Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 08:48 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,952,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Serge View Post
She lost because Texastanis are low-info, apathetic voters who are willing to let poor people die, let the environment keep getting trashed, let fertilizer plants continue to blow up, et cetera if that means...

*cue the movie announcer reverb*

SAAAAAAAVING THE FEEEEEETTTTTTUUUUUSSSSSESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!oneoneone!! !1111`11!one!

There's a reason I'm working on my move out of this place.
I agree and I live here too. Texans vote Republican because that's the way things are done around here, no questions asked, no critical thinking and no ****s given. Glad I was raised in MA.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:49 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,299,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I was referring to the Governor race. Today's Austin American Statesman says Bush got 50% in the 1998 Governor's race.

I don't know, the only information I find on it is he won 50 percent in El Paso.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:50 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,299,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I agree and I live here too. Texans vote Republican because that's the way things are done around here, no questions asked, no critical thinking and no ****s given. Glad I was raised in MA.

Sarcasm?

Old 11-08-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Exactly right. She has absolutely NO personal integrity nor any concept of same.
That's funny when Greg Abbot is a slime ball who makes men pay child support for children that aren't theirs, tries to unseat judges who hold their moral ground against him, tries to intimidate anyone who goes against him and forces people to sign statements that they did not write and don't agree with. Texans were so busy voting against Obama and Democrats that the just put a corrupt slime ball in office. Don't believe me, look it up.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Sarcasm?
Not exactly...I converse with people here and I so think most of them vote Republican because that's how it's been done. Their parents did it and their grandparents did it. It's tradition for them. Most people aren't into politics too much...they vote but don't pay too much attention.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:07 AM

17,455 posts, read 9,290,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Texas is not majority White FYI.
We are a minority/majority state.

Abbott got 48% of the Hispanic vote.

You don't know much about Demographics in Texas do you ?
Abbott got 44.4% of the Hispanic vote - it was John Cornyn who got 48% of the Hispanic vote, against a Hispanic opponent.

San Antonio, TX is the 7th most populous City in the Nation - it is 64% Hispanic. The Dem Candidate for Lt Governor (and running with Wendy Davis) is from San Antonio. Davis & Vann de Putte both LOST in San Antonio.

I actually don't think there are many "Democrats" left -- it's all "Progressives" now.
It's a sure bet that none of them have a clue about Texas OR Texans.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:08 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,207,874 times
Quote:
How do they do things in MA? They voted for a Republican governor, replacing a Dem.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:13 AM

40,956 posts, read 49,260,682 times
Quote:
Not exactly...I converse with people here and I so think most of them vote Republican because that's how it's been done. Their parents did it and their grandparents did it. .
Sorry but Texas Grandparents were predominately Democrat until about 1980 like most of the south.
Maybe you could do some research about TX Governors and politics since you decided to move here.

So much for your theory.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:18 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,891,374 times
Quote:
That's funny when Greg Abbot is a slime ball who makes men pay child support for children that aren't theirs, tries to unseat judges who hold their moral ground against him, tries to intimidate anyone who goes against him and forces people to sign statements that they did not write and don't agree with. Texans were so busy voting against Obama and Democrats that the just put a corrupt slime ball in office. Don't believe me, look it up.
Why bother? What's done is done.

I am no fan of Greg Abbot--I didn't vote for either him nor ultra-puko Wendy Davis.

He's just the lesser of the two evils. If Abbot and Davis had been the only 2 choices, Abbot would have gotten my vote just because he IS the lesser of the two evils.

She was so repulsive, smarmy and disgusting that had she been the only choice, I would have left the ballot blank.

Anybody is better than Davis and BHO, no matter WHO they are.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:24 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,770,934 times
Quote:
And you think it's different anywhere else? Most people vote Dem or Rep based on emotion. It's that way everywhere. You are extremely naive to think it's different with Dems or in another state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies