Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 06:49 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
With no ID required how can you even claim that?
Simple .. He lied!

Nevada's Democratic legislative leaders against voter ID plan

Quote:
CARSON CITY - Chances of Secretary of State Ross Miller winning support in the Legislature for a voter photo ID law look less than dim since the Democratic leaders of the state Senate and Assembly said they oppose his plan.

State Senate Majority Leader Mo Denis, D-Las Vegas, and Assembly Speaker Marilyn Kirkpatrick, D-North Las Vegas, last week questioned how state government can afford spending $10 million to $20 million on a voter ID program when the state faces more pressing needs, such as education, health care and other programs.

Denis said there was scant evidence of organized voter fraud in the fall elections, so it makes no sense to implement the Miller plan.

"It's a problem that doesn't exist," he said.
Nevada's Democratic legislative leaders against voter ID plan | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Same ole thing .. lie and then blame everyone else.

Then there is the dimmies .. No proof of fraud, blah, blah, blah ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 06:51 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,811,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
With no ID required how can you even claim that?
Because there have been a few in depth examination of voter roles in places like Florida. Virtually all the illegal voters they found had photo ID. If there were a mess of voters without photo ID they would have been found. There were none.

The Republican party has poll watchers all over the place. They could identify the ones that appeared off and followed up. But it never happens.

Even things like the argument that Franken benefitted from illegal voters is entirely based on ones with Photo ID.

The problem the right has with this issue is there does not appear to be any even though it could be done. So why try to guard against what people don't do. Why not chase those with photo ID who illegally vote?

Old 10-06-2014, 06:55 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,717,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I'm all for it as long as people doon't have to pay in order to get qualifying ID if they cannot afford it.

Why do so many Republicans oppose this feature?
Link please???

As a conservative I would glady pay extra for those who couldn't afford an ID.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Because there have been a few in depth examination of voter roles in places like Florida. Virtually all the illegal voters they found had photo ID. If there were a mess of voters without photo ID they would have been found. There were none.

The Republican party has poll watchers all over the place. They could identify the ones that appeared off and followed up. But it never happens.

Even things like the argument that Franken benefitted from illegal voters is entirely based on ones with Photo ID.

The problem the right has with this issue is there does not appear to be any even though it could be done. So why try to guard against what people don't do. Why not chase those with photo ID who illegally vote?
I have already proven that you lie when it comes to supporting your side.

Why on earth would anyone respond to you after such a blatant attempt to smear the opposition?

Bye!

Old 10-06-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Link please???

As a conservative I would glady pay extra for those who couldn't afford an ID.
Just another made up lie by the rats.

Nevada's Democratic legislative leaders against voter ID plan | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Old 10-06-2014, 07:01 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,811,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Simple .. He lied!

Nevada's Democratic legislative leaders against voter ID plan

Same ole thing .. lie and then blame everyone else.

Then there is the dimmies .. No proof of fraud, blah, blah, blah ..
Ah more Right Wing BS. I said both parties were against the Photo ID plan.

Here is the Republican Candidate for Secretary of State turning down the Democrat Millers plan because it costs too much. She wants DLs only so she can block the old black ladies while not interfering with the felon Republicans....

Cegavske backs voter ID law for Nevada | Las Vegas Review-Journal

And I will give you right wing nuts anouther clue. Don't mess with me on Nevada politics...I do follow them pretty close. I even know a number of the players.

You might also note that the Dems won't spend 10 or 20 million to fix a non=existent problem. And the Repub candidate agrees!

Old 10-06-2014, 07:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Ah more Right Wing BS. I said both parties were against the Photo ID plan.

Here is the Republican Candidate for Secretary of State turning down the Democrat Millers plan because it costs too much. She wants DLs only so she can block the old black ladies while not interfering with the felon Republicans....
She really wants to block old black ladies? Typical left wing racist bull CRAP...

Are you telling me blacks dont drive now?

Old 10-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Democrats losing long war against voter ID | WashingtonExaminer.com

Polls show that over 2/3rds of Americans want a well constructed photo ID law for voting...

Polls also show the majority of whites, blacks, republicans, and democrats support the concept of a photoID to vote.

The Democrat party opposes photo ID against the majority, because they believe it gives them an advantage....what respectable advantage could that be?
1. Your link does not quote the study it claims existed.

2. Felons voting has nothing to do with Voter ID. This isnt someone taking someone else identity.

3. Voter ID wouldnt have stopped a Dead, moved, or in jail person. If a person is dead or has moved, they shouldnt be on the voter rolls in the first place. That is a systematic fail just like the other one.

And a person who has moved would still have a voter ID that showed they lived at that address.

The very examples you are trying to use to champion voter ID laws is the very thing that shows they are a farce.

Also, regardless of if it was for investigative purposes, it is indeed a crime to commit voter fraud. I highly doubt your study is true, and if it is, they indeed broke the law and at some point will be in jail.

Instead of being for Voter ID( that wouldnt even work in the scenarios posted int he link), maybe you should tell Registrars to do their jobs.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
3. Voter ID wouldnt have stopped a Dead, moved, or in jail person. If a person is dead or has moved, they shouldnt be on the voter rolls in the first place. That is a systematic fail just like the other one.
I am currently registered in 3 different counties in 3 different states.

I also hold drivers licenses in 2 different states, albeit I shouldnt, but do..

Old 10-06-2014, 07:19 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,085,192 times
I received an application, a few days ago, to sign up to receive a 'vote by mail' ballot. I wonder how many snowbirds, not here yet, will have the ballot sent to their NY address [they will be on vacation in NY on Nov 4 of course] and vote in two states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies