Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2014, 08:39 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,881,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
This administration is gambling with the lives of Americans by playing politics.

If the Ebola outbreak were in Israel and not West Africa, is there any doubt that there would be a travel ban in place?
I regret that I have but one reputation point to give to this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 08:41 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
For my money, anyone who has had first hand exposure to Ebola should be quarantined on arrival. This case will give further information, though, on whether that is necessary or not. This case was not mishandled like in Texas. Aside from maybe his girlfriend, this one is going nowhere. He seems to be much sicker than the nurses were too. He may not make it.
I have a feeling before it's all said and done, we'll get to see how other smaller, regional hospitals in smaller towns handle this disease. Texas just happened to be "ground zero," but it could have been anywhere. Let's hope that other hospitals and cities have learned from the mistakes made there.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:43 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
This lunacy will continue as long as we don't stop travel from the three hotspots of Ebola.
No worries everyone! As soon as our mighty President is done golfing he will tell us a few more lies and it will all be ok. Is it time to impeach yet? Nah let's wait until his gross negligence kills thousands.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:43 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
Per WHO it is said to be 42 days

As such it means 42 days is correct vs 21 days...
meaning we are screwed....

CDC and Doctors without borders drops the ball...

as per not airborne = actually airborne
because saliva, spit, sneeze, cough

sweat as well.

do not touch anyone with sweat.

actually do not touch the hand rails in subway stations anymore after this.

according to where he lives to the bowling alley he should be taking the most likely route of
A to L train. where he was most sick.
and back if he didn't take cabs.

Phew luckily I didn't tale the A/C or D trains recently.

I mostly take the 5/4/F trains for now...

please note to not sit on the trains or touch anyone.

if it is crowded DO NOT GO IN ANYMORE.

we are packed like rats in there and with the disease like this it can easily spread.
if this doctor used the subway any time during rush hour WE ARE SO SCREWED he would have likely been crowded into people and his sweat would have likely came into contact with many people already.

this is one of the WORST places to have a high mortality disease.
-highly populated
-unsanitary
-crowded transportation-BAD MTA CUTTING SERVICE AND FORCED CROWDING.
-BAD MTA-cutting corners and corruption to save a few pennies-I do hope they hazmat those possible trains he used at least.

the city will go into massive standstill if they do so though.
A/C D lines are heavily used.

5/4 lines are also but MR Spencer likely didn't use them.
Wall street should rejoice as they take that one the most.
I can appreciate your fear, having lived in NY.
Before going off the deep end remember Duncan's 24 hour journey through 4 airports, 3 flights , 2 layovers, family contact, the 4 who shared an apartment with him as his condition deteriorated, the healthcare workers on his first ER visit, EMT and then hospitalization.

Out of all those contacts, 2 nurses, who cared for him as the virus consumed Duncan, acquired Ebola.

WHO, Doctors without Borders and CDC are consistent about 21 days. WHO uses 42 days, twice the maximum incubation period since the last diagnosis, to generate confidence that a country's outbreak has ended.

Seems to me the people most at risk right now are the healthcare workers in the NY hospital that are treating this doctor.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 10-23-2014 at 09:08 PM..

Old 10-23-2014, 08:44 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovz_mRKjLVQ

Old 10-23-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I have a feeling before it's all said and done, we'll get to see how other smaller, regional hospitals in smaller towns handle this disease. Texas just happened to be "ground zero," but it could have been anywhere. Let's hope that other hospitals and cities have learned from the mistakes made there.
Let's hope NY remains humble.

17,357 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Calm down people!

We have an Ebola Czar now!

Everything is totally under control.

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And it's not like that was a small hospital in a small town.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:46 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
This administration is gambling with the lives of Americans by playing politics.

If the Ebola outbreak were in Israel and not West Africa, is there any doubt that there would be a travel ban in place?
Nah, we would have just nuked it.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:55 PM

Watching Hannity right now as his mouth foams.

Once again he lies and iterates 33 countries have banned travel from the affected countries including France and the UK, blah, blah, blah. Guess he prefers to ignore that Air France continues to fly to one of the affected countries, daily. Guess he prefers to ignore that no country, outside of Africa, has banned any documented travelers connecting from affected countries from entering their country.

Why let facts get in the way of fear mongering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies