Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 02:03 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

Pennsylvania Police ID Eric Matthew Frein as Suspect in Barracks Ambush - NBC News

Looks like they got a prime suspect.

My profile was off base. This guy is a different type of train wreck with a lower IQ.

Lots of info. being released to aid in his apprehension, whatever that will turn out to be.

Last edited by phma; 09-16-2014 at 02:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 06:29 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
My initial thoughts were that he was some local hunter that had a run in the police and was probably living on the edge. Broken marriage or family that fell apart, maybe financial hardships. Maybe he got pulled over by the police and got a fine for speeding or DUI or lack of insurance or inspection. If he had a temper, that might lit the fuse. I was partly right but also partly wrong. The .308 pointed to military training but I haven't heard he served.
He seems to be an authoritarian type. Maybe somebody who wanted to be in the military or police but wasn't able to meet the criteria. He likes wearing a uniform if he does re enactments and his father was military. They rejected him so he hated them.
Now they need to go over the area where his car was found with a fine tooth comb. He may have killed himself and is laying there in brush or under leaves. The Atlanta Olympics bomber dug his own grave and killed himself, right? Also hopefully his computers won't turn up missing because he may have had contact with others. They could have helped him or may be hiding him.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:14 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
I would say the police identified their suspect rather quickly. Two and a half days before they announce who they looking for. From a tip by someone walking a dog who noticed a vehicle half submerged in a retention pond within two miles of the scene.
I would have thought they might have spotted it by the helicopter involved in the search. Maybe weather was a factor.
They say he is a survivalist so we will see how long he can survive now. He's been pretty much a failure at everything else. I hope it doesn't turn into a hostage situation.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:03 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I would have thought they might have spotted it by the helicopter involved in the search. Maybe weather was a factor.
The woods in PA generally have a very dense hardwood canopy and if it were in the right spot could easily be hidden from view.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The woods in PA generally have a very dense hardwood canopy and if it were in the right spot could easily be hidden from view.
Right as hunting season is gearing up.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:20 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,409 times
Innocent Americans are gunned down by SAVAGES with badges every day in this country. To a lot of people that's sickening! Respect is earned. The sooner LEO learn that the sooner they won't have to whine because somebody blistered their whiney ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
What's WRONG with some of you?! An innocent man gunned down by a SAVAGE is a tragedy. I hope they catch the SOB who did this, but I am discouraged since it's been 48 hours and I've heard nothing about leads. The disrespect for LEOs is sickening. By and large, they are good people who do a dangerous, thankless job. Situations like this one are proof that you can never let your guard down if you're a cop. And you wonder why some of them seem hostile or uptight?! Really? Try imagining yourself in their shoes.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:02 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Innocent Americans are gunned down by SAVAGES with badges every day in this country. To a lot of people that's sickening! Respect is earned. The sooner LEO learn that the sooner they won't have to whine because somebody blistered their whiney ass!
I've had a lot of interactions with the Pennsylvania State Police both personal and business, they have always been courteous and very professional. I can tell you a lot of positive stories, for example we were having this huge party at a friends place in the woods. Huge fireworks display and apparently they got a complaint, they pulled into the field and asked if the fireworks were over and left.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:18 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Innocent people sure as hell aren't killed by police everyday. People who physically threaten the police or others may be put down like the animals they are in self-defense or defense of innocent lives. But that's not really the fault of the police. I guess if the police are in physical danger, they should just treat the offenders with kid gloves? Wouldn't want to disrespect violent criminals...

Then you have this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There is tyranny when the people are afraid of the government
There is liberty when the government fears the people.

Thus the 2nd amendment and the right and the duty to eliminate all soldiers of tyranny, at all levels.

Why don't you tell that to the family of the fallen officer. BTW, he was a father of two.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:44 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,933,605 times
Last weekend was my buddies bachelor party and we got a cabin off Lake Wallenpaupack just miles down the road from this police station. I drove past the police station an hour before this shooting occured.... just incredible and sad.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:48 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quite sad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies