Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2014, 01:41 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,931,188 times

Advertisements

If you vote for democrats this election, you are effectively green lighting the issuance of millions of green cards---is that what you want? The cards have already been ordered.

Does anyone really think that is good for Americans????

With all their flaws, the only thing standing between us and millions more "citizens" are the republicans.

There is an interesting piece on the Muslim immigration problem in Sweden at the Michael savage website-where the high cost of immigration (in this case legal) is taking its toll on the country. I hope people take the time to read it and do their own research, as well.

This is coming to our country soon enough if unchecked.

Ps, I liked the earlier posts on Kennedy and Reagan- both parties sure have changed over the years.

Last edited by floridasandy; 11-02-2014 at 02:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 02:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
If you vote for democrats this election, you are effectively green lighting the issuance of millions of green cards---is that what you want? The cards have already been ordered.

Does anyone really think that is good for Americans????

With all their flaws, the only thing standing between us and millions more "citizens" are the republicans.

There is an interesting piece on the Muslim immigration problem in Sweden at the Michael savage website-where the high cost of immigration (in this case legal) is taking its toll on the country. I hope people take the time to read it and do their own research, as well.

This is coming to our country soon enough if unchecked.

Ps, I liked the earlier posts on Kennedy and Reagan- both parties sure have changed over the years.
The last amnesty issued was done by a Republican president. You can't simply make that fact vanish.

So...whatever.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:02 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,196,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Trickle down has been working big time for the millions of people in China. For evidence, just look at all the pollution in their water and air.

Yeah, so?

Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

Hmmm.....what exactly is one of the major difference between a 2nd Level Economy and a 3rd Level Economy?

Clean.

Obviously, you have no idea what "clean" means in Economics.

But, hey....look at the bright side....when China starts taking all of your 3rd Level Economy jobs (while India takes your remaining 2nd Level jobs), their pollution levels will decline.

Aren't you thrilled?

You should be.

You know, that will happen faster if you raise minimum wage and then let government interfere more in the economy.

I'll bet you condemn child labor, too.

In days gone by, while in a ZERO Level Economy, your entire freaking clan would have died and been removed from the Gene Pool due to starvation or starvation-induced disease, just because you have some fantastical nonsensical "thing" about child labor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Do any liberal economists notice that an increase of 11 million in the labor pool increases the supply and thus inhibits the increase in average wages?
That would true only in the latter phases of a ZERO Level Economy.

The Skill-sets in existence then were:

War-Lord
Warrior
Priest/Priestess
Prostitute
Farm Worker

Today, we have 800+ Skill-sets.

If we look at a graph, we see a bell-shaped curve heavily -- exaggerated -- skewed to the left. As you progress through the Economic Levels, that curve shifts to center, and then just slightly to the right.

If those 11 Million all had the CEO Skill-set then CEOs would get paid $7.25/hour, or be off-shored to take advantage of the 1.5 Billion CEOs in China and the 1 Billion CEOs in India.

You seriously believe those 11 Million are competing against me?

A few have died, so that leaves about 34 people on Earth with my particular special expertise, which is why I can charge $750/hour (and I'm at the low end --- some go for $1200+/hour).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Many businesses have "just sat" on funds.

They are waiting for Obama to be out of office and then see what direction the country moves toward.
No, that is not why.

There are two primary reasons.The first is due to the unprecedented level of uncertainty in the US created by Obama during his 8 years.

I guarandamntee you that will not change one bit when Obama leaves office.

You're going to have a cogent Energy Policy after Obama leaves office?

No, wrong, that's not going to happen and I don't care who you elect. Only the deluded and neurotic think it would change.

In the first place, you can't even develop a cogent Energy Policy until you are in the 5th Level Economy.

I was mistaken when I said it would be 20 years from the day you pry the federal government loose public education. I realized that when I was discussing the paradigms of the Old Guys and the first US Geo-Strategy (the Pacific Plan).

It's going to take 20 years just educate people to a point to where they can educate those to enter the 5th Level Economy.

Figure 40-45 years ---about a Generation, which is the norm, actually if you look at history.

This uncertainty created by the lack of a clear concise Energy Policy, originated with the Bush Administration and has been made worse by the Obama Administration.

That is not nearly as bad as the uncertainty Obama created with the ACA.

A number of regulations governing the implementation of the ACA have been delayed by Executive Orders signed by Obama, which exacerbated the climate of uncertainty already caused by Obamacare. It will require Executive Orders from a new Administration to countermand them, and you have no guarantees that any Administration --- Democrat or Republican -- will do that.

Healthcare in general creates uncertainty. What you need is to repeal this and all related laws and legislation:

"Amounts paid by an employer on account of premiums on insurance on the life of the employee...may not exceed five per cent of the employee’s annual salary or wages determined without the inclusion of insurance and pension benefits."

Source: War Labor Reports, Reports and Decisions of the National War Labor Board (Washington, D.C.: The Bureau of National Affairs, 4, 1943) LXIV.

Source
: Office of Economic Stabilization, Regulations of the Part 4001 Relating to Wages and Salaries, Issued October 27, 1942; amended November 5 and November 30, 1942, Section 4001.1 (h) (2), War Labor Reports 4, XII.

Source: War Labor Reports, Reports and Decisions of the National War Labor Board, Section 1002.8, LXVIII.

The immediate effect is employers will incur increased costs.

Employers will pay higher worker's compensation premiums, higher SUTA premiums, higher FUTA premiums, and pay more money on FICA/HI taxes. Employers will also loose deductions, and thus pay more in corporate taxes.

Employees will pay higher FICA/HI and more individual taxes.

While it sounds bad, it's all good.

That will force healthcare, specifically the health plan coverage component of healthcare closer to a Free Market, where costs will be less for health plan coverage. That will not prevent the hospital monopoly run by Obama's friends in the American Hospital Association from price-gouging you to death, but will reduce Demand, and cause other positive effects with the lack of tax subsidies.

See this...

Quote:
1995: LG gains a 58 percent controlling stake in Zenith by buying $351 million in stock.

Nov 14, 1999 - What's an American industrial icon worth? Try 200 million bucks. That's what LG Electronics paid when it acquired Zenith in a bankruptcy.
That is Reason Numero Uno why corporations hoard cash.

What is the only thing in this Universe that will stop South Korean LG Corp from buying up Zenith stocks, and closing factories and putting Americans out of work?

Cash.

And lots of it.

So, yeah.....let's criticize the 3% of businesses in the US that are publicly traded corporations for hoarding cash and trying to protect what few jobs Americans have left.

Evidently....

Mircea

Old 11-02-2014, 03:18 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,784,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAllenDoudna View Post
Very entertaining. Are you aware that nearly all of those tax breaks were passed by Democrat-controlled Congresses and signed into law by Democrat Presidents? From 2009-2011 the Democrats had lockholds on the House of Representatives, the Senate, and the Presidency. If getting rid of these tax breaks was so important to the Democrats why didn't they do so at that time? Democrats also had similar control from 1993-1995 and from 1977-1981.
Are you saying that if Democrats pass them they don't exist?

I mean, it's amazing that you consider the infographic to be beneath your intellect and yet your entire response consists of 'the Democrats did it', as if placing blame is more important than actually discussing the issue.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:06 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,196,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Trickle down doesn't work at all for a particular country in a globalized economy.
It's working just fine for 6 Billion other people. If you aren't one of them, sucks to be you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Because the rich keep the extra money, fire as many people as they can so they can have even more, and then hold the economy hostage when the market crashes due to unequal wealth distribution.
No Market has ever crashed due to "unequal wealth distribution."

Quote:
It's a lie that some people are still dumb enough to believe in.
Wealth Inequality? Yeah, it is a lie and people believe because they're too ignorant to know the difference between Income and Wealth.

Quote:
Everyone already knows this. You are probably the only person on this thread who thinks that this is a major revelation.
But everyone doesn't know it. You don't...and here's proof....

Quote:
Which liberal policies are responsible for all of this work going to China and India, exactly? I mean, it couldn't possibly be that businesses prefer slave labor to honest labor. I mean, slavery is un-American! And yet, it continues to thrive in countries from which Americans buy their cheap goods.

If those liberals didn't keep getting in the way, we'd have more slavery in America so we could compete. But I guess that's what illegal immigrants are for.
Quote:
I don't really care enough about Kennedy or his reputation to look up whether or not ...
Regardless, all that I want to hear right now...
English translation: I have no idea what you're talking about but it sounds like I'm getting crushed so I'll just make up lame excuses and dodge the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Republicans say giving the rich lower tax rates than everyone else creates jobs and improves the economy.

But in reality new high demand products, new markets, and consumers spending money (that's what creates jobs and economic growth.)
From where do "new high demand products" come?

Do they fall out of the sky, or do they require money? From where does the money come?

And new Markets?

Finance, Advertising & Marketing Consultants: Let us see your books and credit rating.
Chad3-wan: [with a small wave of his hand] You don't need to see my books or credit rating.
Finance, Advertising & Marketing Consultants: We don't need to see his books or credit rating.
Chad3-wan: You will provide finance, advertising and marketing consultation and services for "free."
Finance, Advertising & Marketing Consultants: We will provide finance, advertising and marketing consultation and services for "free."
Chad3-wan: You don't need any money to run a business.
Finance, Advertising & Marketing Consultants: We don't need any money to run a business.
Chad3-wan: Everything is "free".
Finance, Advertising & Marketing Consultants: Everything is "free".... Everything is "free".

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
We live in a capitalist country, and capitalism/economic factors expand a business (automatically.)
No economy or business is automatically expanded.

Particularly...

Mircea

Old 11-02-2014, 04:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Trickle down has been working big time for the millions of people in China. For evidence, just look at all the pollution in their water and air.
All the more reason to push more jobs overseas right?

Old 11-02-2014, 04:31 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,854,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Maybe you're trolling, but "trickle down" only had a hope of working in a closed economy--what the US had been in the early 80s.

Trickle down doesn't work at all for a particular country in a globalized economy.
Can you identify a time when trickle down worked before an open economy?

Old 11-02-2014, 04:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Can you identify a time when trickle down worked before an open economy?
Its no coincidence that much of the world weath is centralized in the USA..

Old 11-02-2014, 04:49 PM

Why trickle down economic NEVER worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5oOLs2ns14

Old 11-02-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Its no coincidence that much of the world weath is centralized in the USA..
Not true!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distrib...ion2000PPP.gif
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies