Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 09:11 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,788,293 times

Advertisements

I think he is a damn good president. Not the best ever by any means, but nothing to be ashamed of. He has presided over a steady economic recovery, has gradually disentangled us from two wars, and brought grace and dignity to the office.

About the only thing I can say bad about the guy is that he is maybe too cerebral, and could be a little more easy to approach. His intellectual approach is why the good ol' boys can't relate to him. He could also be better at the fake emotions and dealmaking needed in Washington. Billy Bob was far better at that stuff. But he has Biden, who can connect pretty well, so it all works out.

After the relentless deceit and corruption of Rove / Bush / Cheney, Obama / Biden are a breath of fresh air.

Nice to have smart, decent men in the White House again!

Old 01-04-2015, 09:39 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,348,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
It's a combination of what he has done, what he hasn't done, the pathetic things that the right attacks him for and my memories of Bush Jr.

Actually this is right on the mark!

After the crap that Bush and Darth Cheney pulled off, Bullwinkle would have been welcomed in the White House. If you also mention the crazy refutican antics even BEFORE Obama took office and continues to this day, it is a wonder that sane people did not put his head on Mt Rushmore.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:26 PM

398 posts, read 630,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I think he is a damn good president. Not the best ever by any means, but nothing to be ashamed of. He has presided over a steady economic recovery, has gradually disentangled us from two wars, and brought grace and dignity to the office.

About the only thing I can say bad about the guy is that he is maybe too cerebral, and could be a little more easy to approach. His intellectual approach is why the good ol' boys can't relate to him. He could also be better at the fake emotions and dealmaking needed in Washington. Billy Bob was far better at that stuff. But he has Biden, who can connect pretty well, so it all works out.

After the relentless deceit and corruption of Rove / Bush / Cheney, Obama / Biden are a breath of fresh air.

Nice to have smart, decent men in the White House again!
i suppose his drone strikes on children as young as fifteen are wonderful in your eyes as well. I suppose 20 trillion dollars of debt is a big funny joke? do you think running guns to mexican drug cartels and ISIS is wonderful to? If so we have a different understanding of damn good.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,013,942 times
Sure; that is why Federal governments #1 priority is security of the nation. In time we will see defense budget back to Gulf War strength by spending driven by events.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:04 PM

398 posts, read 630,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Sure; that is why Federal governments #1 priority is security of the nation. In time we will see defense budget back to Gulf War strength by spending driven by events.
do you think that is a positive?

Old 02-09-2015, 07:33 PM

27,224 posts, read 15,401,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead

Nice to have smart, decent men in the White House

Quote:
Originally Posted by blan View Post
i suppose his drone strikes on children as young as fifteen are wonderful in your eyes as well. I suppose 20 trillion dollars of debt is a big funny joke? do you think running guns to mexican drug cartels and ISIS is wonderful to? If so we have a different understanding of damn good.

Are those part of that "grace and dignity"?

Old 02-09-2015, 08:48 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,980,013 times
Anyone stupid enough to vote for him is stupid enough to still think he's anything other than horrible.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:51 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,980,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead

Nice to have smart, decent men in the White House

Are those part of that "grace and dignity"?
It is truly mind boggling to see someone intelligent enough to participate on a message board assert that Obama is either smart or decent. He is neither.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:57 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,724,182 times
The great Oreo president. Touted himself as a black man yet ignored the poverty of the poor, black, lower class while sucking the tit of the white middle class. Yes, this half black president ridicules the Christian religious values of black and white Americans while heaping praises on the islamic, muslim religion of hate, fear and intolerance.

I suspect in the future the history books of this country will simply purge his presidency from them.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:09 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,586,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blan View Post
He said Obama, not Bush.

I suppose bombing wedding parties and civilian blocks of houses to get just one "suspect" insurgents home is cool with you? Grabbing some poor dork on a street in another country, or in his home, just because some clown said he was a terrorist is cool too? Taking a "suspect" to some 3rd world country to torture him because ne "might" know something is good with you too? Ever ask yourself how may "suspects" that did not know anything never came back from these torture sites? Cool right? How about Blackwater Machine gunning families in cars, just because they are coming in their direction, or look suspicious? What about the Bush arms purchase of undocumented AK47s, thousands, bought in Europe by the CIA, with taxpayer money, and ended up in the hands of Al Queda ? Lets not forget Abu Gharib prison, and the atrocities committed on Prisoners there, and the cases of where Bush interrogators beat them to death, trying to get information many of them never had, because they where not guilty of anything, and just picked up for being "suspicious" or near some event.

One could go on and on and on, about the Bush Cartel and Adolf Cheney, and Obama could not match what he did in 100 terms of office if he tried real hard.

As far as Debt, Bush bankrupted America, and left it in ruin for Obama to fix. You have no valid point to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies