Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 08:35 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
That's your opinion. I disagree with continuing to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Personally, I think the ultimate fix will require a change in the birthright citizenship issue. I've always thought the litmus test should be if at least one parent is a citizen. That would do it but since changing that means an amendment to the Constitution, it's unlikely to happen. I, of course, understand the rationale for the 14th Amendment back when it was passed but much like the Prohibition Amendment, it's no longer good for the country. Until then, we're looking at more amnesty bills that do precisely nothing to solve the illegal immigration problem in this country.
Exactly!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 08:55 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
One lady is having a fit because it doesn't include "full benefits" and she thinks having to pay the taxes is unfair because it's like charging them to be with their own families. Just thought you'd all enjoy being informed of those things too.
So they want to be in the U.S. but don't want to pay taxes. just what we need .. more of those kinds.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Can you agree with what he has said so far?

Here for a minimum of five years?
Pass a background check?

I see people on all sides of the argument not being happy with this.
Obama needed to say NO to any kind of amnesty for illegal aliens. Those people NEED to go back home then apply to come to the US assuming we even "need" then. Otherwise their kind just need to stay away: that goes for blonde hair blue eyed Swedes as well as dark skin Spanish speaking Indians.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:58 PM

He spoke during the Latin Gramy's. Pulling at his bases emotions. I was ready for violin music to play in the background.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:59 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,643,629 times
anyone who would support obama is not an American

Old 11-20-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No, that is not true.

He said he wanted even more border security than is already there.

He did not say the border is already secure.
Haven't you learned by now that what he says and does are 2 entirely different things?

wow, you really are Grubers.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:00 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,031,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So they want to be in the U.S. but don't want to pay taxes. just what we need .. more of those kinds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Obama needed to say NO to any kind of amnesty for illegal aliens. Those people NEED to go back home then apply to come to the US assuming we even "need" then. Otherwise their kind just need to stay away: that goes for blonde hair blue eyed Swedes as well as dark skin Spanish speaking Indians.
You know, makes me think of other countries' immigration policies. You must prove you're a benefit to the country - everything from having a significant personal worth to having some exceptional skill that the country needs. Why is Obama trying so hard to import people who would be a drain on our government resources? Makes no sense to me at all. This is one area where I think it would be beneficial to look at how other countries handle immigration.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:02 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
southbel"You know, makes me think of other countries' immigration policies. You must prove you're a benefit to the country - everything from having a significant personal worth to having some exceptional skill that the country needs."

Odd: Tens of millions of early 20th century Europeans who came here would fail that test.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:04 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,424,105 times
The average Canadian-loving liberal wouldn't qualify to emigrate to Canada. They wouldn't take them.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sorry but your pathetic Democrats and failed Harry Reid are still in charge of the Senate.

Why didn't the loser Democrats and Obama who had complete control of Congress pass this legislation back in 2009-2010?. 70% of the US no longer trusts this President.

Why didn't Democrats and Obama who had complete control of Congress pass this legislation back in 2009-2010?

^^^ They'll never answer that question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies