Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 03:20 PM

17,622 posts, read 17,656,125 times

Advertisements

Think counsel member, school board, judge, DA, etc. Do you vote straight party line or do you look at each candidate and vote for the best choice regardless of political party? This doesn't include state legislature, governor, nor US Legislatures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 03:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
I vote non partisan for every office below governor.

I don't even know the party affiliation of the judges, mine inspector, state reps and senators, mayor, council, sheriff, manager, Corp commission and other crap like that.

For example, I haven't heard anything about the mines negatively..so I just vote for the guy who is already in office. Same with the other stuff.

I only care about party at the governor level and higher.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:25 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
In ALL elections, I vote for the person, not the party.
In referendums, I vote MY opinion, completely disregarding what some rich damfool from the East Coast has to say about it.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:28 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Think counsel member, school board, judge, DA, etc. Do you vote straight party line or do you look at each candidate and vote for the best choice regardless of political party? This doesn't include state legislature, governor, nor US Legislatures.

I vote by mail

I just vote against whoever is currently in office.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:39 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I vote by mail

I just vote against whoever is currently in office.
That, too, quite often.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:08 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
For local government I'm pretty nonpartisan. I look at what the individual is saying, doing & their platform. For statewide or national positions I tend to vote either Democrat or Independent. I would never vote for a conservative at the state or national level... Doing so would be against my interest...

Old 11-03-2014, 09:17 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Many local elections are non partisan elections. I tend to look at people's background experience and what their goals are for the position they are running for.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:21 PM

952 posts, read 942,371 times
Straight Party line, all the way from National elections down to local dogcatcher,

Communist Party

Old 11-03-2014, 10:33 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
I take the local stuff more serious than the statewide or national stuff. I read their positions on the issues in the voter pamphlets and study hard on the local propositions. These are the ones that will kill you quick if you don't pay attention.
Local politicians and issues affect you more than wider political offices.
I admit, circuit court judge and county assessor get a cursory glance but when it comes to Attorney general, state offices that represent your county, then that matters. We have almost total mail in ballots in this state that are sent out real early. I think I sent my ballot in about two weeks ago after studying it for about a week.
Not all my votes were Democrat.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I take the local stuff more serious than the statewide or national stuff. I read their positions on the issues in the voter pamphlets and study hard on the local propositions. These are the ones that will kill you quick if you don't pay attention.
Local politicians and issues affect you more than wider political offices.
I admit, circuit court judge and county assessor get a cursory glance but when it comes to Attorney general, state offices that represent your county, then that matters. We have almost total mail in ballots in this state that are sent out real early. I think I sent my ballot in about two weeks ago after studying it for about a week.
Not all my votes were Democrat.
I have to agree, where I live we are getting a new light rail line, so I voted for those that would be more in favor of development in hopes that will lead to having politicians pushing for new development around those transit stops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies