Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 08:58 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,505 times

Advertisements

Bill Cosby did a sold out stand up show this weekend in Florida with out any protesters as the media predicted.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:01 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
This is just discrimination against the male gender and his native actions. .
Dude, watch what you call men's "native actions"! Some actions are against the law, know what I'm saying? Most men don't participate in those particular actions. Don't give us a bad name.

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:06 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Let me guess--the right-wingers are defending Cosby, despite 20+ accusations and counting.

Would it kill you guys to be on correct side of a topic, ever? Just once?
Just once, can you accept the "possibility" that not everything under the sky is about politics?!

Some of us (well I) just love Cosby show. Not defending him at all because I don't know what he has done in the past (do you?)

Old 11-24-2014, 09:14 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumshoe Lady View Post
If I ever get arrested I hope some of these posters are on the jury. lol.

Cosby is toast. It's all over now -

EXCLUSIVE: Ex-NBC employee Frank Scotti claims Bill Cosby paid off women, invited young models to dressing room as he stood guard

Bill Cosby paid off women says ex-NBC employee - NY Daily News
If that is all true, that would be his end. But he couldn't complain, he is old now and has never paid for his sins the way he should have...

Old 11-24-2014, 09:27 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,378,490 times
I don't think I'd take a jury trial on this, looking at some of the post comments.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:06 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,961 times
Bill Cosby told the hard truth about what the Left did to his community. So the Left and their media apparatchiks have set out to destroy him.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:35 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I don't care! He didn't do anything to me.

I just don't know why you'd wait 40, 30, 20, or 10 years to say someone did something to you. It's all just silly nonsense to me.
I don't think it's silly nonsense.

Can you even imagine the problems a young girl would face going to the authorities back then?

She goes to a TV executive ... "You telling me Bill Cosby drugged you and molested you, get out of here." There would be no need to go to the police, they wouldn't believe her either.

Thus far 17 women have come forward and one case Cosby settled out of court for an undisclosed amount of money in 2006.

I don't think a group of women, former associates of Bill Cosby, got together and decided ... let's trash Bill Cosby and destroy his reputation.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:45 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I don't care! He didn't do anything to me.

I just don't know why you'd wait 40, 30, 20, or 10 years to say someone did something to you. It's all just silly nonsense to me.
Because he's Bill Cosby, that's why. A lot of people don't come forward for years because they're intimidated by much humbler individuals than someone like an internationally-loved multi-millionaire. But if 12 other people came forward, hey, maybe I can swallow my anxiety and speak up too. I used to see that all the time when I was running the rape crisis center. One person would come forward and then half a dozen other victims would speak up too. Until the first one is brave enough to speak up, everyone else thinks she's the only one and nobody will believe her. Worse, maybe she DID speak up and nobody believed her.

Last edited by Cliffie; 11-24-2014 at 11:53 AM..

Old 11-24-2014, 11:27 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Cosby is innocent till proven guilty.

Does anyone remember the 'needle in a pop can' scare from the 1990's?

Reports of Needles in Soda Cans Climb - NYTimes.com

One person claimed it, and then dozens of others glommed on. It was all a bunch of petty con artists looking for a payday.
Yes, indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, that's his own fault. Why pay someone off in the past if he was innocent?
When you are sued for something you did not do, then you will understand.

Quote:
I think they should do a lie detector test.
Wouldn't work.

Quote:
Currently he comes across as just another Jesse Jackson...
Or just another Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Wow....I seriously hope none of you have daughters. It disgusts me to think that you wouldn't believe them if they accused they were raped.
Emotionally ill people are always suspect, even when they are your own children.

Seriously...

Mircea

Old 11-24-2014, 11:27 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,450,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Do we have individuals that are just too rich/powerful to ever see justice? There are plenty of stories and information coming out about Mr. Cosby such as: Bill Cosby or Bill Cosby facing litany of allegations; 10th accuser comes forward - wptv.com. Should his legacy be that of the family man that promoted family values or that of the (alleged) rapist that took advantage of his power and wealth?

His accusers come forward from different walks of life; but all seem to tell of similar MO's. I am not a judge or a jury. I do have to ask why there is no judge, jury or official inquiry?

I met him once and he was a big jerk. He hates kids and is a prima donna. That said I have no clue if he did this to women personally, but since he is a jerk most folks assume it is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies