Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2014, 08:58 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times

Advertisements

It's so cute the way denialists think showing me more denialism means I'm going to say "Well, if TWO Republicans say so then it must be true" or something.

Anyway, James Inhofe is an idiot and a fraud. Selected excerpts:

Quote:
Calling it a “groundbreaking report,” the document said, “The over 700 dissenting scientists are more than 13 times the number of UN scientists (52)who authored the media-hyped IPCC 2007 Summary for Policymakers.

This Senate report is not a list of scientists, but a report that includes full biographies of each scientist and their quotes, papers and links for further reading,” said the document, dated March 2009. “The distinguished scientists featured in this new report are experts in diverse fields.”

One of the listed prominent scientists is Chris Allen, who holds no college degree, believes in creationism and belongs to a Southern Baptist church.

Allen is a weatherman at the FOX-affiliated TV station in Bowling Green, Ky.
- See more at: Sen. Inhofe Lists Creationists as Prominent Scientists in Global Warming Report on EthicsDaily.com
Or there's this:

Quote:
Eliason: Senator, we’re going to talk about your book for a minute, you state in your book which by the way is called The Greatest Hoax, you state in your book that one of your favorite Bible verses, Genesis 8:22, ‘while the earth remaineth seed time and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease,’ what is the significance of these verses to this issue?
Inhofe: Well actually the Genesis 8:22 that I use in there is that ‘as long as the earth remains there will be seed time and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, day and night,’ my point is, God’s still up there. The arrogance of people to think that we, human beings, would be able to change what He is doing in the climate is to me outrageous.
U.S. senator: God says that there can’t be global warming « Why Evolution Is True

The Republican Inhofe was shown to be a liar and a fraud years ago. No doubt his fans think he merits being taken seriously because he's a Republican and denialists believe what they're told to believe, but I wouldn't take his word for it if he told me water was wet. I laughed when I saw someone was acting like he should be taken seriously.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:38 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Despite the warmers message of doom and apocalypse, critically thinking people gave them the brush off. Seems the warmers have been crying wolf all to long and they got shellacked as well.

Climate change supporters suffer losses | TheHill
The AGW hoax is pure politics and people are waking up to that fact. Most voters don't care to support the rich elite who are reaping millions from this hoax.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:56 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
It's so cute the way denialists think showing me more denialism means I'm going to say "Well, if TWO Republicans say so then it must be true" or something.
It's so cute the way alarmists think showing me more alarmism means I'm going to say "Well, if TWO Democrats say so then it must be true" or something.

Quote:
The Republican Inhofe was shown to be a liar and a fraud years ago. No doubt his fans think he merits being taken seriously because he's a Republican and denialists believe what they're told to believe, but I wouldn't take his word for it if he told me water was wet. I laughed when I saw someone was acting like he should be taken seriously.
The Democrat Gore was shown to be a liar and a fraud years ago. No doubt his fans think he merits being taken seriously because he's a Democrat and alarmist believe what they're told to believe, but I wouldn't take his word for it if he told me water was wet. I laughed when I saw someone was acting like he should be taken seriously.

See how your silly post works both ways?

Old 11-08-2014, 10:09 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:

Anyway, James Inhofe is an idiot and a fraud. Selected excerpts:

Or there's this:
U.S. senator: God says that there can’t be global warming « Why Evolution Is True

meanwhile even the scientists at NASA say its natural and most likely not man made

Earth's Fidgeting Climate - NASA Science

when the alarmists show you a graph going up,up,up
show them this....straight from NASA

its like when the alarmists scream co2....omg.....co2

Old 11-08-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
meanwhile even the scientists at NASA say its natural and most likely not man made

This doesn't make the Republican Inhofe a credible source, in fact it doesn't defend Inhofe at all. You quoted me for no reason, because your post has nothing at all to do with what I said. But since you brought it up...

It's interesting that you cleave to one or two scientists who you think are telling you what you want to hear rather than pay attention to the findings of all the rest.

I found this at the end of your own citation, by the way.
Quote:
"There are always people -- and reasonable people -- who fall on both sides of the argument," agreed Abdalati. "And there are reasons for that. So the best we can hope for is a consensus."
The consensus does not support claims made by Republican frauds and their minions. Once again denialists have failed to show their claims have merit.

And there's also this:
Quote:
Most scientists agree that no single piece of data will likely resolve the global warming debate. In the end, the best we can expect is a scientific consensus based on a preponderance of evidence.
The preponderance of evidence contradicts the claims of Republicans, I'm afraid. Right wing fail.

PS. That article is 14 years old, so it cannot possibly address any research done after that.

Old 11-08-2014, 12:40 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
This doesn't make the Republican Inhofe a credible source, in fact it doesn't defend Inhofe at all. You quoted me for no reason, because your post has nothing at all to do with what I said. But since you brought it up...

It's interesting that you cleave to one or two scientists who you think are telling you what you want to hear rather than pay attention to the findings of all the rest.

I found this at the end of your own citation, by the way.

The consensus does not support claims made by Republican frauds and their minions. Once again denialists have failed to show their claims have merit.

And there's also this:

The preponderance of evidence contradicts the claims of Republicans, I'm afraid. Right wing fail.

PS. That article is 14 years old, so it cannot possibly address any research done after that.
I don't even know who Inhofe is....the fact that I am debating is that the earth has evolved and its climate has changed NATURALLY...and you have yet to PROVE that man has thing one to do with it

I believe in climate change...I don't belive that man has caused it, or is causing it....it is natural

prove otherwise

Old 11-08-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I don't even know who Inhofe is.
And I do. That's why I dismissed a link to his website as proof of anything at all.

Quote:
I believe in climate change...I don't belive that man has caused it, or is causing it....it is natural

prove otherwise
It's your claim, you back it up. This belief of yours, it's based on . . . what?

Old 11-08-2014, 04:29 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:

Good grief, you had to go back 14 years to support your denial? That should tell you something.

Here is something a bit more up to date... Long-Term Climate Warming Trend Sunstained in 2013 - NASA Science

Old 11-08-2014, 09:35 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:

Putting up graphs can be a dangerous thing for something you don't realize is also illustrated by your second graph .i,e, One of the great puzzles in paleo-climate and in fact a lot of paleo-disciplines. It called the Permian-Triassic boundary and an event in the history of life called the Great Permian die-off. At the Permian-Triassic boundary there was a sharp increase in CO2 levels (methane and sulfides as well) . The result as the graph shows is a spike in temperature, sea water acidity (not shown) and the fossil record shows that 90% of all species whether on land or in the seas died and went extinct. Mankind will match this change in our world's atmospheric CO2 content by the 22nd century if the rate we are burning fossil fuels remains unchanged. If there is any growth in the consumption of fossil fuels mankind will shoot through this CO2 level and raise it to the levels seen last in the Ordovician epoch when there was no life on land.

Anyone who thinks that putting this world and its ecosystems through a rerun of the conditions of the Permian-Triassic boundary and the Great Permian Die-off must have a DEATH wish for his children's children and the human race. Or he believes that GOD will come in his Heavenly spaceship and wisk them to safety.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:59 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
And these fools wonder why they lost it all. Snickering at all the obagging braindead botboys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies