Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2014, 10:52 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
Can we stop with the single mom thing? Black kids have a 70/30 chance white kids have about a 50/50 chance of being born to a single mom. Guess what. It's not the worst thing in the world. It helps if she has support. It helps if she has a father for her kid who steps up and is around to help. It helps if she eventually marries or cohabitates with someone who can split the rent and assist in parenting. It is not the end of the work. Really pay attention to how many kids aged 16 and up who were born to single moms and crime rates, unemployment rates, Etc and you'll notice that most kids born to single moms are doing ok. They may not be rolling in the dough but they are working and living day to day like the average person.

Most of everybody is doing OK. However it is bastards that fill up our prisons.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:02 AM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Oh my God...

This time 50 years ago...
We're not talking about 50 years ago. We're talking about the change that's happened between 2009 when Obama took office, and now. According to Black people themselves, Black and White race relations have deteriorated by about 16%. They were improving while Bush was president. But since 2009, Obama's presidency (and AG Holder is equally to blame) has significantly deteriorated the progress previously made in race relations.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
That doesn't have to do with Obama.
Indeed, it does. It has to do with Obama unnecessarily and irresponsibly trying to inject race into anything and everything, and AG Holder's propensity to focus only on race-baiting issues. Even Blacks indicate that since 2009, Obama's presidency with Holder as AG has set race relations back by about 16%.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:14 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
We're not talking about 50 years ago. We're talking about the change that's happened between 2009 when Obama took office, and now. According to Black people themselves, Black and White race relations have deteriorated by about 16%. They were improving while Bush was president. But since 2009, Obama's presidency (and AG Holder is equally to blame) has significantly deteriorated the progress previously made in race relations.
Not only did you miss the point, you also completely blew off what I was saying. You probably didn't even read my post at all.

Again, THIS IS NOT ABOUT OBAMA and RACE RELATIONS ARE NOT WORSE despite some poll you want to cling to. It's quite pathetic, honestly. It seems that some people are living on the internet and not in the real world.

THIS black person is calling people morons who think that race relations have somehow gotten worse. In all honesty, it's not much different than it was 20 years ago, but it's improved. If YOU want to think otherwise simply because you just want something else to blame Obama for (seeing how gas prices went down) then go ahead.

I'm going to be more realistic and rational.

Last edited by JJG; 12-13-2014 at 11:23 AM..

Old 12-13-2014, 11:21 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Oh, Bill Whittle, just as stupid as always.

"Barack Onama has declared amnesty for millions to f illegal immigrants."

No, he didn't.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:29 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Quote:
Indeed, it does. It has to do with Obama unnecessarily and irresponsibly trying to inject race into anything and everything, and AG Holder's propensity to focus only on race-baiting issues. Even Blacks indicate that since 2009, Obama's presidency with Holder as AG has set race relations back by about 16%.
You misunderstand. Movement conservatives becoming enraged because a black democrat was elected, and then reflected, to the presidency, is not Obama "trying to inject race into anything and everything". Actually, that's what they are doing. We saw it t before he was even elected, with the Birther nonsens. We saw it with Rush Limbaugh's pathetic rants. We saw it with Dinesh D'Souza ranting about how Obama is a "Kenyan anti-colonialist". We saw it with the with conservatives endorsing state violence against black people. We saw it with the whole "Trayvon Martin was a thug" nonsense. We saw it with the "I want my county back!" squeals.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Not only did you miss the point, you also completely blew off what I was saying.
What you are saying is completely irrelevant to the fact that Obama and Holder have set Black and White race relations back, and significantly so, from where they were in 2009 before Obama took office.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:47 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
What you are saying is completely irrelevant to the fact that Obama and Holder have set Black and White race relations back, and significantly so, from where they were in 2009 before Obama took office.
*sigh*

Old 12-13-2014, 12:36 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I don't really like the term "white privilege" because it sends the wrong message.

I will say this, if I hadn't been born yet, and was given the choice what my race would be, I would choose to be white.
Is there white privilage? Ask yourself if you had an option to select your race and gender at birth and that'll give you your answer. At this point in world history, I would check white male all day.

Old 12-13-2014, 12:39 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Nope. Partisans like you fell hook, line, and sinker for Obama being "different"; different race and foreign sounding last name. The right wing propaganda machine has been dividing this country along race and income because it's the right wing that fears "different". Does it upset you that you are simply a sheep who uses emotion over logic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies