Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 09:10 PM

398 posts, read 629,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
It is truly mind boggling to see someone intelligent enough to participate on a message board assert that Obama is either smart or decent. He is neither.
people are often indoctrinated. they can be intelligent and it takes an intelligent person to fool themselves with many faux ideals. you have to be intelligent to make yourself believe absurdity after absurdity

Old 02-09-2015, 09:11 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,578,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I suspect in the future the history books of this country will simply purge his presidency from them.
If that's what you suspect, I have advice for you. Never play cards, don't gamble at all, never pick stocks to buy, and don't make any decisions without help.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:26 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,578,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Anyone stupid enough to vote for him is stupid enough to still think he's anything other than horrible.
So you voted for Romney? And that makes you smart? Mr. "I got a plan, but can't tell you what is is." Mitt the Twitt? "Ship Jobs Overseas" Mitt? The guy who puts his money in offshore banks to cheat on taxes? That Mitt? The same Mitt that invests "off shore" and not in the American economy? That Mitt? The Mitt that could not remember what important Agencies he wanted to change? The same Mitt who got "slaughtered " in every debate he had?

And you have the nerve to call others stupid? Duh!!

That's just sooo funny...

Old 02-09-2015, 09:28 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,773,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blan View Post
Liberal fruitcake claims Obama is the bet president ever link to video - Obama greatest president ever - YouTube
I dunno what to tell you. When I voted for him both times, I considered it a vote for mediocrity. And I feel like I've got exactly what I voted for. How often can you say that of a politician?

But hey, mediocrity is a huge upgrade compared to active destruction like we had with the previous guy.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:49 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,705,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I dunno what to tell you. When I voted for him both times, I considered it a vote for mediocrity. And I feel like I've got exactly what I voted for. How often can you say that of a politician?

But hey, mediocrity is a huge upgrade compared to active destruction like we had with the previous guy.
You may want to get offa Farmville for a while cause the destruction is still going on and it's only getting worse.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
You may want to get offa Farmville for a while cause the destruction is still going on and it's only getting worse.
well he does call himself turkey head

Old 02-09-2015, 11:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Quote:
cult of personality plain and simple
Yep... cult of personality. A media made image all for cult of personality.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep... cult of personality. A media made image all for cult of personality.
people have been raised on mass media so long many will jump off a building id one of their polished smiling talking heads told them to.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:00 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,534,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
They're too invested.

Imagine forcefully promoting something (or in this case, someone) with everything you have. You put your heart and soul into telling everyone how wonderful that something (or someone) is for years and years. You defend it (or him/her) unconditionally, often in the face of intense opposition.

Then you find out the truth.

To admit that you were wrong in that situation would be nearly the same thing as admitting that you're an idiot, and that you weren't just duped (nobody's immune from being scammed), but you actively and passionately promoted the lies. Who's going to do that? No, it's much easier to keep on doing what you're doing, even though you know it's not the right thing to do. It's a compromise of integrity to save face, nothing more, and it's done because they let themselves get too invested in the cause to ever turn on it.
Wow! I don't feel that bad when the object is a woman. But a politician? LMAO. I don't care enough about any of them to feel anything, especially not butt-hurt. I imagine some people do. I don't understand it.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:27 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Quote:
people have been raised on mass media so long many will jump off a building id one of their polished smiling talking heads told them to.
When the media starts pushing anyone as the answer to all that is exactly when people should know its just media marketing. Unfortunately people can't admit they've bought into an image not the actual man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies