Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 09:08 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times

Advertisements

Our son who is in College in Tampa told us that there are girls/women walking in Burka's on campus and only the eyes are visible.

We were shocked to learn this since that is how it started in Europe with first only scarfs, than long coat like clothing and than burka's.

Why can't muslims assimilate and wear clothing like we wear in the western world. This is the start of more issues and Muslims ending up wanting sharia law since this kind of clothing is a sign of being very religious and not accepting how western people live and dress.

I couldn't care les was out religions and backgrounds but I do care when people don't aceept others as they are and you can blame me for doing the same here but what I mean is that people need to adjust to where they live and if we would move to Saudi Arabia we have to adjust but they come over here and our son told us there is more and more Arabic spoken at his huge University and male muslims wear also traditional muslim clothes and head wear and they bring prayer rugs or whatever they are called with them and pray multiple times a day by siting wherever they want and pray.

With the ISIS issues and calling for loners to step up and kill people and one already beheaded the first one as a parent it worries me and maybe some will call me crazy but it is becoming reality that things can happen over here.

The ISIS symphatizers are everywhere and not scared to speak up.

Unfortunately this thread will not go away easily and will affect our lives now another American is waiting for his last breath and his family must be in such a distress Im getting sick to my stomach thinking of what the hostage and his family must go through.

My prayers are with him and his family and I hope the government will step up to act and order border control to protect us from the radicalism many Islamist seem to have.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:30 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,427,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Our son who is in College in Tampa told us that there are girls/women walking in Burka's on campus and only the eyes are visible.

We were shocked to learn this since that is how it started in Europe with first only scarfs, than long coat like clothing and than burka's.

Why can't muslims assimilate and wear clothing like we wear in the western world. This is the start of more issues and Muslims ending up wanting sharia law since this kind of clothing is a sign of being very religious and not accepting how western people live and dress.

I couldn't care les was out religions and backgrounds but I do care when people don't aceept others as they are and you can blame me for doing the same here but what I mean is that people need to adjust to where they live and if we would move to Saudi Arabia we have to adjust but they come over here and our son told us there is more and more Arabic spoken at his huge University and male muslims wear also traditional muslim clothes and head wear and they bring prayer rugs or whatever they are called with them and pray multiple times a day by siting wherever they want and pray.

With the ISIS issues and calling for loners to step up and kill people and one already beheaded the first one as a parent it worries me and maybe some will call me crazy but it is becoming reality that things can happen over here.

Unfortunately this thread will not go away easily and will affect our lives now another American is waiting for his last breath and his family must be in such a distress Im getting sick to my stomach thinking of what the hostage and his family must go through.

My prayers are with him and his family and I hope the government will step up to act and order border control to protect us from the radicalism many Islamist seem to have.

Which is it?

FYI, not all Muslims are radicals. You do realize that, don't you?

Old 10-03-2014, 09:39 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:

Why can't muslims assimilate and wear clothing like we wear in the western world.

This is the start of more issues and Muslims ending up wanting sharia law since this kind of clothing is a sign of being very religious and not accepting how western people live and dress.

This is their religion....and this is what they wear according to their religion. Why do they have to wear clothing against their religion just to placate you. Stop being afraid because this has nothing to do with isis.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:43 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Hey bentlebee, African-American women here that are converts to Islam wear burkas too. Are they not Western? LOL.....

Old 10-03-2014, 09:44 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
What's shocking is that they are wearing all that stuff in the heat. I just went to hospital the other day and saw one covered head to toe, except the eyes. Sure must be a ***** when the time comes to have an examination The techs and docs only have so much time....

These folks are no different than the Indians that walk around with their garb and dots on their forehead. What about those orthodox Jews with those long beards and black outfits. Or those Greek Orthodox Priests who practically hit you with those big crosses

And while I find most folks with tatoos from head to toe over the top, you know I try not to look at any of them. With the religious ones though, I'm just so shocked folks believe in this stuff, organized religion that is....

Old 10-03-2014, 09:45 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times

Why do we have students in the USA walking around in Burka's?

Why do we have rock stars in their tight jeans and leather vests jumping around on stages wearing big fake gold crucifixes? Why do we have latter day saints wearing weird underwear? Why do we have jewish guys wearing long curly sidelocks and yarmulkes? Why do we have jewish women shaving their heads and wearing wigs? Why do we have mennonites wearing big bushy beards? Don't they know they are supposed to all look like protestants?

Old 10-03-2014, 10:11 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,225 times
Quote:

Why can't muslims assimilate and wear clothing like we wear in the western world. .

People can wear whatever they want. If you're so sensitive God forbid you'll ever see an Amish or a Hassidic Jew. Get a life!

Old 10-03-2014, 10:28 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
They should be allowed to wear their Jihad-hats/Jihad-wear anywhere they want!

Old 10-03-2014, 10:49 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
It is free country and they can wear whatever they like.

When they start harming others we should cut their heads off with a dull knife.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Amazing. Americans are afraid of everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies