Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 07:28 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times

Advertisements

These people want to walk around like they still live in the stone age. That's their issue.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:34 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Last I checked this is still a free country and people are free to wear whatever they like, even a burka. Not sure why the OP has a problem with freedom.
Because the burka is the opposite of freedom.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:35 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Which is it?

FYI, not all Muslims are radicals. You do realize that, don't you?
I realize that but the ones with a burka do you think they are assimilating and trying to adjust to other cultures?

I'm not naive since these are the muslims who don't except other cultures so my answer is yes to a certain type of Muslims who are peaceful loving people but the ones showing their culture by not showing more than their eyes they show they are not the regular muslims.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:38 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,486,476 times
While we should keep a close eye on anyone from a radicalized area (I don't care if it's Muslims, Greek Gold Dawn party members, or skin heads) we do benefit from connecting with people from different parts of the world. I've been in college classes with people from Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Iran and it's benefited me to find that they mostly want the same thing in life that I or anyone else does.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:53 AM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Our son who is in College in Tampa told us that there are girls/women walking in Burka's on campus and only the eyes are visible.

We were shocked to learn this since that is how it started in Europe with first only scarfs, than long coat like clothing and than burka's.

Why can't muslims assimilate and wear clothing like we wear in the western world. This is the start of more issues and Muslims ending up wanting sharia law since this kind of clothing is a sign of being very religious and not accepting how western people live and dress.

I couldn't care les was out religions and backgrounds but I do care when people don't aceept others as they are and you can blame me for doing the same here but what I mean is that people need to adjust to where they live and if we would move to Saudi Arabia we have to adjust but they come over here and our son told us there is more and more Arabic spoken at his huge University and male muslims wear also traditional muslim clothes and head wear and they bring prayer rugs or whatever they are called with them and pray multiple times a day by siting wherever they want and pray.

With the ISIS issues and calling for loners to step up and kill people and one already beheaded the first one as a parent it worries me and maybe some will call me crazy but it is becoming reality that things can happen over here.

The ISIS symphatizers are everywhere and not scared to speak up.

Unfortunately this thread will not go away easily and will affect our lives now another American is waiting for his last breath and his family must be in such a distress Im getting sick to my stomach thinking of what the hostage and his family must go through.

My prayers are with him and his family and I hope the government will step up to act and order border control to protect us from the radicalism many Islamist seem to have.
I think all the Hasidic Jews ought to be made to shave, too. What are they trying to hide behind those huge beards? We need to be able to see their faces! Also, those Amish. Why can't they drive cars like the rest of us instead of slowing traffic down with those buggies and leaving horse poop everywhere? Why are they off the grid? Why don't they send their kids to college to get an education? And those Mormons with their secret temples and their magic underwear. Who knows what they really do in there? They might be eating their children for all we know.

This is America. Everyone has the RIGHT to practice their own religion as they see fit. Consult your local First Amendment. Yep. There really is a First Amendment. It's right there before the Second one. And it's a peach.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:21 AM

597 posts, read 1,443,879 times
Orlando is infested with them. Disneyland, the stores, the malls,etc. There are 35+ Mosques there. In Naples there is a convert running around Costco with the full robes on. I used to go there and would see him and think he was just a dirty hippie. I was suprised that Costco would have someone so dirty looking, working for them. Then suddenly he went from wearing dirty clothes and a full beard to now he is in full costume and wears the long gowns and the head gear.

I wonder if they had a Christian wearing a " I love Jesus" shirt , if they would think that is OK as well. Or what if some Nazi freak wanted to wear a Nazi uniform....would they allow them to wear that? Costco is just way too politicall correct. Well, we all know they support Obama and all his agenda.

There are mosques popping up all over Florida. Sarasota has just built a huge one, Wesley Chapel they built one that is hidden in the woods in the middle a secluded area. Probably just going to do peaceful things there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies