Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 10:25 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,372,264 times

Advertisements

All lives matter

The truth is, it's just not an interesting enough topic for the media to cover.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:35 PM

29,621 posts, read 16,624,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
There are plenty of horror stories about cops killing and injuring people of all races. The media, Obama and the rest of the powers like to make issues like this about race. Not only is it a more juicy spin for the media, but it divides the country and prevents people from coming together to protest the issue en mass.
You had to go back to 2012 to find a white teen shot by a cop just to make a racially charged argument.

Someone from the other side of that argument only has to go back 6 days to find an example of a black teen shot by a cop.

Do you not see the planet sized hole in your argument ??????

Old 12-01-2014, 10:59 PM

to prove a point to the OP

Two years later, the death of Gil Collar still haunts the University of South Alabama in Mobile | AL.com

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1951098.html

Quote:
Students took the lead in organizing a vigil and two protests within a week, one in support of the police and one sharply questioning the police officer's response.

Tempers flared on social media. Local television outlets camped out on campus for a week, joined by the Huffington Post, Associated Press, CNN and more national media.

CNN's Piers Morgan featured a segment in which he said that college students were prone to making mistakes. "Gilbert Collar could have been my son. He could have been your son. He may have been a silly boy, a disturbed boy. We don't know. But he didn't deserve to die," Morgan said.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nckG42kM9-8

Old 12-01-2014, 11:14 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,400,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Just because a dude is small doesn't mean he can't put up a good fight, especially when hopped up on some crazy drug like meth. I read about Mr Collar getting dropped by the cops; it is what it is. Had he NOT went off his chain, he'd probably be alive in 2014.

All perhaps true, but the question remains: why did Michael Brown become a cause celebre and this guy did not. The death of Michael Brown is getting 24/7 intensive coverage, and I had never heard of Collar until I clicked on this thread a minute ago.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:21 PM

73,140 posts, read 62,835,394 times
According to the judicial system, White lives do matter. Whenever Blacks have killed White people, Blacks have been far more likely to do the time than if it were a Black victim. In fact, of the executions, most of them have involved someone who murdered a White person.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
All perhaps true, but the question remains: why did Michael Brown become a cause celebre and this guy did not. The death of Michael Brown is getting 24/7 intensive coverage, and I had never heard of Collar until I clicked on this thread a minute ago.
Because young black men getting killed by the police happens about 1 every 2 weeks where as the OP had to dig up a story form 2012 to find a white id shot by the cops and that kid was on drugs and buck naked running at a cop.

Michael Brown, regardless of your opinion of him, is about something way bigger than just him.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:26 PM

779 posts, read 634,290 times
Quote:
I'm still not sure about that one. There have been plenty of black kids killed by cops with more questionable circumstances surrounding their deaths. Could it be the way that they left the body splayed out for hours? It could have been the missteps in processing or failing to collect evidence and follow protocol. Probably not the latter. That wasn't pointed out until later.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:31 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,207,830 times
Quote:
Riots.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:40 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,153,774 times
Ferguson happened because collectively enough people said enough is enough. It was the straw.

From activists, to protesters, to indie news outlets to people who went to social media to express exactly what they saw.

The new age.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:46 PM

39,906 posts, read 26,604,517 times
Quote:
Black teens getting killed by cops happens so rarely that it is gobbled up by our media wh*res and professional race baiters as an opportunity to inflame tensions, promote violence and make a few extra bucks for the media "news" programs. Whites killed by blacks happens so often it isn't even news. No real surprise, especially when most of the brain-dead masses get their information from CNN or MSNBC. For this case to be news, whites need professional race baiters the likes of Jesse J or Al Sharpton, that want to make a few extra bucks when their moronic followers burn their own neighborhoods down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies