Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 04:15 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,713,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
They were caught up in the hype and the "he's the first" hysteria, and now can't admit they made such a huge mistake.
Good point! I think you have a certain pct of the population (15%) that would really fall into the "liberal" group. Most of his voters now do realize that he was just a new face, but a liar and a terrible leader. Unfortunately, Romney wasn't able to convince them of this in 2012. I think we are at a point where some in the media will turn on Obama and stop covering for him. The media hates to be on the wrong side of anything. This will end badly for Obama.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:25 PM

398 posts, read 630,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Good point! I think you have a certain pct of the population (15%) that would really fall into the "liberal" group. Most of his voters now do realize that he was just a new face, but a liar and a terrible leader. Unfortunately, Romney wasn't able to convince them of this in 2012. I think we are at a point where some in the media will turn on Obama and stop covering for him. The media hates to be on the wrong side of anything. This will end badly for Obama.
cult of personality plain and simple

Old 12-01-2014, 04:34 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,713,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blan View Post
cult of personality plain and simple
Obama's so bad that it may have awakened voters to actually vote with their brains instead of a trendy pick. Picking a president because he jokes around on late night with Letterman is like betting on a team because you like their uniform better. Holiday Inn Express could use Obama's failure in their new commercials!

"I don't follow politics, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night."

Old 12-01-2014, 04:38 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,788,293 times
Because it takes me about 0.0000001 second to recall what the GOP alternative looked like. No thanks, I'll stick with Obama.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:43 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,578,797 times
I started out not liking Obama. I like him a lot nowadays. Too bad the right can't see past their hatred.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:55 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,978,082 times
I firmly believe it's a hard wired thing. There is absolutely no way that so many political and social views are seen from different perspectives by each party. I consider myself a reasonable person and no matter the situation, no matter the scandal, or what a reasonable person would consider an error on the administration's part, there is always some kind of excuse and or reasoning.

I don't particularly follow the Obama haters but I feel as if they that both the defenders and haters are hard wired in a way that either party will ever fully agree. I just don't see for every political view, the left opposes or has a different stance. Therefore, it has to be socially hard bodied.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:04 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,897,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Maybe it has something to do with just how bad G.W Bush was. Almost the entire world literally threw a party when Bush left and Obama was elected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
It's a combination of what he has done, what he hasn't done, the pathetic things that the right attacks him for and my memories of Bush Jr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Because he's still better than John "Start a War with everyone we haven't already" McCain or Mitt "Increase spending but cut revenue" Romney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Because it takes me about 0.0000001 second to recall what the GOP alternative looked like. No thanks, I'll stick with Obama.
All of the above. And I'll add that while I am somewhat disappointed that the president turned out to be more right of center than I anticipated, and that he wasted too much time trying to compromise with Republicans who had no intention of ever working with him, he has accomplished a lot in the face of opposition that had no interest in anything other than making him fail. And he did it with class.

I have healthcare that I can afford now, which is something I had to do without for more than a decade before the ACA. Thank you, Mr. President.

All in all, given what he has faced, I'm satisfied with his performance.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:26 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,861,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
All of the above. And I'll add that while I am somewhat disappointed that the president turned out to be more right of center than I anticipated, and that he wasted too much time trying to compromise with Republicans who had no intention of ever working with him, he has accomplished a lot in the face of opposition that had no interest in anything other than making him fail. And he did it with class.

I have healthcare that I can afford now, which is something I had to do without for more than a decade before the ACA. Thank you, Mr. President.

All in all, given what he has faced, I'm satisfied with his performance.
Thank the people who are printing the money and those paying for insurance they don't need/want and can't afford...and wait a few more years.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:28 PM

595 posts, read 369,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
I started out not liking Obama. I like him a lot nowadays. Too bad the right can't see past their hatred.
Not sure why anyone is a fan of this president. Obama continued Bush's policy of bailing out CEOs on Wall St and elsewhere.

Obama continued Bush's interventionist foreign policy, especially in the Middle East by continuing to interfere in affairs that are of no business or interest to the U.S. (Israel/Palestine, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Ukraine, Sudan, Mali), and continues to prop up dictators in the Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Egypt, etc..). Those things, along with unlimited support to Israel (Obama has continued), has encouraged the Jihad to attack the U.S., and Obama continuing to fool with ISIS and sending the U.S. back to Iraq will just result in many more Americans dying unnecessarily. When Obama was elected I hoped he would get the U.S. out of the Middle East, but all Obama has done is out do Bush on interventionism.

Obama has continued, and increased spying programs that shred individual privacy rights, and the 4th Amendment. Hoped he might shelf these programs, however, Obama just expanded them even more.

Obama broke his promise to not have lobbyists, one example is having Tom Wheeler as head of the FCC. Mr. Wheeler was a big lobbyist for the cable/telecom industry, and has supported ending net neutrality, yet plenty of people somehow think the FCC is going to protect net neutrality.

When the ACA was being passed, despite his promises of transparency, it was anything but.

When Obama was elected I was not a fan, but I hoped he would surprise me. Unfortunately he has been a disappointment, and definitely one of the U.S.'s worst presidents, no better than the one before him.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:39 PM

30,158 posts, read 18,752,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blan View Post
Liberal fruitcake claims Obama is the bet president ever link to video - Obama greatest president ever - YouTube
I find the liberal love for Obama completely natural and expected, as liberal thought is predicated in irrational emotion and not common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies