to intervene (against their protests) as the consulate was under attack by militants. The commandos say they eventually disobeyed the order, but not soon enough to save Stephens and another American who were both killed."

amazing

Old 09-06-2014, 01:24 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
A book claims it with no sources to back up their claims!!! OMG it must be true then.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:44 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
The administration lost face for incompetence in failing top provide better security for the embassy considering what everyone knew what was going on in Benghazi at the time since other countries and organizations pulled out because it was unsafe. The administration lost its credibility when it lied about who committed the attack (just some guys mad about a video) when that story was a complete surprise to everyone involved who knew what was going on. Then it further lost its credibility when it doubled down on the lie probably figuring if you say the same thing over and over people will eventually believe the lie. Then, when reporters were able to talk to the killers who committed the act, the administration claimed they were still trying to track them down. You know, reporters can interview them but we can't find them to bring them to justice. Then, they wouldn't let some people talk to the investigating Congressional Committee. Why not, if the administration is telling the truth?

I saw three of the guys interviewed about their book. They said they think they could have gotten there in time if they didn't wait to disobey the order not to go.

Old 09-07-2014, 03:43 AM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
We basically have incompetent bafoons that have been put in positions of power. At the very least the lies and cover up were after the fact. How Susan Rice, the poster girl for claiming on public television that the attack was in response to a You tube video, still has a job in this administration is beyond me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxf77xQ_NLU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fielcGbaBY4

Last edited by LS Jaun; 09-07-2014 at 03:54 AM..

Old 09-07-2014, 04:50 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The administration lost face for incompetence in failing top provide better security for the embassy considering what everyone knew what was going on in Benghazi at the time since other countries and organizations pulled out because it was unsafe. The administration lost its credibility when it lied about who committed the attack (just some guys mad about a video) when that story was a complete surprise to everyone involved who knew what was going on. Then it further lost its credibility when it doubled down on the lie probably figuring if you say the same thing over and over people will eventually believe the lie. Then, when reporters were able to talk to the killers who committed the act, the administration claimed they were still trying to track them down. You know, reporters can interview them but we can't find them to bring them to justice. Then, they wouldn't let some people talk to the investigating Congressional Committee. Why not, if the administration is telling the truth?

I saw three of the guys interviewed about their book. They said they think they could have gotten there in time if they didn't wait to disobey the order not to go.
AMEN!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies