Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 09:27 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,175,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Many blacks have been enslaved to the benifits of their master big government . many of them love ther master and the Democratic Party that has enslaved them. Many blacks have broke away from their master and have had ameican success . That includes Obama , but what has he done to free the goverment slaves
Nobody is enslaved to the Democratic party. That is the childish insult many of you right wingers have been throwing around for decades because you don't have the brainpower, personal integrity, or honesty to face the truth that Black people - like everyone else choose the path that is best for themselves and for the last 60 years that path has included the Democratic Party.

Anyone who has a choice to make will chose what is best for them at that time and in no way, shape, or form has anything offered by republicans been a good or even neutral proposition. As blacks continue to become successful (read: wealthy), some will choose the Republican party because like that party they are more interested in personal wealth than they are in the benefit of all. As more and more Black people continue to struggle to succeed, the Republican party will have to get off this "we know what is best for you - and by the way it is really what is best for us" kick before it will attract any minorities in significant numbers.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:27 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,188,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This post is such a fricken lie, there is nothing more to say. You can deny all you want, you are full of it.
Hahahahahah...angry because you cannot refute it!

As stated, the Irish were not treated worse...if that was the case, then they would not have any knowledge of being Irish anymore. They would be "white" with no clue of what ethnicity they are. African slaves lost all knowledge of their ethnicities, lost their names, languages and their virtually all distinct cultural knowledge.

If you want to refute it, that stop talking about "black" people and tell me about the Igbo, the Hausa, the Akan etc. and the over 40 others African ethnicities brought to the U.S. What happened to them?

Old 12-02-2014, 09:30 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,720,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I know it was different and I believe I said as much. The Paddy Wagon reference was an indication that the Irish had their own problems with the police.

And for good reason- the Irish were once justifiably known for crime. We changed, so can you. (That's me being smart arse).

"Profiling" is a rather nebulous concept that means everything and nothing at all. Suffice it to say if crime stats and data were not what they are, we would never hear about it.
I know the problems the Irish had with the police but eventually the Irish disproportionately became constables on patrol in many cities.

Same you want to dance around the point, discrimination cannot be sustained without the ability to accurately identify the target. When the Irish had accents and all lived in Irish enclaves and had Irish surnames.....you were easy to target. However, once the Irish changed those things they were able to blend in and be treated "white" or should I say be treated "right".

19,857 posts, read 12,130,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This story demonstrates the difference.

http://www.tamutimes.tamu.edu/2012/0.../#.VH3flRYvdvE
Curious why this article is being ignored. This shows clearly the difference in the thinking between the two groups. It is also why they recovered so much more quickly. Learned helplessness is crippling and some here are clinging to it like their lives depended on it.

61,286 posts, read 87,483,906 times
a strongly agree with much of what you say, however when a good movement like civil rights is used to benefit violent anti social behavior, to disarm those responsible for protecting us, to defend those who abuse and harm the innocent, that part is disturbing.
the elements that now demand that law enforcement and home owners stand down and submit to crime, are akin to the self declared heros of france, that sacked versailles, in what was really a home invasion and murdered most of its occupants and stole the goods within. then they declared themselves liberators and heros in the fight against income inequality.
https://tribkcpq.files.wordpress.com...on-looting.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Are you caribdoll? Are you on here with two accounts? I didn't address you.
I have ONE account, and I addressed YOU and the nonsense in your post.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:33 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,873,964 times
*Sigh*

A race thread. These always end well...

Okay, many of the problems that currently effect the black community are relatively recent. The standard of living for blacks continued to rise from the abolition of slavery to a few years after the end of the Civil Rights Movement. Does discrimination and racism still exist? Yes. I have yet to meet a single black person who thinks that the cops don't treat them worse than whites. That is regardless of criminality, income, style of dress, age, political beliefs, etc. Even black conservatives admit that the cops will treat someone like Alan Keyes or Thomas Sowell like a belligerent gangbanger. I have also see the way cops treat black people with my own eyes and it is almost always more hostile than when they speak with whites.

That being said, the black community is to blame for many of its ills and it is often its own worst enemy. While blacks get harsher sentences than whites for the same crimes (the crack cocaine versus power cocaine disparity for example), it still does not fully explain the disproportionate amount of black men in prison. It does not explain why black men kill each other at rates that exceed the KKK at the height of its reign of terror. It doesn't explain why almost every single neighborhood or small town that has a reputation for being dangerous at anytime is majority black (sometimes exceeding 90% black).

Yeah, I know the black community has seen better days. East St. Louis was once the black cultural center for Missouri and southern Illinois. Detroit was once the heartland of middle-class black America and black musicians from Detroit made invaluable contributions to American pop culture in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. New York had the Harlem Renaissance in the 1920s and 1930s which was an arguable high-point for black entrepreneurship, literature, art, and music.

But not many people seem to try to be bringing those days back. Factories closing down in the Rustbelt? Do what white unskilled, semi-skilled, and skilled labor did and move to cities that those jobs (or similar jobs have moved to). A lot of people in the Sunbelt are originally from Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, and so other Northeastern and Midwestern states and moved to Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, and so on because the jobs are there and the cost of living is generally lower. Don't like being stereotyped? I'm a Euromutt, but my most prominent ancestry is Irish and Italian. As such, I avoid getting blind drunk and picking fights with strangers as I urinate in public. I also tend to avoid constantly groping my crotch and using phrases like "Youse f--king guys!" Don't complain about being racially stereotyped if you are a black woman who has 6 kids by five guys, four beat feet and the fifth is in prison, and have given all your kids pseudo-African names and live in the projects.

I know that I'm contentious here. I know there is white trash and criminally prone white people (I have several in my own family including one that was sentenced to 15 years for armed robbery and he did a five year bid a few years before that for beating another man so severely that he ended up in wheelchair). I am not saying that this is only a black thing (most of the things I said can go for my family too) or this applies to all or most black people because it doesn't. However, "We got it so bad and we can't make like Jews, Asians, increasingly Latinos, or even African immigrants who obviously never ever face or ever faced any discrimination or racism of any type. Also, you owe us for the standard of living in the US even though most of what slavery actually built was destroyed in the Civil War." isn't going to help anyone. It isn't going to help whites and it certainly isn't going to help blacks.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Curious why this article is being ignored. This shows clearly the difference in the thinking between the two groups. It is also why they recovered so much more quickly. Learned helplessness is crippling and some here are clinging to it like their lives depended on it.
Your link doesnt work.

What two groups are you talking about? There are not two groups being discussed here.

Over 40 different African ethnic groups were brought to the U.S. Unless you can tell me what happened to them, it is not comparable. African-Americans experienced cultural genocide.

Learned ignorance is crippling and some here are clinging to it like their lives depended on it. Stick to discussing your own ethnic groups. You have zero knowledge of the over 40 groups that make up African-Americans, nor what they experienced upon coming here which resulted in cultural genocide.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:36 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,720,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
a strongly agree with much of what you say, however when a good movement like civil rights is used to benefit violent anti social behavior, to disarm those responsible for protecting us, to defend those who abuse and harm the innocent, that part is disturbing.
the elements that now demand that law enforcement and home owners stand down and submit to crime, are akin to the self declared heros of france, that sacked versailles, in what was really a home invasion and murdered most of its occupants and stole the goods within. then they declared themselves liberators and heros in the fight against income inequality.
https://tribkcpq.files.wordpress.com...on-looting.jpg
Two wrongs are not supposed to make it right. I do not condone what the black guy did....but the response was over the top. Police shoot to kill far, far to often.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:38 AM

13,656 posts, read 20,797,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I know the problems the Irish had with the police but eventually the Irish disproportionately became constables on patrol in many cities.

Same you want to dance around the point, discrimination cannot be sustained without the ability to accurately identify the target. When the Irish had accents and all lived in Irish enclaves and had Irish surnames.....you were easy to target. However, once the Irish changed those things they were able to blend in and be treated "white" or should I say be treated "right".
No, they stopped committing crimes and causing general mayhem. They embraced education and personal responsibility. They were not targeted because they had brogues, funny clothes, and whiskey bottles in the pocket. As stated, it was not called a Paddy Wagon because it was green.

Instead of blaming others for your own self destruction, perhaps study the Luck of the Irish as an example of how to elevate yourself.

Then again, it is easier to depict the Crips as misunderstood youths just trying to get to their calculus tutor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies