Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 11:16 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times

Advertisements

Lets see you guys deny this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v-w8Cyfoq8

Old 11-09-2014, 07:43 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I don't even know who Inhofe is....the fact that I am debating is that the earth has evolved and its climate has changed NATURALLY...and you have yet to PROVE that man has thing one to do with it

I believe in climate change...I don't belive that man has caused it, or is causing it....it is natural

prove otherwise
This is precisely why arguing this subject with AGW sycophants is such a colossal waste of time.
This had absolutely NOTHING to do with Inhofe other than the fact that his page was the reference origin for the quotations. There were 23 odd scientists listed who gave pretty damning testimony against the AGW warmists and you focus entirely on Inhofe because it's easier to slam him than to address the points those scientists raised, such as the following...

“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly....As a scientist I remain skeptical...The main basis of the claim that man’s release of greenhouse gases is the cause of the warming is based almost entirely upon climate models. We all know the frailty of models concerning the air-surface system.” - Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology, and formerly of NASA, who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called “among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years.”

“It is a blatant lie put forth in the media that makes it seem there is only a fringe of scientists who don’t buy into anthropogenic global warming.” - U.S Government Atmospheric Scientist Stanley B. Goldenberg of the Hurricane Research Division of NOAA.

“Many [scientists] are now searching for a way to back out quietly (from promoting warming fears), without having their professional careers ruined.” - Atmospheric physicist James A. Peden, formerly of the Space Research and Coordination Center in Pittsburgh.

“All those urging action to curb global warming need to take off the blinkers and give some thought to what we should do if we are facing global cooling instead.” - Geophysicist Dr. Phil Chapman, an astronautical engineer and former NASA astronaut, served as staff physicist at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)

“Creating an ideology pegged to carbon dioxide is a dangerous nonsense...The present alarm on climate change is an instrument of social control, a pretext for major businesses and political battle. It became an ideology, which is concerning.” - Environmental Scientist Professor Delgado Domingos of Portugal, the founder of the Numerical Weather Forecast group, has more than 150 published articles.

And it goes on and on...I'm not gonna repost the whole thing again

If you want to make this about Inhofe instead, you need to prove how he coerced or paid off all of these scientists to say the things they did. But you would RATHER make it about Inhofe because it's much easier to malign one man than it is 20-something scientists. (and no, those 20-something scientists do not represent the entirety of the skeptical movement, they are just an example)

Old 11-09-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Yet for the past 16 years there has been less warming than the past 30-60 despite the same or more CO2 being emitted.

Which, in this case, illustrates one thing... the Earth's climate cannot be reduced to a simplistic experiment under controlled conditions with was designed to explain things to children and then offered up as some sort of unimpeachable evidence of AGW leading to dangerous warming.

Fail.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:05 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Quote:

This actually is a good example of post-normal science! Gore and Nye faked a simple lab experiment and lied about the results!

Old 11-09-2014, 08:44 AM

Actually I've done that experiment myself...The only thing I did different is I used the sun rather than heat lamps, and used the CO2 from my welder.....It is not faked, and I doubt that Gore has ever done any experiment in his life.... Why do you people think you can get away with idiotic statements like this without backing them up with evidence?....We see right thru you.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Actually I've done that experiment myself...The only thing I did different is I used the sun rather than heat lamps, and used the CO2 from my welder.....It is not faked, and I doubt that Gore has ever done any experiment in his life.... Why do you people think you can get away with idiotic statements like this without backing them up with evidence?....We see right thru you.
So once again, you believe that a simplistic science experiment, designed to explain things to children should be offered up as some sort of unimpeachable evidence of AGW leading to dangerous warming?

You think that a simplistic science experiment approximates the chaotic behavior and all of the influences on the Earth's climate that scientists don't even fully understand yet?

You think the dynamics of how AGW interacts with the Earth's climate can be summed up by sealing a plastic toy globe in a glass mason jar with a thermometer and a CO2 pump?

Old 11-09-2014, 09:06 AM

1,152 posts, read 1,278,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The truth is, most of these voters are barely smarter than primates, and they just vote the way they were trained to vote.

Voting against their own best wishes is specifically how they've been trained by FOX, Rush, Beck, and a host of other forms of media, both electronic and print.
I just can't figure out where the left gets this elitist reputation they have!

Old 11-09-2014, 09:10 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Quote:

Then you are as clueless (or mendacious) as Gore and Nye - replace your CO2 with Argon and get back to us with the results.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
So once again, you believe that a simplistic science experiment, designed to explain things to children should be offered up as some sort of unimpeachable evidence of AGW leading to dangerous warming?

You think that a simplistic science experiment approximates the chaotic behavior and all of the influences on the Earth's climate that scientists don't even fully understand yet?

You think the dynamics of how AGW interacts with the Earth's climate can be summed up by sealing a plastic toy globe in a glass mason jar with a thermometer and a CO2 pump?
No, it merely confirms that CO2 is indeed a greenhouse gas.... The more CO2, the higher the temperature.....This type of experiment has been done by NOAA and many others. It has also been done with methane....

Here is a different experiment that illustrates how CO2 blocks infrared....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeYfl45X1wo

Old 11-09-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Then you are as clueless (or mendacious) as Gore and Nye - replace your CO2 with Argon and get back to us with the results.
Why would I do that? Argon is abundant in the atmosphere, but like oxygen and nitrogen and unlike CO2 and methane it does not trap infrared (heat).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies