Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:45 AM

990 posts, read 940,567 times

Advertisements

Right now there's a measure in California to end the death penalty. I do not support it. I believe in Capital Punishment (which will surprise the right-wingers who like to call me a leftist even though my vote always goes to Libertarian candidates) not as a deterrant, but as a cleanser of filth and scum.

I believe the way it's used for murder is fine.

Here's what I think we should do to expand it:

Death penalty to anyone who violently assaults a child under 13 in any way, whether it's sexual or not.
Death penalty to anyone who violently rapes anyone, including prison rapes.
Death penalty to anyone convicted of a violent crime more than once.
Death penalty to anyone convicted of a violent crime coupled with a mentall illness or total lack of remorse.

Do you know how many murders would have been prevented with these three rules?
The following people would be among the thousands affected by this:
The kidnappers of Kaycee Dugard and alleged murderer of Ilene Mishelhoff and Michaela Garecht.
Richard Allen Davis would be dead and Polly Klass would be alive.
Gary Ridgway and his (minimum of) 49 murder victims.
Charles Rodman Campbell and his victims.
Westley Allan Dodd and his many victims.
The Catholic Church and its countless victims...
John Albert Gardner would be dead and Chelsea King and Amber Dubois would be alive.

I can keep going on, but you get the point. People (not just men, though it's usually middle-aged white men) who violently sexually assault a child clearly have no moral compass or self-control and they almost always graduate to murder. Imagine how much better off we'd be without those scumbuckets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 AM

876 posts, read 710,011 times
This does not surprise me that you feel this way at all. People on the extreme left have always been for killing the "undesirable" people of the world without any compassion.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 AM

78,546 posts, read 60,749,385 times
I support the DP so that it is available, resulting in people caught utterly red-handed being allowed to plea to life-no-parole when facing the DP.

If you do not have the DP on the books, what happens when you catch someone like the Green River Killer? You have zero leverage and you have to go through a trial and then parole hearings for decades blah blah blah. They also do not give closure by coming clean on other victims which is a big plus.

Tell me what you do with a guy like this when you have no DP on the books? almost 50 proven murders and maybe 100 total.
Gary Ridgway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-17-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
This does not surprise me that you feel this way at all. People on the extreme left have always been for killing the "undesirable" people of the world without any compassion.
Huh?
You're beyond help.
The "extreme left" is as anti-death penalty as possible.
Your side, however, is very pro death. Pro-war. Pro-gun. Pro death penalty.

Not only are you completely wrong on my political stance (I'm nowhere near the left, I'm a freaking Libertarian...but you're clearly not able to understand that), but you're completely wrong on your own

It's pathetic that you discuss politics when you obviously have no clue. You clearly have never read a single book on politics or history.

Supporting the Death Penalty is a Republican ideal!

Before you spout off at the mouth, it would help if you knew about even a tiny portion of what you're trying to say.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:48 AM

And Seahawkgirl, if you're a TEA Party "genius", it's their official platform to support a stronger death penalty.
Have you been right about a single thing since you've started posting here?

Old 10-17-2012, 10:49 AM

78,546 posts, read 60,749,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
You realize you are railing about a state that just voted against gay marriage as the "extreme left"?

Adding content is always appreciated, please join us in discussing the DP.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:53 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,454,672 times
With California's budget issues it needs to get serious about making its penal system more effective -- are expensive life sentences for three strikes offenders really making California safer? Is the expensive death penalty process really making California safer? California needs to forget principle and look in to whether it is actually getting the bang for the buck on some of its penal system policies.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
With California's budget issues it needs to get serious about making its penal system more effective -- are expensive life sentences for three strikes offenders really making California safer? Is the expensive death penalty process really making California safer? California needs to forget principle and look in to whether it is actually getting the bang for the buck on some of its penal system policies.

I'm not talking about California. I just brought up the measure to show that it's currently a relevant topic.

Notice that not all my examples were in California. It's a nationwide thing.
One of the problems with the death penalty is that the appeals process is far too long and costly. And the death itself costs too much.

Just lock these scum up in a room and let them rot. Child molesting psychotics and rapists don't deserve human rights because they're sub-human. Murderers gave up their right to life the moment they stole someone else's.

We spend billions a year policing Marijuana, but what we should really do is legalize it to free up the ~750,000 annual police man-hours dedicated to marijuana arrests to help protect us. That on top of stricter penalties for violent psychopaths would make us 100x safer.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:03 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,033,934 times
So if I'm not sorry for beating the snot out of some guy who just shot my daughter I get the death penalty but he says he's sorry so he doesn't? Well that makes complete sense.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So if I'm not sorry for beating the snot out of some guy who just shot my daughter I get the death penalty but he says he's sorry so he doesn't? Well that makes complete sense.
That's not a 1st degree murder
Even so, you're still guilty of murder and for not showing any restraint of your violent urges. It's justifiable homicide, but it's still homicide.

And good for you for completely ignoring the main point of the post which was "Child molestation and Rape should be capital offenses".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies