Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 02:54 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
The cop was cleared because he was restraining a man twice his size who had a criminal record AND was just involved in a fight. He was a known problem in the community. This isn't about race. It's about officer safety. Don't pick fights with cops and they won't choke you out or shoot you. It's really that simple.
Follow police procedure and people don't die. His only involvement was in trying to break the fight up.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
just off the top of my head, I wonder why no one is mentioning the guy was a severe Asthmatic? That may have contributed to his death. I am not saying the cop was right necessarily, but it certainly could have added to his death and the cop would not have known that.
It's been mentioned over and over and over and over. The medical examiner ruled on the cause of death. His neck was crushed.

Again over and over and over and over again, the officer was NOT allowed to subdue him with a chokehold.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
There were 4 suspended. What about the other two and it doesn't answer why he wasn't administered the help he needed.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:00 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
Another concerning thing about the Garner case was how scared the cops were. Seriously, a morbidly obese, older black men selling loose cigs and they treat him like he's a deadly criminal. They surround him with 5 or 6 men (boys more like it), and then continue subduing him long after he was subdued.

Seems to be a common theme in these cases, guess the police need to train their entire staffs that black people are just made of flesh and blood like everyone else.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:03 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,091,298 times
on a different note anyone see the white college girls protesting around Columbus Circle? They would soil their granny panties if they were ever confronted by someone and would be the first one calling for a man in blue to come and assist. It was comical to watch them chant.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:04 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's been mentioned over and over and over and over. The medical examiner ruled on the cause of death. His neck was crushed.

Again over and over and over and over again, the officer was NOT allowed to subdue him with a chokehold.
His neck wasn't "crushed".

Quit with the inflammatory rhetoric.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:06 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Peter King is a piece of work. I don't know how he keeps getting reelected.

Rep. Peter King, Republican NY 2nd District (south side of Long Island)

Peter King: President Obama should invite Officer Darren Wilson to the W.H. - Kendall Breitman - POLITICO

Rep. Peter King has a suggestion for the White House in dealing with the latest developments in Ferguson — invite Officer Darren Wilson over.
“I think it would be very helpful if President Obama went and met with the police officer, or invited him to the White House and said, ‘You’ve gone through four months of smear and slander, and the least we can do is tell you that it’s unfortunate that it happened and thank you for doing your job,’
Peter King is E-V-I-L and absolutely ignorant.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
His neck wasn't "crushed".

Quit with the inflammatory rhetoric.
The M.E. used the words "compressed". What is compressed?

Old 12-04-2014, 03:26 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Most of his district is white and he is big with people of Irish descent, a good portion of whom happen to be police or have police in their families. He's playing to his constituency.

After the last round of redistricting the district is a bit more diverse than it was previously (redistricting after the 2000 census was an Incumbent protection Gerrymander) this one was drawn by the courts. With that being said the comments about the cops in the district is certailnly a good point, but it doesn't change the facts his comments are ignorant (as were Lynch's and Giuliani's)

Old 12-04-2014, 03:45 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And in the end there is no proof he was doing anything.
That's true, but he had been arrested 31 times and was out on bail. Maybe this time he wasn't doing anything wrong. Doesn't matter. The police had every right to question him, although the end result was tragic.

By the way, did Eric Garner ever have a "real" job? He was 43 and I can't find anything about his occupation. Except for being arrested 31 times, collecting Welfare and selling loose cigarettes, what else did he do?

I hope someone doesn't twist my words around and accuse me of saying poor people should be arrested or assaulted by the police. I'm just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies