Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 07:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,702,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Finally, overwhelming evidence to close down the anti-GMO activists' unproven and unscientific claims of risks from GMO food. It's time to put an end to the hysteria.

Researchers from University of California-Davis Department of Animal Science examined the health and productivity of 100 Billion farm animals over a 27 year period, encompassing a trillion feedings, both before and after GMO foods were introduced to their feedings... and look at what that massive project showed:
These big companies count on people like you who never, ever "follow the money" to see who paid for this.
This is what propaganda is all about.

I hope you learned from this. Would Monsanto ever pay to have a study saying their GM products are NOT safe ?

FWIW any studies that started to show adverse affects of something were quickly defunded and ended not only for GM food but for lots of other "scientific research" that companies hoped to use to peddle their wares.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:38 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,118,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Are you saying you believe AGW research funded by a Wall Street who wants to trade trillions in carbon credits and funded by Uncle Sam who wants to tax carbon?
No..I take nothing at face value,but I'm sure not stupid enough to take a Monsanto funded study at face value either...I wish YOU had a farm that was cross contaminated with Monsanto crap (not by choice)and they came visiting YOU or your neighbor...perhaps then you wouldn't be such a corporate for the rest of your life...then again,some are slow learners I guess

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-24-2014 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: language

Old 09-24-2014, 07:44 AM

53,167 posts, read 34,963,262 times
strangely enough, the euros - who certainly are NOT funded by teh EEEVIL monsanto and would like nothing more, in many cases, to find a problem with GMOs - also conclude they are safe

No risk with GMO food, says EU chief scientific advisor | EurActiv

Old 09-24-2014, 08:02 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,982,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
These big companies count on people like you who never, ever "follow the money" to see who paid for this.
This is what propaganda is all about.

I hope you learned from this. Would Monsanto ever pay to have a study saying their GM products are NOT safe ?

FWIW any studies that started to show adverse affects of something were quickly defunded and ended not only for GM food but for lots of other "scientific research" that companies hoped to use to peddle their wares.
Exactly what I came here to say. When their "studies" don't show the results they want they just end and defund the study, never to speak of it again.

Researchers/Scientists are forced to sign contracts complying with these Corporate rules.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:11 AM

53,167 posts, read 34,963,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Links pls.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:26 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,621,678 times
Quote:
Liberal logic: A small cohort of scientists with a political agenda offer indisputable proof of AGW and anyone who argues with the settled science is a heretic and RWNJ. On the other hand, scientific proof related to the safety of GMO crops is bogus science by a small cohort of politically-motivated scientists with ties to the Evil Koch Brothers.

Don't even get me started on the settled science of vaccines and EMF energy.
I'm not anti-GMO, but this is silly. Essentially all the climate scientists in the world are "a small cohort"? Comparing the rapidly-evolving science of GMOs, to millions of years of climate science evidence with an insurmountable consensus interpretation, is ridiculous.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:29 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,939,398 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse
There's no massive study.
No there isnt...... GMO STUFF IS GARBAGE!! (No one should be exposed to it)

Old 09-24-2014, 08:34 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,111,670 times
Some of you might find this interesting.

GMO labels a $500 food tax - Boulder Daily Camera

Old 09-24-2014, 08:37 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,873,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Biotech industry funds bumper crop of UC Davis research

"...But there was one fact the “Biotech Knowledge Center” Web site failed to mention:
Monsanto paid for the UC Davis research.

...You name it, and biotechnology companies help pay for it at UC Davis: laboratory studies, scholarships, post.doctoral students' salaries, professors' travel expenses, even the campus utility bill. Some professors earn extra money, up to $2,000 a month, consulting for such companies on the side..."

Holy, you know what. Conflict of interest much?
So much for the myth of universities being liberal.
EXACTLY! Wonder who's 'flunky' the OP is...Monsanto employee or the government's?

Old 09-24-2014, 08:40 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,788,617 times
Quote:
Liberal logic: A small cohort of scientists with a political agenda offer indisputable proof of AGW and anyone who argues with the settled science is a heretic and RWNJ.
Except it's not small, it's massive.

Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Denialism on the other hand is supported by a number of scientists so small that you can probably count them on one hand.

Quote:
On the other hand, scientific proof related to the safety of GMO crops is bogus science by a small cohort of politically-motivated scientists with ties to the Evil Koch Brothers.

Don't even get me started on the settled science of vaccines and EMF energy.
First off, GMOs aren't even a left/right partisan issue.

Anti-GMO Attitudes on the Left and Right - Collide-a-Scape | DiscoverMagazine.com

I lean left and don't automatically connect the unethical behavior of Monsanto to GMOs in general, and would imagine that they are probably safe in the same way synthetic flavors or even synthetic foods aren't inherently unhealthy simply because they were created in a lab.

The problem with GMOs is when they're engineered to resist ungodly amounts of pesticide, which cannot be washed off and ends up being consumed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies