Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 06:32 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,457,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post
My humble apologies but my sound card failed months ago so I cannot watch/listen to the video clip you referenced. Do you have a link to a text version? Or an MP3 file I can download and burn? I'm kinda primitive in how I use electronic devices

For the record, I think there's a lot of reason to be suspicious about many aspects of what goes on in government. But I do not believe that 9/11 was a master-planned event. Did a few key people know something and keep it under wraps? Maybe. But I don't think it's possible for more than a tiny handful of people to keep such massive secrets. And I definitely don't believe in the theories about the WTC being bombed from the inside, or a missile hitting the Pentagon. Those theories have been thoroughly debunked. The question is "how did all those guys get on all those planes without anyone being suspicious" and the answer, IMHO, is "incompetence". It's the rule of parsimony --- the simplest explanation is correct until proven otherwise. Incompetence easily explains how 9/11 happened, but that's just my opinion and I COULD BE WRONG!!!

Hmm, I'm not technically savvy, but I will look for a transcript. Actually, I've never been of the opinion that it even matters how the buildings were brought down. They very well could have been brought down in the matter stated. Maybe the rest is to obfuscate. Fact is, you could have had CIA assets who didn't even know what was coming. Remote control has been around for awhile.

The question we all have to ask ourselves is, Who Benefits? And what derives from that. The technicalities are details to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2006, 10:07 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,475,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Do you realize how many people would have to be involved in a conspiracy of this magnitude. People rigging the the World Trade Center with explosives. Missles hitting the pentagon, etc. The logistics would be staggering. That would be a great feat in itself. Now getting all involved never to say a word about it is impossible.

Save your breathe this crap spreads like a rash. I still want to know what documents Clinton's national security advisor stole and stuck in his pants. Sounds like it would have been pretty interesting. If that was a Republican that story would not have died so quick. Don't ever under estimate the power of the Clinton's. They are like the political mofia.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:31 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,097,562 times
Good heavens! Now our government blew up the trade center???

Do you people realize how many people were constantly maintaining those buildings? The electrical, the ducts, networks etc???? then to miss the 1000's of pounds of explosives it would have taken to bring the building down??

Completely IMPOSSIBLE and stupid theory if you ask me.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
I still want to know what documents Clinton's national security advisor stole and stuck in his pants. Sounds like it would have been pretty interesting.
I didn't hear of any documents being shoved down people's pants... Sounds like the beginnings of another sex scandal rumor if you ask me LOL!

Old 11-02-2006, 07:43 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,638,906 times
Quote:
Save your breathe this crap spreads like a rash. I still want to know what documents Clinton's national security advisor stole and stuck in his pants. Sounds like it would have been pretty interesting. If that was a Republican that story would not have died so quick. Don't ever under estimate the power of the Clinton's. They are like the political mofia.
I don't exactly know how to take that. If your saying that Clinton and his goons knew we were going to be attacked I would agree. We knew way before Clinton though that we would be targeted again. Peter Karam testified in front of a national committee after the first bombing of the Trade Center in 93 that they would strike again, and he cited intelligence gathered by the joint national terrorist task force to prove his claim. He was basically ignored. I'm also sure that intelligence gathered in the weeks prior to the 9-11attack was probably passed into the chain of command but ultimately was not addressed.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:22 AM

When the White house changed hands I heard that in the new administration's arrogance he dismissed the leaving administration's documents and briefings or what have you regarding the Cole bombing and terrorist info.

You can bash Gore and Clinton on numerous subjects, but I feel that their foreign policy- especially in dealing with Israel and Palestine- was superior to today's "stick it up your ass" foreign policy of Cheny and Rumsfeld. we were a little more positively favored in the world back then...after 9/11 we should have had a halo around our heads but instead now we are looked at as devils. That is because of the arrogance of the current admin IMO.

Now if that is true (throwing out the previos admin's intelligence to spite them) then i think someone should be held for dereliction of duty!

Old 11-02-2006, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Why do you want to know this? Does it rank up there with 911? I mean, let's look at the big picture here, really.

BTW, Clinton has been out of the picture for years. Enough already.

BTW, it's mafia.

Old 11-02-2006, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
I didn't hear of any documents being shoved down people's pants... Sounds like the beginnings of another sex scandal rumor if you ask me LOL!
Hahaha, so true to form with the right wing. The most repressed on the planet, and yet the most perverted and deviant.

Old 11-02-2006, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
Good heavens! Now our government blew up the trade center???

Do you people realize how many people were constantly maintaining those buildings? The electrical, the ducts, networks etc???? then to miss the 1000's of pounds of explosives it would have taken to bring the building down??

Completely IMPOSSIBLE and stupid theory if you ask me.
Sorry, wrong. Do your research. Marvin Bush was in charge of much of the security of those buildings, and those buildings were shut down in weeks previous to 911, on occasion.

OK, just part of it, but you are still responsible for doing your own research. This gets exhausting.

Quote:
9/11 Security
Courtesy of Marvin Bush

Marvin P. Bush, the president’s younger brother, was a principal in a company called Securacom that provided security for the World Trade Center, United Airlines, and Dulles International Airport. The company, Burns noted, was backed by KuwAm, a Kuwaiti-American investment firm on whose board Marvin Burns also served. [Utne]
According to its present CEO, Barry McDaniel, the company had an ongoing contract to handle security at the World Trade Center "up to the day the buildings fell down."

The company lists as government clients "the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S Air force, and the Department of Justice," in projects that "often require state-of-the-art security solutions for classified or high-risk government sites."

Stratesec (Securacom) differs from other security companies which separate the function of consultant from that of service provider. The company defines itself as a "single-source" provider of "end-to-end" security services, including everything from diagnosis of existing systems to hiring subcontractors to installing video and electronic equipment. It also provides armored vehicles and security guards

Old 11-02-2006, 09:31 PM

944 posts, read 3,956,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I do hold that the government, and here I include the local as well as the federal government took keen advantage of the 9-11 event and turned it, and the people of this country, into fearful, terrorized citizens with shrinking constitutional rights, and diminished capacity to speak out against anything without risking misunderstanding, and accusations that make me tremble (for our nation).
Of course, people in power are in power mostly because they're good at exploiting existing conditions and only rarely because they actually cause productive change or possess good leadership skills. That's the essence of what I hate about politicians, they're just cheap lawyers with ego issues and phony personalities. I'm totally non-partisan in this regard. The few politicians I actually respect are from every party --- for example, John McCain and Barak Obama (although maybe I'm just being fooled by both of them, too.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Blame it partially to incompetence and blame some of it on the liberals in this country.
How is liberalism to blame for 9/11 more than our imperialist policies in the middle east that enrage Islamic fundamentalists? Yes, I said IMPERIALIST. If you examine our policies over the last 70 years and compare them to the definition of imperialism, it's a perfect match. We disrespect other cultures. The entire Iraq war is based on the United States Superiority Complex that plagues the American collective psyche, imagining that we have found the best way to live and govern and if we just get everyone else in the world to convert to our ways then everyone will be better off. Backing this view is an extremely profitable global corporate system that benefits from having more capitalist "democracies" (which we seem to define as "governments that let us exploit their resources and labor without interfering with our selfish interests".)

Pardon my extremism in the wording of the above statement. It's not the only way I see things, I also see many problems on the liberal side such as the ones you pointed out. The ultra-PC multiculturalist hyper-sensitive Left has its collective head in the sand and seems to embrace the enslavement of millions of women as "alternative culture" and I'm not a fan of that view either. But you can't blame Islamic rage on liberals or conservatives.

Every American administration has continued the same failed policies --- keeping the US dependent on foreign oil, using resources in the most wasteful manner of any civilization in history, encouraging driving as the best mode of transportation, and acting as if resources are endless and the environment doesn't matter. Then you add on top of that the foreign policies that go with "defending our national interests" (translation: protecting our boundless appetite for oil and other resources) and the result is that most other nations hate us. In response, most Americans become defensive and reactionary, which is exactly the opposite of an intelligent response. If you're truly proud of your country and you believe in what the USA stands for, then you can take an insult gracefully, admit when we're wrong, and help elect leaders who will take us in a new direction away from our corporate/military/oil-dominated politics and toward a true politics of, by, and for THE PEOPLE. Gee.... wasn't that the original point of breaking away from King George?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies