Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 01:01 PM

13,513 posts, read 17,057,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
The cop was cleared because he was restraining a man twice his size who had a criminal record AND was just involved in a fight. He was a known problem in the community. This isn't about race. It's about officer safety. Don't pick fights with cops and they won't choke you out or shoot you. It's really that simple.
...and when the half dozen other cops got involved and the guy died on the sidewalk while nobody did anything, that's fine also?

I find your lack of humanity disturbing, as well as the cops.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:04 PM

28,970 posts, read 30,332,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
...and when the half dozen other cops got involved and the guy died on the sidewalk while nobody did anything, that's fine also?

I find your lack of common sense pathetic

Old 12-04-2014, 01:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,909,020 times
Quote:

just off the top of my head, I wonder why no one is mentioning the guy was a severe Asthmatic? That may have contributed to his death. I am not saying the cop was right necessarily, but it certainly could have added to his death and the cop would not have known that.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I find your lack of common sense pathetic
Your "common sense" is more like a warped perception of what's right in front of your face.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:11 PM

28,970 posts, read 30,332,663 times
Quote:
Redshadowz What is wrong with Jesus? Besides, the "cast the first stone" parable is just a good life lesson. It just says, "No one is perfect", so get over yourself.
No, you get over yourself....there is nothing wrong with Jesus, and you know that, and you know exactly what I was talking about....using Jesus to prove a point....

Quote:
I've done illegal things, all of them minor. I smoked weed. Obama has done cocaine.
well, good for you and proud of it, are you?

Quote:
I remember someone commented once that , "Had Obama been caught smoking weed or doing cocaine, he wouldn't be president". Yet, Obama continues to enforce laws which he himself broke, and had he been caught, his entire life would have turned out significantly worse. I mean, had Obama been caught doing cocaine around the age of 18. He might not have even gone to college, let alone finished.
difference is, Obama didn't get caught, and Obama didn't have a long standing record of arrests, no compairason.....

Quote:
Talking about how someone is a "criminal" without putting their supposed crimes in perspective. Or even having to ask whether or not these laws are even reasonable, does everyone a disservice.
He was a criminal, bottom line, no perspective needed.

Quote:
The truth is, nearly 60% of all cigarettes in New York are purchased from other states. Basically, 60% of the people who smoke in New York state are criminals, or are happy to purchase cigarettes from criminals.
I don't care, laws sometimes may be unfair, but they are there for a reason, you don't intentionally break them and not expect some kind of consequence?????????

so what, so your neighbor pays taxes and you don't....that's fair, no, it's down right wrong and breaking the law, no matter how you try and cut it, period.

Quote:
Everyone is a criminal. That was my point. Its just that most people aren't caught. So please, lets look at things on a case-by-case basis instead of trying to vilify someone for petty/minor past offenses.
case by case....ok, this guy was wrong, he broke the law many times over...which is nothing new, usually perps have been arrested at least 5 times and each time the crime gets worse and worse, but hey, that's ok, right, go ahead, break the laws....that is fine...he was black and the cop was white, so it was an awful thing for the cop to do.....

give me a break.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
just off the top of my head, I wonder why no one is mentioning the guy was a severe Asthmatic? That may have contributed to his death. I am not saying the cop was right necessarily, but it certainly could have added to his death and the cop would not have known that.
Well, when he stopped breathing a little concern might have been in order. That's pretty sensible, unless you view a person as something other than human.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:13 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,663,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
The cop was cleared because he was restraining a man twice his size who had a criminal record AND was just involved in a fight. He was a known problem in the community. This isn't about race. It's about officer safety. Don't pick fights with cops and they won't choke you out or shoot you. It's really that simple.
That is simply not true.

Take a look at this map of botched police raids, in which many innocent people were killed by the police.

Botched Paramilitary Police Raids | Cato Institute

Old 12-04-2014, 01:20 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,582,447 times
Quote:
Your "common sense" is more like a warped perception of what's right in front of your face.
Let's be real here. The same usual predictable suspect posters on here could watch a video of a cop walking up to a black guy on the sidewalk & shooting him in the head for no reason & they'd still blame the black guy. I guarantee 100% that if the guys in these situations had been white, they'd be singing a different tune. They're so obvious in their biases it's absurd.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:23 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,552,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
yeah police kill without accountability, and somehow its "our fault" for not being calm?

dude - how can you be calm if they can put a gun to your head, missfire, and shoot again. . point blank with your hands cuffed. . .all because the stupid cop caught his gun on a mirror

be calm

good luck with that.
It's worked out for me for decades...if you don't think its a good idea then try taking a swing at a cop or something.

Perhaps that is the better idea, no?

Old 12-04-2014, 01:27 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,616,411 times
Quote:

I agree that the police should have been more responsive in providing post-arrest medical support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies