Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 12:16 AM

29,626 posts, read 16,607,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Black teens getting killed by cops happens so rarely that it is gobbled up by our media wh*res and professional race baiters as an opportunity to inflame tensions, promote violence and make a few extra bucks for the media "news" programs. Whites killed by blacks happens so often it isn't even news. No real surprise, especially when most of the brain-dead masses get their information from CNN or MSNBC. For this case to be news, whites need professional race baiters the likes of Jesse J or Al Sharpton, that want to make a few extra bucks when their moronic followers burn their own neighborhoods down.
Arent you being a race baiter and inflaming tensions right now with your post of putting forth a realiatory comment instead of a constructive one about the situation ?

And further more, the majority of people killed are done so by people they know.

12,664 deaths in 2011. 7,706 of them were the relationship is known(or there is known to not be a relationship).

552 wives killed by their husbands
108 husbands killed by their wives
123 mothers killed by their kids
130 fathers killed by their kids
263 sons killed by their parents
182 daughters killed by their parents
86 brothers killed by their siblings
29 Sisters killed by their siblings
279 other family relatives killed by relatives

2700 killed by someone they knew personally, but not closely
377 friends killed by friends
474 girlfriends killed by their boyfriends
161 boyfriends killed by their girlfriends
107 neighbors killed by neighbors
14 employers killed by employees
10 employees killed by employers

only 11.7 percent (or 1,400 people)of homicides are by people who dont know each other.

there were 448 Black on white deaths in that year, and we dont know if all 448 were known to their victims or not or why they were killed.

And isnt the rarity of the death the very reason it is covered. If something happens every day, then it isnt news which negates the very argument you were trying to make.

last but not least, i could understand calling Al Sharpton a racebaiter, even though i disagree with that argument, but i have never understood attacking Jessie Jackson. What exactly did he do ? He isnt even that vocal on a national stage like Sharpton is and he usually doesnt show up to many of the major events like Sharpton, And as far as i know he doesnt have a history of homophobia and throwing out jewish slurs.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:47 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,512,175 times
This is a killing that happened recently not too far from Ferguson.

A white man was brutally killed by black and hispanic teens with hammers.

The article states it's not being treated as a hate crime.

I feel there is more of a chance he was targeted for being white , versus Brown being targeted for being Black because this guy didn't do anything to these kids.

Brown on the other hand robbed ,attacked and tried to grab at a police officer's gun prior to being killed.

This story is truly scary

Pack of teens beats man to death near Ferguson, but protests sparse | Fox News

St. Louis Protesters Decry Motorist Beaten To Death By 2 Teens

Old 12-02-2014, 12:55 AM

29,626 posts, read 16,607,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This is a killing that happened recently not too far from Ferguson.

A white man was brutally killed by black and hispanic teens with hammers.

The article states it's not being treated as a hate crime.

I feel there is more of a chance he was targeted for being white , versus Brown being targeted for being Black because this guy didn't do anything to these kids.

Brown on the other hand robbed ,attacked and tried to grab at a police officer's gun prior to being killed.

This story is truly scary

Pack of teens beats man to death near Ferguson, but protests sparse | Fox News

St. Louis Protesters Decry Motorist Beaten To Death By 2 Teens
What you meant to say was that Darren Wilson presented a narrative where Brown attacked and grabbed his gun. There is no actual proof that that happened.

Further more, i dont think anyone is arguing that Brown was targeted because he was black, but simply that he was views as scary by the officer which then lead to him being killed where as a white person wouldnt have been seen in the same light.

Also, and the most important, the people in your link are all charged with first degree murder. Darren Wilson is free. Do you not see the flaw in your argument ?????

Last edited by dsjj251; 12-02-2014 at 01:04 AM..

Old 12-02-2014, 04:07 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,554,468 times
Remember...white people can't be victims.

Only non-whites can be victims.

That's what American media has taught me.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:36 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,943,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Remember...white people can't be victims.

Only non-whites can be victims.

That's what American media has taught me.
Remember... blacks are all lazy, violent, uneducated thugs and can't be trusted in "good neighborhoods".

Only white people are good citizens and the prime example of what it means to be American.

That's what 50+ years of history taught me.

Right?

Old 12-02-2014, 05:42 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,366,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
When i speak out on the Ferguson case, i am personally speaking out against police brutality in general.

This was at the heart of the issue to me; race being a very far behind secondary issue.
This wasn't a case of police brutality so how can you compare police brutality to this? What a joke. Protestors don't even understand the basic facts of the case!

Old 12-02-2014, 05:48 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,554,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Remember... blacks are all lazy, violent, uneducated thugs and can't be trusted in "good neighborhoods".

Only white people are good citizens and the prime example of what it means to be American.

That's what 50+ years of history taught me.

Right?
History taught you that blacks are lazy thugs?

Are you saying that is what you've personally experienced in your history?

Old 12-02-2014, 05:52 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,366,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Ferguson happened because collectively enough people said enough is enough. It was the straw.

From activists, to protesters, to indie news outlets to people who went to social media to express exactly what they saw.

The new age.
Yes. Enough of black men robbing stores and attacking the clerks, walking in the middle of the road while high, and attacking a police officer. All things that happened in this case and 99% of the protestors probably don't even know those things. Your saying enough of those things right!?!?

Old 12-02-2014, 05:54 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,943,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
History taught you that blacks are lazy thugs?

Are you saying that is what you've personally experienced in your history?
No, that was a sarcastic response to your ridiculously one-sided post.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:54 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,184,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Where are the protests against the shooting of Gilbert Collar? the unarmed man that was shot and killed by police and the police were cleared.

Gilbert Collar was killed in 2012...I think of myself as someone that pays attention to events in the news

Did I miss the protests for Gilbert Collar?

I didn't hear his name on TV or as a headline online.

It sounds like Collar was more vulnerable and less of a threat than Brown as he did not touch the officer and was naked so obviously unarmed..

"Critics also note there has been no rioting or sustained protest in Mobile, even though the slightly built Collar, unlike Brown, never touched the officer and, because he was naked when he was shot, was more obviously unarmed.

Both shooting victims were found with marijuana in their systems."

Read more: White teen Gilbert Collar killed by black cop Trevis Austin in Alabama mirrors Ferguson - Washington Times

It seems that Collar's death was ignored simply because he was white.
Did you stand up for him? Make a fuss? Protest or organize a protest? Sounds like you, your community, and your community leaders let him down. So, now you complain that the black community didn't ignore one of it's own? Sounds like you are complaining that the black community are doing the right thing while the white one didn't.

Maybe YOU just didn't care enough about him to lift a finger. Sad. And not a smart argument.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 12-02-2014 at 06:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies