Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 06:48 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times

Advertisements

thats funny. I never ONCE sent my Aunt anything. Funny thing is she was posting all sorts of liberal crap.
She gave me a bunch of **** about it before she blocked me and I told her to act like an adult and click on the scroll bar and move on like I do when I don't like what I see on hers or anyone elses page. It is immature when people such as her, fell that they can't argue or deal with people who do not share their views. She no longer emails me or sends cards.

Seems only the left is allowed to have a voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
That's funny because I have seen many posts from people who eventually got so tired of their family members posting & sending them crap that in the end they decided to block them. Things such as calling liberals "*******s", telling people they're going to hell for their beliefs, things of that nature. I am sure if that was coming up on your wall on a consistent basis from your family or friends, you'd get tired of it as well & end up blocking them. Tell me, how is that immature? Think about that for a moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
When I read this, I felt I could see the future. It was a vision of me, reading a post history full of homophobic remarks.
Right because you know what I post on my facebook page. You just ASS-ume that is the case.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:51 AM

but it seems leftists construe everything as racist and homophobic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
That is because Republicans often base their politics are bigotry and prejudice. Those are deal breakers for most liberals. I don't want any friends who are racists or homophobes.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:09 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
That is because Republicans often base their politics are bigotry and prejudice. Those are deal breakers for most liberals. I don't want any friends who are racists or homophobes.

What a crock! I have no love for the republican party or what passes for it today, but racism isn't exclusive to their party. I see it on both sides. If you take your partisan blinders off you'd see it too.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:13 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I don't do facebook, but in real life I have been able to get along fine with liberals despite being an ultraconservative. Keeping a sense of humor and above all a sense of integrity is key. I am a union member and even hold a low level elected position in my union, so I know and am friends with plenty of libs.

My biggest problems have been with libertarians, who ironically I probably agree with 97% of the time. In my experience, if you don't agree 100%, your name is Mud, and you might as well be a child molester.
This has got to be the most confused crowd..... How the hell can libertarian go from Bill Maher to Glenn Beck?? Those in between either lean left or right and they don't even notice it! LOL

Old 10-22-2014, 08:14 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,098,001 times
Conservatives love to point out that there's twice as many of them as there are liberals.

Conservatives only have half the number of avoidable people to deal with.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:22 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
No, this is how the left and media portray them

Quote:
I don't want any friends who are racists or homophobes
As we can see the left (some) have already tried campaigning on these ideas, they're falling flat into the water!

Just listening to Al Sharpton explaining how just the police officer in Ferguson had a gun. The liberal whiner wants us to believe Brown and the PO couldn't be struggling over the same gun. Only the PO had a gun.....what an idiot.

My liberal family members are alcoholics or x and claim they need/needed to self-medicate......what is amazing their friends have the same line.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:26 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This has got to be the most confused crowd..... How the hell can libertarian go from Bill Maher to Glenn Beck?? Those in between either lean left or right and they don't even notice it! LOL

As a libertarian, I don't consider those two shining examples of libertarians. Beck may be closer to one, but he isn't quite there.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:05 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,604,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
I sincerely wondered if this is the up close and personal behavior of most republicans. (Note: I am an independent)
In my experience, most Republicans aren't bad people, they just succumb to identity politics and un-nuanced arguments without thinking too deeply about the issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Right because you know what I post on my facebook page. You just ASS-ume that is the case.
No, but I can see what you post on this forum. I'm not assuming anything about your Facebook page, but if your gay friends are defriending you it's possibly because you don't change your personality when posting there versus here. In any case, I was only predicting what I'd find you posting on this forum, not Facebook.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:09 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Political Polarization & Media Habits | Pew Research Center's Journalism Project

FTA:By contrast, those with consistently liberal views:
Are more likely than those in other ideological groups to block or “defriend” someone on a social network – as well as to end a personal friendship – because of politics.

One reason I don't talk politics with my liberal friends and coworkers.
I lost about two Facebook friends from high school because I supported Romney. No real loss one had ballooned to 300lbs and she doesn't even have any kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies