Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 10:17 AM

944 posts, read 3,956,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
So what did you think of him in the video? He's got far more experience than either you or I.
My humble apologies but my sound card failed months ago so I cannot watch/listen to the video clip you referenced. Do you have a link to a text version? Or an MP3 file I can download and burn? I'm kinda primitive in how I use electronic devices

For the record, I think there's a lot of reason to be suspicious about many aspects of what goes on in government. But I do not believe that 9/11 was a master-planned event. Did a few key people know something and keep it under wraps? Maybe. But I don't think it's possible for more than a tiny handful of people to keep such massive secrets. And I definitely don't believe in the theories about the WTC being bombed from the inside, or a missile hitting the Pentagon. Those theories have been thoroughly debunked. The question is "how did all those guys get on all those planes without anyone being suspicious" and the answer, IMHO, is "incompetence". It's the rule of parsimony --- the simplest explanation is correct until proven otherwise. Incompetence easily explains how 9/11 happened, but that's just my opinion and I COULD BE WRONG!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2006, 10:37 AM

56 posts, read 32,709 times
the big bang tells us all this came from NOTHING......which is more logical to beleive??...... something coming from absolute noting or from a creator god??? clearly the god creator is much more logical ..... this is why einstein beleived in a planning creator....
and now more and more scientists are becoming beleivers...cause the hubble telescope is telling us this big bang is even more certain....

Old 11-01-2006, 12:06 PM

753 posts, read 759,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starman View Post
the big bang tells us all this came from NOTHING......which is more logical to beleive??...... something coming from absolute noting or from a creator god??? clearly the god creator is much more logical ..... this is why einstein beleived in a planning creator....
and now more and more scientists are becoming beleivers...cause the hubble telescope is telling us this big bang is even more certain....
Hi,

I don't think the big bang theory makes any conclusion that everything in the universe came from nothing. What it does conclude is that the Big Bang is both the beginning and endpoint of observable phenomena, and therefore, the limit of scientific observation. It is the point where rationalism ends and faith begins. There's nothing unscientific or sacreligious in saying this.

I don't think you have any evidence to prove that there are any more or any less "believers" in the scientific community than there was at any time in history. The one constant you'll find is that any scientist worth the PhD tacked on to the end of their name would never claim there is absolutely nothing before the big bang. Such a claim would be without evidence or means of experimental proof.

But it's a perfectly valid claim to say there is no scientific evidence of God or the existence of anything before the Big Bang. Such a statement doesn't deny the existence of God, just the absence of experimental proof. This shouldn't be a problem for believers, should it? If there were undeniable proof that God exists, what need would there be for faith?

Old 11-01-2006, 12:21 PM

753 posts, read 759,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post
It's the rule of parsimony --- the simplest explanation is correct until proven otherwise. Incompetence easily explains how 9/11 happened, but that's just my opinion and I COULD BE WRONG!!!
Hi again,

I enjoy reading your posts, deeptrance.

Incompetence is a powerful historical agent, far more potent than the mind of any conspirator. Over a century ago, it was what transformed an oil lamp knocked over by a cow into a bonfire that turned Chicago into a pile of cinders. Fast forward a few decades and you can watch it all happen again on the decks of the Titanic.

So yet again, it was incompetence that allowed a bunch of goons with little more than box cutters and a harebrained idea to stir up what may become the biggest geopolitical showdown of the 21st century.

Old 11-01-2006, 02:00 PM

56 posts, read 32,709 times
there is a book i read at barnes and noble about a former atheist phrofessor at harvard who has changed to a beleiver and he also says that the last 20 yrs many more things have been learned that are changing the harvard atheists phrofessors into beleivers...

even steven hawking a wanna be einstein made a strong statement a few yrs ago but inaccurate that said it was a 50-50 chance that in 20 yrs we would know the mind of god..... and ues indeed the big bang theory DOES state that all this came from NOTHING....this is the REASON EINSTEIN became a certain believer ..... PROOF... what is PROOF?? again all this coming from NOTHING.... these scientists with the hubble telescope has done alot of measurements and this makes it clear that a beginning happened.... a beginning PROVES all this came from NOTHING.... which is IMPOSSIBLE... so with high logic like einstein had he saw this as PROOF which it iS!! when one says there was a beginning they are saying that all came from nothing....IF there is not a creator..... ITS either of these 2... all from NOTHING or a creator... one is impossilbe... and there is just one other option a creator... this is PROOF!!! EINSTEIN's high logic COULD see what PROOF IS!!! with lower logic one cannot see what PROOF IS..

and NOW the science of psychology is coming on like gang busters in also suggesting a creator and christ had answers that no one should have had at that TIME!! NOW we know how our thoughts helps us or hurts us RIGHT with what christ said .... this is the BIG NEWS of the last 20 yrs!!

Old 11-01-2006, 04:46 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,635,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Ok, here is an interview of the former German minister (emphasis on GERMAN) who realized 911 was an inside job. He was the equivalent of Rumsfeld for many years and dealt with the German secret service. He is a retired German official with many years intelligence experience. Pay attention, PLEASE, to the fact he is German. Everyone needs to pay attention, please. It's not allowed to post links here, so I will enclose them in parens, and you can paste them into your browser.

[link]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7983456992913081117[/endlink]
Do you realize how many people would have to be involved in a conspiracy of this magnitude. People rigging the the World Trade Center with explosives. Missles hitting the pentagon, etc. The logistics would be staggering. That would be a great feat in itself. Now getting all involved never to say a word about it is impossible.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:49 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,677,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Do you realize how many people would have to be involved in a conspiracy of this magnitude. People rigging the the World Trade Center with explosives. Missles hitting the pentagon, etc. The logistics would be staggering. That would be a great feat in itself. Now getting all involved never to say a word about it is impossible.
Especially since Bush was only in office less than a year ( and considering people think he is dumb), that magnitude of something would take years to plan, maybe we should be looking at Clinton?

Old 11-01-2006, 05:23 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,130,674 times
I was in New York on the day the planes crashed into the Towers, and then was relocated as a government employee to a building adjacent to the WTC locale. The events are as clear to me today as I trudged down the streets of NYC in 2001.

I don't hold to the sum of any conspiracy, but I do know, for a fact, that the government (State, City and Federal) had offices in the Towers--we did, and that some equipment in the sub-basement may have contributed to the "idea" of explosives. This is little talked about but if you check all the write-ups by PM and the "9-11ers" you'll catch this fact.

I do hold that the government, and here I include the local as well as the federal government took keen advantage of the 9-11 event and turned it, and the people of this country, into fearful, terrorized citizens with shrinking constitutional rights, and diminished capacity to speak out against anything without risking misunderstanding, and accusations that make me tremble (for our nation).

Old 11-01-2006, 05:27 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,130,674 times
I was in New York on the day the planes crashed into the Towers, and then was relocated as a government employee to a building adjacent to the WTC locale. The events are as clear to me today as I trudged down the streets of NYC in 2001.

I don't hold to the sum of any conspiracy, but I do know, for a fact, that the government (State, City and Federal) had offices in the Towers--we did, and that some equipment in the sub-basement may have contributed to the "idea" of explosives. This is little talked about but if you check all the write-ups by PM and the "9-11ers" you'll catch this fact.

I do hold that the government, and here I include the local as well as the federal government took keen advantage of the 9-11 event and turned it, and the people of this country, into fearful, terrorized citizens with shrinking constitutional rights, and diminished capacity to speak out against anything without risking misunderstanding, and accusations that make me tremble (for our nation).

Old 11-01-2006, 05:28 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,635,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post
My humble apologies but my sound card failed months ago so I cannot watch/listen to the video clip you referenced. Do you have a link to a text version? Or an MP3 file I can download and burn? I'm kinda primitive in how I use electronic devices

For the record, I think there's a lot of reason to be suspicious about many aspects of what goes on in government. But I do not believe that 9/11 was a master-planned event. Did a few key people know something and keep it under wraps? Maybe. But I don't think it's possible for more than a tiny handful of people to keep such massive secrets. And I definitely don't believe in the theories about the WTC being bombed from the inside, or a missile hitting the Pentagon. Those theories have been thoroughly debunked. The question is "how did all those guys get on all those planes without anyone being suspicious" and the answer, IMHO, is "incompetence". It's the rule of parsimony --- the simplest explanation is correct until proven otherwise. Incompetence easily explains how 9/11 happened, but that's just my opinion and I COULD BE WRONG!!!
Your "ABSOLUTELY" right. Blame it partially to incompetence and blame some of it on the liberals in this country. After the bombing of the Trade Center in "93 and the events after, (The Cole, The Marine Barracks etc.) we needed to tighten up our security. It was very obvious after 1993 that there was a group of people in this world that didn't like us and meant us harm. Most people will jump on my back for this statement, so pile on I can take it. Profiling is a valuable tool in law enforcement. Sometimes people have to be profiled and detained for the interest of our safety. If we stopped a certain profile of people at an airport screening point to ask questions we were harrasing them. WE knew we would be attacked again on American soil and didn't do much to address it. There are people in this country with political views akin to "why don't we all have a group hug and things will be better". What do we do now. Make old people take their shoes off at screening points or search them in their wheelchairs so the government can say "were doing something" God forbid we investigate people in this country. The A.C.L.U and liberals will blow their corks. I met a young man in Vietnam who was a conscientious objector. We both arrived at the same time and he vowed he would never shoot another human being. He said he would have gone to Canada but his father would have never spoke to him again. About two weeks later we got into a fire fight. Our platoon was pinned down and I was in a hole with him and few other guys. We all returned fire except for him. We were yelling at him to shoot and he wouldn't. When we finally got out of there we asked why he didn't shoot. He said it was against his beliefs. We tried to explain to him that were at war and the people on the other side wanted to kill him. We were all 20 year old snot nosed kids that were scared sh***ess. But most of us recognized what we needed to do to get to the next day. Less than one month later he took 1 shot to the neck from a sniper and he was dead in a flash. What I'm getting at is sometimes we have to do things that we don't want to do but it's a fact of life. It's time for us to start making and implementing unpopular decisions. If we don't act now were doomed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies