Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 03:29 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,924,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Here it is!!
So? What's the problem with sending the message that you should only have sex in a committed relationship? Is that so awful? Like Old Glory says, it doesn't always end up being a lifetime relationship, but you should at least care for the person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 03:32 PM

63,202 posts, read 29,336,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Well you sure as hell weren't specific. But who's to say that's the case? They still pick and choose their mates. That's a form of "right and wrong". Humans have a "primative urge" as well. It's called NATURE.

Either way, you're still trying to convince people that YOUR way of thinking on this subject is the only way. And it's simply not true.
Sorry, but I thought it was obvious that animals don't have the same reasoning thought process that humans do. You cannot compare the sexual urges of an animal to a human because there is a thought process involved in the human while there isn't in an animal other than a primitve "urge".

No, what I am trying to do is to impress upon adults that they are role models for kids. If adults act in promiscuous ways then kids think it is acceptable and natural for them to behave that way also. Handing them birth control methods is condoning the act, IMO.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:38 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,963,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, what I am trying to do is to impress upon adults that they are role models for kids. If adults act in promiscuous ways then kids think it is acceptable and natural for them to behave that way also. Handing them birth control methods is condoning the act, IMO.
There it is... IN YOUR OPINION. It's not fact.

People aren't handing out condoms because they're "condoning the act of promiscuous behavior". They're doing it because they're not dumb enough to believe that teenagers wont go out and try to have sex with each other. Educating them and at least giving them these items of birth control is much smarter than pretending that all teens are just going to wait until marriage and only commit the act with their one high school sweetheart.

Good lord, you make it seem like teen sex is just this brand new thing. Get real.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:38 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,924,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You didn't answer the question. You simply based things on your opinion. That's not fact. Now, answer the question: if protection is used, there's no pregnancy or diseases running around, how is sex harmful to humans? Facts, not your out of date opinion.
I ask again, is protection 100% effective?

When was the condom invented? When was birth control invented? Yet we still do have unwanted pregnancies and diseases like HIV, Aides, and other STD's in the world. Why? Because protection isn't 100% effective, and even if it were, not 100% of people would use it. Until you can get protection to be 100% effective, and ensure that 100% of people would use it, then it will never be healthy as a society to view sex as a casual, recreational activity. It's just that simple.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:40 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,597,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I ask again, is protection 100% effective?

When was the condom invented? When was birth control invented? Yet we still do have unwanted pregnancies and diseases like HIV, Aides, and other STD's in the world. Why? Because protection isn't 100% effective, and even if it were, not 100% of people would use it. Until you can get protection to be 100% effective, and ensure that 100% of people would use it, then it will never be healthy as a society to view sex as a casual, recreational activity. t's just that simple.
It has been for hundreds of people I know. So, how is sex harmful? Again, maybe you can answer the question & not deflect this time.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:46 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,963,334 times
Some of you must have gotten some very screwed up advice or "information" on sex in general...

Old 09-30-2014, 04:16 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,360,076 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88

You know what also would help avoid expensive
complications from sex???? Teaching kids that sex is something special that
should only be shared between two people who care for one another and have
chosen to spend their lives together.

Gawd forbid we send that
message, right?
So, are YOU in a committed relationship with someone you have chosen to spend your life with? I suspect not, given your young age.
I think we have something here.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:32 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,094,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I'd rather pay for their condoms than pay for their kids for eighteen-plus years.
The party of "fiscal responsibility" can't seem to grasp the concept.

Last edited by Annie53; 09-30-2014 at 05:14 PM..

Old 09-30-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
There it is... IN YOUR OPINION. It's not fact.

People aren't handing out condoms because they're "condoning the act of promiscuous behavior". They're doing it because they're not dumb enough to believe that teenagers wont go out and try to have sex with each other. Educating them and at least giving them these items of birth control is much smarter than pretending that all teens are just going to wait until marriage and only commit the act with their one high school sweetheart.

Good lord, you make it seem like teen sex is just this brand new thing. Get real.
It's not strictly and opinion that adults are role models for kids. It's a fact! They may not be passing out birth control to teens because they essentially condone promiscuous behavior but that's the end result of it. Don't make it easier for them to do it. I'm sure teens learn from their peers about birth control but I object to their parents handing it to them or encouraging them to get it elsewhere.

No, teen sex isn't new it's just that it didn't use to be promoted and taken lightly. As I said in a prior post many teens didn't use to engage in it because it was shunned by society. Birth control wasn't so readily available as it is today so teens thought twice about engaging in sex. Today we make it easier for them instead.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The party of "fiscal responsibility" can't seen to grasp the concept.
Why does it have to be either way that we give them birth control or pay for their kids for 18 years? How about being taught right from wrong instead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies