Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 11:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No, there is not, but of couse, they have been here since before 911 and after and are still coming in, not to mention recruiting Americans...
I heard on the radio this morning, they were warning that another attack in NY or NJ was suspected. There are also commercials telling people to be aware, as most people are not, to be aware of your surroundings, be aware of any item you might see left unaccounted for, to call authorities right away...and of course for awhile a few weeks back the government had posted an alert stating that if another attack happens we can blame SNOWDEN? HAH, why not blame the government for continually keeping our borders open since the 911 attack, which also involves George W. , so you think it's just Obama, you've got another think coming....

do you honestly believe another attack isn't going to happen, it's like hey, Open the borders, come on in, bring in your criminals, your diseases, your terrorists. My girlfriends son was on Homeland Security after 911 and walked out so thoroughly disgusted....you people have no idea.

I ain't scared. I have family in both NYC and DC. They aren't scared, either.

Other folks want to get their knickers in a knot? Hey, it's a free country.

All who wish to panic can do so at their convenience.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:40 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Ever think it wasn't addressed to you? I was quite sure he could speak for himself and guess what? He did.

Having live/been stationed there twice, I'm aware that not all Texans sound like that. As for the typo, oh well.
Ever think you are not a moderator here and others can reply to any post they wish

Oh by the way, if you had not figured it out on your own, I am also a Texan.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:53 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
Quote:
No, there is not, but of couse, they have been here since before 911 and after and are still coming in, not to mention recruiting Americans...
I heard on the radio this morning, they were warning that another attack in NY or NJ was suspected. There are also commercials telling people to be aware, as most people are not, to be aware of your surroundings, be aware of any item you might see left unaccounted for, to call authorities right away...and of course for awhile a few weeks back the government had posted an alert stating that if another attack happens we can blame SNOWDEN? HAH, why not blame the government for continually keeping our borders open since the 911 attack, which also involves George W. , so you think it's just Obama, you've got another think coming....

do you honestly believe another attack isn't going to happen, it's like hey, Open the borders, come on in, bring in your criminals, your diseases, your terrorists. My girlfriends son was on Homeland Security after 911 and walked out so thoroughly disgusted....you people have no idea.
LoL, wow...talk about hysterics, hyperbole and fear mongering. This could be used as a perfect example of when the fear centers of the brain overwhelm rational thinking. That if you don't support X then..."it's like hey, Open the borders, come on in, bring in your criminals, your diseases, your terrorists."

Take a chill pill for a second.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
LoL, wow...talk about hysterics, hyperbole and fear mongering. This could be used as a perfect example of when the fear centers of the brain overwhelm rational thinking. That if you don't support X then..."it's like hey, Open the borders, come on in, bring in your criminals, your diseases, your terrorists."

Some folks enjoy a good panic attack. Keeps the circulation goin'.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:19 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post

Actually, it is not fear at all, nor is it fear mongering, anyone who has any common sense, knows this to be true, and of course, our friend who actually sat on Homeland Security. If the terrorists were not here before 911, how did they in fact learn how to fly those planes? There was an entire bio on about them, where they were from and how they got here....

you take a chill pill, and start to realize, facts...

whataya think, they haven't been coming in thru the borders?

Drink some more cool aide.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:24 PM

We were just talking about this, right now on radio and TV, they are reporting to be aware of your surroundings....if you see anything suspicious, call your authorities right away!
This morning on the radio, they said, attacks are expected in NY and NJ, plus other parts of the world...where have you guys been....and there was an article out just two weeks ago, set up by the government, If another terrorist attack happens, blame it on Snowden, which is so completely arsinine, but I'm sure some folks will believe it.

Another attack is bound to happen, we've all known that for years, we never learned from 911. I thought and hoped after 911 they would definately secure the borders after so many lives were lost, but they haven't. And these terrorists are told, to shave their beards, smile a lot, and blend in with our communities....how do you think the Boston Terrorists got away with it.

If you don't believe any of this, you need to wake up sleeping beauties.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Actually, it is not fear at all, nor is it fear mongering, anyone who has any common sense, knows this to be true, and of course, our friend who actually sat on Homeland Security. If the terrorists were not here before 911, how did they in fact learn how to fly those planes? There was an entire bio on about them, where they were from and how they got here....

you take a chill pill, and start to realize, facts...

whataya think, they haven't been coming in thru the borders?

Drink some more cool aide.
Ok, maybe this will help, the 9-11 terrorists did not come across the Mexican border they had visas and came in legally. If a terrorist wanted to enter this Nation they will, we have far too much shore line and borders to be able to stop that from happening if they are determined. Now that should make you feel much more secure, oh wait

Old 09-16-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
We were just talking about this, right now on radio and TV, they are reporting to be aware of your surroundings....if you see anything suspicious, call your authorities right away!
This morning on the radio, they said, attacks are expected in NY and NJ, plus other parts of the world...where have you guys been....and there was an article out just two weeks ago, set up by the government, If another terrorist attack happens, blame it on Snowden, which is so completely arsinine, but I'm sure some folks will believe it.

Another attack is bound to happen, we've all known that for years, we never learned from 911. I thought and hoped after 911 they would definately secure the borders after so many lives were lost, but they haven't. And these terrorists are told, to shave their beards, smile a lot, and blend in with our communities....how do you think the Boston Terrorists got away with it.

If you don't believe any of this, you need to wake up sleeping beauties.
The Boston Terrorist were Citizens and had been here many years, good grief.

True there will be more attacks in the future, just part of the world we live in, we do the best we can and hope for the best, Thing is when you let it run your life and make you live in fear then the Terrorist have already won, because that is what they do, make people live in ............Terror. Don't let them win

Old 09-16-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Ok, maybe this will help, the 9-11 terrorists did not come across the Mexican border they had visas and came in legally. If a terrorist wanted to enter this Nation they will, we have far too much shore line and borders to be able to stop that from happening if they are determined. Now that should make you feel much more secure, oh wait
I didn't say those affiliated with 911 came across the border...and yes, they did have Visas, I know that....please go back and read again, b/c your only reading what you want to read.

you think they aren't here now? And do you honestly think they haven't come across the borders illegally, buddy you have another think coming....

Your the kind of person who says, I wish it would rain, then stands out in the rain screaming "oh **** its raining!"

they were already here before 911, you need to go back and read again...they were here after, and they have even threatened, that the next attack will be in sync in cities across the country, will it happen, I hope not...but when you open your borders like we have you tell them, hey, come on in....

I cannot believe you think otherwise?

so your saying, we won't be attacked again, and all that I've said about what they've been saying on TV and Radio about being aware, if you see a backpac or brief case sitting there all by itself, call your authorities right away? I've been hearing those commercials for weeks, where have you been?

Old 09-16-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I didn't say those affiliated with 911 came across the border...and yes, they did have Visas, I know that....please go back and read again, b/c your only reading what you want to read.

you think they aren't here now? And do you honestly think they haven't come across the borders illegally, buddy you have another think coming....

Your the kind of person who says, I wish it would rain, then stands out in the rain screaming "oh **** its raining!"

they were already here before 911, you need to go back and read again...they were here after, and they have even threatened, that the next attack will be in sync in cities across the country, will it happen, I hope not...but when you open your borders like we have you tell them, hey, come on in....

I cannot believe you think otherwise?

so your saying, we won't be attacked again, and all that I've said about what they've been saying on TV and Radio about being aware, if you see a backpac or brief case sitting there all by itself, call your authorities right away? I've been hearing those commercials for weeks, where have you been?
I have no problem believing there are some here now, some have probably been here for years now. I seriously doubt they had to wade across the Rio Grande, they can afford airline tickets and cars .

My kind? What kind am I, hey I WISH it would rain, we are in a ten year dry cycle here in Texas, and you are darn right I would go stand out in it and love every second.

I believe we Will be attacked again and law enforcement will do their very best to get them before they do harm. Thing is LE has to get it right every time and the terrorists only have to get a right every once in a while, so sooner or later they will succeed. If you are worried about the border tell your reps in the House to get their behinds back to work and pass a Bill to do so. Maybe this will help, you are far more likely to die in a car accident, a lightning strike, drowning your own pool or a simple heart attack or other illness than you are by being killed in a terrorist attack. So start worrying more about what is likely to kill you than that which is so unlikely you have better odds of winning the Lottery than dying at the hands of a terrorist. Better now?

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 09-16-2014 at 01:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies