Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 12:16 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Never. Lalalalalala
well that's fine. Not sure if it is necessary to argue. My fav brand is Puccini Bomboni, but it is only personal taste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 12:23 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well that's fine. Not sure if it is necessary to argue. My fav brand is Puccini Bomboni, but it is only personal taste.
Scharffen Berger. Yeah I know it's only one of a handfull of America's bean to bar chocolate.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:27 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'm an American who recently moved to Brussels. The quality of life here is so much better. Nice, dense neighborhoods, good public transit, very little signs of poverty, well paid workers, polite manners, sensible laws about guns, much lower rate of violent crime - the list goes on. If only America wasn't infested with ignorant republican yahoos, it too could enjoy the full benefits of being a western democracy. It's such a shame the non Yankee element keeps America from reaching it's potential.
Bolded is perhaps a traveler's point of view. As a traveler and an artist, I have to say that Europeans definitely have the most beautiful city views, richer history, and OH, my God, best museums!!!!

These pictures are from my personal album,

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...316-euro9.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...15-europe.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...317-euro3.html

and Europeans have the best chocolate.

But the lifestyles are different, the cultures are different. So you can't really directly compare US life and European life.

Cafe and pubs are great in Europe, but I would still think America is such a much better country to live, especially when you know how to save, and invest. Just my .02.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:30 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
I'm an American who recently moved to Brussels. The quality of life here is so much better. Nice, dense neighborhoods, good public transit, very little signs of poverty, well paid workers, polite manners, sensible laws about guns, much lower rate of violent crime - the list goes on. If only America wasn't infested with ignorant republican yahoos, it too could enjoy the full benefits of being a western democracy. It's such a shame the non Yankee element keeps America from reaching it's potential.
Feel free to walk into the US Embassy of your choice and renounce your citizenship if you like the Eurotrash that much.

And most of the problems erupt from minorities who vote liberal. Think of those yahoos for a moment.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
But I just heard in FOX 'news' that US economy is terrible, and everything else is terrible too, and getting worse.
It is.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:32 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,190,673 times
Quote:
Odanny, you and I are pretty much on the same political wavelength. It's sad to be here and see what America could be if it just made a few sensible changes. It really is much nicer when some thought is put into having a higher quality of life for everyone, not just the richest citizens. Somehow, Belgium manages to provide a high quality of life for all of its citizens while still having an innovative, capitalist society.
"....just made a few sensible changes....."

Like what? Belgium has 11 million people. Interestingly enough its tax laws are favorable to corporations. That's why Apple routes all iTunes revenue through Brussels. They aren't the only company that does that. So Apple pays a bit of corporate tax which benefits that small population.

We have more than 11 million illegal immigrants. We have a gigantic border with a poor, corrupt country. What do you think would happen if Belgium bordered Mexico?

So you want national mass transit in the US? Is that easy to do? 97% of Belgium's population is urban. compare to the US. The population density of Belgium is 11 times higher than the US.

Does Belgium have 50 states, each with its own government, BY DESIGN?

There are millions of people in America that don't want to live in dense cities - like me. I don't accept, just because you think it is right, that we should depend as much on the government as many Europeans do. I like traveling the Europe. In the past year I have been to Switzerland, the UK, Ireland, Sweden, and the Czech Republic. Something to like in all of them. I could happily live in some of the places I have been. But that doesn't mean what those countries do could easily be applied to the US.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Odanny, you and I are pretty much on the same political wavelength. It's sad to be here and see what America could be if it just made a few sensible changes. It really is much nicer when some thought is put into having a higher quality of life for everyone, not just the richest citizens. Somehow, Belgium manages to provide a high quality of life for all of its citizens while still having an innovative, capitalist society.
Sensible?

It seems most of the US voted to restore sensible.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I spent some time in a Boston suburb, and I agree -- it's pretty similar. Why oh why though can't Dallas, Birmingham, etc. live a higher quality of life? Why must the yahoos insist on a worse quality of life?
Ask the liberal idiots who like to wreck their neighborhoods when things don't go their way.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:41 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Sensible?

It seems most of the US voted to restore sensible.
Most of the US didn't vote. In 2016, a higher percentage of the US population will vote and democrats will win and Democrats will win.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Most of the US didn't vote. In 2016, a higher percentage of the US population will vote and democrats will win and Democrats will win.
Vote for who?

Hillary?

She is damaged goods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies